Bo's post-game with Damon

Here's my one and only issue with Bo and his defensive management. Bo's calling the d, right? This is obvious to everyone by now? Ok good. As a head coach, does he really have the time during the week to handle all the things a head coach has to do and still analyze film and be as prepared as necessary to handle play calling duties in any phase? This is why I would just like to Papuchis handle the play calling duties on D with some input from Bo. Right now it seems to be the other way around. Folks want to blame Papuchis, but i dont think he's doing anything to warrant that.

I'd prefer to see Papuchis have nothing to do with the defense anymore

Here's my one and only issue with Bo and his defensive management. Bo's calling the d, right? This is obvious to everyone by now? Ok good. As a head coach, does he really have the time during the week to handle all the things a head coach has to do and still analyze film and be as prepared as necessary to handle play calling duties in any phase? This is why I would just like to Papuchis handle the play calling duties on D with some input from Bo. Right now it seems to be the other way around. Folks want to blame Papuchis, but i dont think he's doing anything to warrant that.

Thought about this today as well. Bo is the CEO and still trying to run the day to day operations. He needs to concentrate on the big picture. Trying to run everything, IMO, would leave him little time to really evaluate film and coach the kids. Something has to give.

This is why I would just like to Papuchis handle the play calling duties on D with some input from Bo.

Carlfense raised a great point today in the statuses. If Bo's not going to be running our defense, what's he doing here?

That's like hiring Chip Kelly and telling him to find himself a real OC and turn the reins over.

Edited by zoogies
quote trimmed. come on man

I don't buy the "young and inexperienced" argument/excuse. A good coach should be able to find a way for these "young guys" to be at least average. We are not the only team to have young players in key positions. Somehow though, we have trouble with simplest of things, like tackling.

I don't buy the "young and inexperienced" argument/excuse. A good coach should be able to find a way for these "young guys" to be at least average. We are not the only team to have young players in key positions. Somehow though, we have trouble with simplest of things, like tackling.

Pelini said similar in the post game presser

EXACTLY!!! Bo has the ability to coach a defense, if that is solely his job, but its not. Bo should always have an input on where he is a expert at, but to do his job AND be a DC, its too much. This is why I said, last week, that we need to get a good DC in here. I firmly believe this would fix most of our issues. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Coach Kaz as DC. I think he is getting quite frustrated with the lack of pressure we are not bringing, while his DLine gets criticized for not being able to bring pressure to the QB when its 4 against 5 or 6 players. He came here to coach up a deadly defensive line that can dominate, not one who has to play patty cake. We bring more pressure (no not on every play) we will see OL's wear down faster and start to make mistakes. If we continue this contain crap, we will remain in the bottom half of the B1G defensively.

All in all what I am saying, Bo needs to be a system coach. Sit back, be a Head Coach and let your assistants do what they were hired to do. If they can't, we can fork out the money to get someone who can. I see no problem why we can't get a great DC here.

Now is the time to fire JP if they are going to fire him mid-season...

Bo needs to make a change on D.

Perfect with the bye week coming up...

At the end of the first quarter I was hoping that JP would get fired at halftime.

SDSU is a good team with a really good running back but even late in the game our defense was making huge mistakes that a better team will exploit.

At the end of the first quarter I was hoping that JP would get fired at halftime.

SDSU is a good team with a really good running back but even late in the game our defense was making huge mistakes that a better team will exploit.

Please, enlighten me on what Paps/Bo did wrong on play calling... I saw WAY more piss poor missed tackles, and wrong tackling techniques than I saw the wrong defensive plays being called. Kirby Smart wouldn't have even been able to stop what was going on with the tackling issues we had today. This does fall back on coaching, but it doesn't fall back on play calling. The only thing I didn't agree with, was putting Santos on Zenner. It should have been Bando covering him.

That isnt the way Bo does things

ZERO chance of happening

Paps is his buddy, followed him all over the US

Bo helps guys get other gigs, that is how he "fires" people