Gregg Doyel column

np_husker

After a crummy week in Husker Nation - the disagreement, the hurt, and finally the coming together again (for the most part), this is a nice way to end the week.

It's going to be a goose-bump experience, a moment where one of the most special fan bases in college football reminds us why we love the sport.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23744699/college-footballs-best-fans-the-ones-wholl-cheer-pelini-on-saturday

This is why no potential HC candidate should fear coaching here. The good far outweighs the bad.

Believe me, no matter how much the media plays up the, "They fire coaches that win 9 or more games a year," and "it's too much of a fishbowl" there are not many coaches who don't look at Nebraska and think, "Just imagine what I could do there. Bill/Bo/Frank/etc couldn't get it done but I know I can."

Coaches, at least most great coaches, have huge egos about what they are capable of and will step up to any challenge especially when they will be at a place that can give them almost anything they want to help them become great.

This is why no potential HC candidate should fear coaching here. The good far outweighs the bad.

Believe me, no matter how much the media plays up the, "They fire coaches that win 9 or more games a year," and "it's too much of a fishbowl" there are not many coaches who don't look at Nebraska and think, "Just imagine what I could do there. Bill/Bo/Frank/etc couldn't get it done but I know I can."

Coaches, at least most great coaches, have huge egos about what they are capable of and will step up to any challenge especially when they will be at a place that can give them almost anything they want to help them become great.

Very informative. Steve Pedersen's coaching search must not have been difficult as I heard it might have been.

we really need to take this opportunity to prove to bo that we are the best fans and we do support the team above all else. i hope there is nary a boo. and if there is any booing, i hope the deafening cheers drown it out.

someone attacked our guy in a moment of weakness to the detriment of the program, that is not alright. husker fans are better than that.

• Fire 2

Very informative. Steve Pedersen's coaching search must not have been difficult as I heard it might have been.

Steve Pedersen was a buffoon that hired Dave Wannsteadt and Bill Callahan so I'm in agreement that Nebraska IS a popular coaching job.

we really need to take this opportunity to prove the bo that we are the best fans and we do support the team above all else. i hope there is nary a boo. and if there is any booing, i hope the deafening cheers drown it out.

someone attacked our guy in a moment of weakness to the detriment of the program, that is not alright. husker fans are better than that.

I emailed the university at Bo's address (of couse he'll never see it) but just weighed in my support and I think everyone should. One thing I mentioned in the email that I noticed some others posted as well was that the fan base usually rallies together in these types of situations.

I heard Gregg Doyle interviewed on 590 am in Omaha this afternoon. He thinks very highly of the Nebraska program and Husker fans.

Not trying to start trouble, but he did say one thing that I found very interesting and I agree with. He said he really wants to see Bo succeed at NU, but said four losses in a season should never be acceptable at Nebraska.

• Fire 1