Illinois

Is there a perfect storm brewing that leads to Pelini's dismissal on Sunday? Two coaches fired last week after losses, Martinez hurt, susceptible Neb D, potentially potent Illinois offense and previous calls for BP's firing.

Say Illinois wins 38-10, will he be gone a week from now?

I really don't think TM will start and I don't think he will play until they think he can run and do all the things they want him to do. They have 2 very capable backups that can run this offense. TM has thrown the ball ok in the first 3 games, but has thrown nothing real deep. I want to see more vertical passing, and we saw that with TA and RK in the game.

I am just not a huge fan of the wide receiver screens we run because I don't think we run them that well and they are really not necessary. Those types of plays are designed for teams that don't have much running game. That is their running game. I think NU has plenty of running game. I can see beck really likes them though. I wouldn't run them more than 2-3 times a game, just to keep teams honest. I want to see our receivers going a little deeper than right at the LOS.

Is there a perfect storm brewing that leads to Pelini's dismissal on Sunday? Two coaches fired last week after losses, Martinez hurt, susceptible Neb D, potentially potent Illinois offense and previous calls for BP's firing.

Honestly even without TM playing I don't see my Illini holding Nebraska to 10. If a blowout happened it would have to be something like 56-28 or something which again is still pretty unlikely.

Saturday forecast:

Wunderground: Partly cloudy. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 20 to 26 mph. No chance of rain. Kickoff time: 45F @ 20 mph.

AccuWeather: Partly cloudy. High of 64F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 16 to 25 mph. Very little chance of rain (2%).

It's amazing how different these two are sometimes in their predictions.

Is there a perfect storm brewing that leads to Pelini's dismissal on Sunday?

Nope.

Might as well say that pigs will fly Saturday.

Huskers win by a couple of scores.

Saturday forecast:

Wunderground: Partly cloudy. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 20 to 26 mph. No chance of rain. Kickoff time: 45F @ 20 mph.

AccuWeather: Partly cloudy. High of 64F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 16 to 25 mph. Very little chance of rain (2%).

I mean, if a nine degree range is no problem, I think just about anyone with no equipment could guess the high within that range most days. :facepalm:

Saturday forecast:

I mean, if a nine degree range is no problem, I think just about anyone with no equipment could guess the high within that range most days. :facepalm:

I don't care about temperature even precipitation but I hate the winds. Both sources called breezy.

UPDATE as of Tuesday morning: Now AccuWeather said 57F instead of 64F and increased the winds...from breezy to windy.

Just wait a while, almost sure completely different forecast. My dad's forecast with no fancy equipment was better than modern meteorologists.

Here is my question (if it has already been posited please tell me to shut up); If Illinois jumps to an early 14-0 lead, do the Huskers give up and play dead? Mental toughness IMO is the big concern.

Why? We had absolutely no problem with mental toughness when we were down in several games last year.

Here is my question (if it has already been posited please tell me to shut up); If Illinois jumps to an early 14-0 lead, do the Huskers give up and play dead? Mental toughness IMO is the big concern.

Why? We had absolutely no problem with mental toughness when we were down in several games last year.

Because it's something cool to bitch about.

If we lose a game, the team isn't mentally tough. Simple as that.