QB controversy? What about the RB controversy?

Ameer is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball. Cross is a beast there is no question about it, but ameer is the guy.

I live AA but I disagree here. He is a threat to break a long run but he will get run down from behind..

True. AA is elusive, a quick cutting back, and tough for his size... but small. He is of reasonable straight-ahead speed... but will get caught from behind if the distance is great. AA is a very good back... but not a home run threat. A 30-40 yard threat.. yes. A 60-80 yard threat? Not so much (often he would get caught).

This is not to disparage AA at all. He is quite good (sans the fumbles) and can hit seams that Cross is not quick enough or agile enough to hit. That said, Cross gets much more YAC and is a bruiser. Both are very good. neither are a home run threat (yet both can score readily if 30-40 yards are all they have to do). Imani is fairly fast for his size. They have different attributes and, I'd think, complimentary attributes.

Against a team where holes are not there... Imani should tote the rock. Otherwise, swap them in and out.

People want to see lopsided wins so we can build depth with our younger guys. Then they get their lopsided win and get to use our younger guys who have some predictable success against an inferior opponent. Now these "fans" are questioning whether one of our best players on offense should lose carries and possibly his starting job! :facepalm: SMH and a wag of my finger(you know which finger) to you people.

This is a situation where the glass is 95% full, folks.

Very fortunate to have Ameer as the featured running back (a Top Ten rusher nationally), Imani Cross as a roll-player, who gets the crucial third down calls and touchdown carries, and Newby getting crunch time experience and already looking first string.

Whoever you put in at featured running back will likely see his per carry average drop and fumbles go up. That just comes with the additional carries.

If we decide to unleash either Armstrong or Martinez in a fully-loaded offense, that's fewer carries to go around for everyone.

But since opposing coaches can't key on one player, it's a nice problem to have.

Ameer goes 15 for 139 and people want him to get less touches? Unbelievable.

Actually, people want him to still be touching the ball when the whistle blows...as opposed to someone else in a different jersey...

I say, Abdullah and Martinez start and keep their jobs...until the next turnover. If and when that happens, they drop to #3. When the next guy fumbles, he becomes #3, #3 becomes #2, and #2 is the starter. Really, the only separation we need from the three QBs or three RBs is finding the one who doesn't kill us with turnovers or putting the ball on the ground.