FCS verses some old rivalry teams in schedule

NoLongerN

I think it is 2016 when the B1G will not allow us to schedule these small schools. I am all for that personally.

My dream schedule for pre-B1G games would be a combo od schools from other big conferences that are now in different conferences. I think it would be nice to schedule some Big 12 teams like Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State. Not hard teams but Big 12. Next, love to see us hook up with Mizzou and Kentucky type level $EC teams. In the PAC 12, I would love to take on a Colorado team.

I think we could find some suitable teams in these conferences and be fine. I don't respect the B1G that much so for me I am not worried about our schedule being to hard. Secondly, I think it would be helpful for recruiting to hit these regions and conferences.

Anyway, just a topic I thought might be interesting to hear viewpoints on in a bye week.

The SEC has made a living recently playing the lowest possible unranked teams. If all schools could decide to play one difficult non-con game I would be in favor of it. Giving great coaches like Saban 6 weeks to prepare for a bowl game is a big advantage. Not sure who wants to be the guinea pig to play Bama in the middle of the season though. I would hope the Huskers can get there but till the D catches up to the O, I'll not hold my breath.

The SEC has made a living recently playing the lowest possible unranked teams. If all schools could decide to play one difficult non-con game I would be in favor of it. Giving great coaches like Saban 6 weeks to prepare for a bowl game is a big advantage. Not sure who wants to be the guinea pig to play Bama in the middle of the season though. I would hope the Huskers can get there but till the D catches up to the O, I'll not hold my breath.

Are you implying that the SEC does this and no other conference does?

What the SEC does that I find interesting is that they all schedule a non-conference cupcake late in the season, and it acts almost like a second bye week / glorified late season scrimmage. They all start conference play a week earlier as a result, so there's a little tradeoff there.

Imagine as a theoretical, we'd played Illinois this week and then played SDSU the week after Michigan, for example.

Sarcasm always makes for the worst discussion. No, who wants to have a bad schedule?

The point is ... if the B1G isn't going to allow playing these FCS schools, why not schedule some old rival schools like Colorado as warm up games. At least we get a "bump" for the "W" and I think our fan base would want the home game more or enjoy the travel to these schools. For a Kansas away game we would have a lot of fans showing up.

Was hopeful for some better thoughts then yours. Have a better day.

• Fire 1