Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 2)

knapplc

Poll: Bo Pelini's job security   

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...not conditioned well to the point where Eric Crouch comments on how tired they look in a 1st quarter against the mighty Jackrabbits...

This was shocking to me when I saw/heard this. It goes back to us having 30-40 pounds on every Wyoming linemen yet still getting controled. Do you think we have a S&C issue? We don't talk about it much on this board, but I'm starting to think that some of the "lack of effort" can be fixed in the weight room.

They guys you hear about living in there (Cross/Enunwa) are performing at a level well above what a lot of us expected. But we don't hear a lot about the S&C outside of those few. Not enough emphasis?

They guys you hear about living in there (Cross/Enunwa) are performing at a level well above what a lot of us expected. But we don't hear a lot about the S&C outside of those few. Not enough emphasis?

Ameer was Lifter of the Year.

With the younger guys, I think that is natural. I remember my first games at certain levels of athletic play. I was in shape, but the speed and excitement of the game is different. It will take it out of you. The younger guys will adjust to the speed of play and emotions of the big stage.

Now, there is no reason for Ciante to be winded ... other than running all over the field trying to makes tackles due to mistakes.

I voted very likely that Bo gets fired after this season because we have a below average defense, and I do not see any improvements in the future for our defense, unless there are some big changes and soon. The philosophies and schemes have not been working well, and the last I heard, the definition of insanity is to do something over and over again, and expecting a different result. It gets annoying to hear after some of our losses over the past couple of years, that we didn't execute well, or we didn't tackle well, or mental mistakes, etc.....I say our losses have come down to poor coaching, from calling our defense during games to teaching defensive skills to our players during practice. I'm on board with Tommie....we need some changes on our coaching staff on defense, and I yearn for the day when our D-Line pins their ears back and starts to attack again rather than contain, but neither of these scenarios are going to happen. I think we're looking at five losses for the season, and maybe six. My optimism level is running on the memory of fumes.

And I'll rebut with "I think they were just trying to save face." But, even if I am wrong about that, which is completely possible, you gotta admit it's been tough getting a true read on how Perlman and Eichorst feel about the whole thing. Sure, their press release indicated they've moved past it, but I think we all know there's often times a lot more going on behind the scenes.

Save face? If they had a big issue with it, we'd have heard about it. I can tell you exactly how Perlman and Eichorst feel about it - if the boosters are ok with it, they are as well.

This is what people don't get. Fans don't mean sh#t because they will continue to support the program no matter what. They will keep going to games, buying merchandise, etc, unless someone from the football program starts eating babies on the 50 yard line and the university supports it.

The boosters and the money they control are what matters. They're not going to "save face" by claiming to be ok with it when they're not. This happened two years ago and was addressed by TO et al when it was previously brought to their attention. Pelini has shown marked improvement in those areas over the last couple years - a fact many of the Bohaters are happy to ignore, even though they were the ones screaming the loudest for him to change.

It's a non issue and was so the instant the boosters collectively shrugged and said, "We're interested in results." End of story.

Should have done this a bit ago, but it's probably close enough to point out some differences still. When we ran this in July there were 150 responses. The percentages of those responses back then:

Very Likely - 1.33%

Somewhat Likely - 0.67%

Unsure - 2.67%

Somewhat Unlikely - 9.33%

Very Unlikely - 86%

Flash forward four games into the season and the percentages are a bit different (albeit with ten more votes in the poll at this point).

Very Likely - 6.88%

Somewhat Likely - 20.62%

Unsure - 17.5%

Somewhat Unlikely - 26.88%

Very Unlikely - 28.12%

It is all timing dependent.

Run this poll after UCLA or tOSU game last year.

Then run it after we rattled off an impressive six straight and clinched the division.

True, which is why I said I'd run it at predetermined times. Trying to take as much bias out of it as possible, with the knowledge that any in-season poll is going to be wildly affected by the most recent game or two.

We're not drawing any conclusions here, that's the main thing.

I have no idea where Eichorst stands on this. His support isn't exactly glowing. Pre-season I figured there was almost no way for Bo to be let go for just one bad season, but the tape gives Eichorst a reason, if he wants to use it. So now I'm unsure. I think Bo can clearly save his job with a conference title, or maybe even a CCG appearance. Less than that, and it's all in Eichort's hands, or Perlman's if he wants to butt in. If I had to be pushed off the fence, I'd go with unlikely, because the tape doesn't seem to have a very lasting impact.

It is all timing dependent.

Run this poll after UCLA or tOSU game last year.

Then run it after we rattled off an impressive six straight and clinched the division.

True, which is why I said I'd run it at predetermined times. Trying to take as much bias out of it as possible, with the knowledge that any in-season poll is going to be wildly affected by the most recent game or two.

We're not drawing any conclusions here, that's the main thing.

And I don't think this season has had the single game swings of previous years. Last year the UCLA game was a swing (we were pretty high after Southern Miss), then we win a few good games, then the Ohio State game was a swing, but we came back to win a few more. I'd say most of the people here are really looking at this season collectively, not just playing off the emotion of thee most recent week. It's a pretty poor body of work thus far.