Who do you like to replace Mack Brown?

Redux

Saban ...they have the money to get whomever they want...maybe Miles.

I have a bad feeling that may come to fruition. He makes a little over $5 million now. Texas could pay him $10 million if they wanted too. He wins it all at Bama again this year and you got to ask what's left for him to do there? Go to Texas, double your money, prove that you can win it all at a third school. Five years, $50 million, get a national championship or two with Texas, retire and go fishing.

Its a bye week so theres not alot to discuss. I think its safe to say Mack Browns time as head coach is coming to an end soon. I saw someone point to a replacement I hadnt considered, Pat Fitzgerald. I dont think NW could put enough on the table to keep him from taking his talents to Austin. Thoughts on who would be a better fit?

He played at NW so that may just keep him there if they pay him some more money.

Ya, both both Fitzgerald and Shaw have very strong bonds to their schools. They won't be easy to get. Speaking of "strong" I think Charlie Strong is the most likely candidate.

Saban ...they have the money to get whomever they want...maybe Miles.

I have a bad feeling that may come to fruition. He makes a little over $5 million now. Texas could pay him $10 million if they wanted too. He wins it all at Bama again this year and you got to ask what's left for him to do there? Go to Texas, double your money, prove that you can win it all at a third school. Five years, $50 million, get a national championship or two with Texas, retire and go fishing.

Saban appears to me as a guy who will never retire. Will probably die on the sideling. He has such a driven personality and appears to be such a challenge-oriented type of person. Which is why the thought of him winding up at Texas is not out of question. I laugh at the the talking heads on ESPN who say "Bama will pay to keep him" That is such bullsh#t. If it really comes down to money, there is no one- NO ONE-in the country who can compete with Texas. If it winds up being a money issue to get him to Austin, Texas will pay whatever it takes, and theres not a damn program in the country that can compete with it.

Now, my dream is for Saban to go to Texas. And this was stated on another part of the board by someone. My dream situation is Texas hires him, he goes, Texas is automatically annointed top dog in college football unanimously by Saban's presence alone. Then Saban begins to flame out, Texas only wins 9-10 games a year for 4-5 years, and then Saban decides to retire, with Texas never getting back to where they think they belong, and Nick's legacy being somewhat tarnished because he couldnt get the job done in Austin. That would just be awesome. Texas pays all that money and still dont get nothing out of it.

• Fire 1

My guess is that the Longhorns will have Sumlin at Texas A&M take over Texas University as well as keep his day job with the Aggies. He can use the Longhorns for a scout/scrimmage team against his own, real team. That way, Longhorns fans can legitimately claim a piece of the Legend of Johnny Football...

I'm somewhat surprised Miles made the list so high for Texas. I'd pretty much call Miles and Brown even as I see them as very similar to one another. If Brown isn't good enough, why replace him with someone just the same? There's a reason Miles didn't entertain an offer from Michigan. He's a good recruiter but average coach which is identical to Brown.