Bye Weekend Thoughts

why would a good recruit come here if all they see on tv is us getting our ass kicked? He needs to work on on the fly adjustments in the game rather than wait for a half. that right there would solve a lot of problems even more so than recruiting.

I'll let Pelini and the staff figure out how to get recruits to come to Nebraska. Recruiting whiffs are a key reason we are where we are now......which is why our front 7 is nearly full of underclassmen. Pelini will get this defense pulled together as the season goes on. He needs to stay on top of recruiting to make sure this doesn't happen again in future years.

It's not talent, but it is coaching.

Our talent, especially on the defensive line, just picked up this past two years. We whiffed pretty bad in recruiting the two or three years prior to that.

But Carl Pelini and Marvin Sanders have us set up really well in the cheerleader department with all the recruiting they did.

why would a good recruit come here if all they see on tv is us getting our ass kicked? He needs to work on on the fly adjustments in the game rather than wait for a half. that right there would solve a lot of problems even more so than recruiting.

I'll let Pelini and the staff figure out how to get recruits to come to Nebraska. Recruiting whiffs are a key reason we are where we are now......which is why our front 7 is nearly full of underclassmen. Pelini will get this defense pulled together as the season goes on. He needs to stay on top of recruiting to make sure this doesn't happen again in future years.

All the recruiting whiffs are all on Pelini. Unless the defense gets turned around in a hurry Pelini won't be here next year.

Man that is way too positive for this crowd.

Yes he did have a bad first few years of recruiting but from the last two classes I think the future looks bright for our recruiting, we have some great talent is the last two classes. It depends on how we finish up the year. I do think that Bo will get this defense together and save the season from turning into a big disaster. I believe that if we get TA and CJax on the field along with changing up the defense we will be fine.

Yes he did have a bad first few years of recruiting but from the last two classes I think the future looks bright for our recruiting, we have some great talent is the last two classes. It depends on how we finish up the year. I do think that Bo will get this defense together and save the season from turning into a big disaster. I believe that if we get TA and CJax on the field along with changing up the defense we will be fine.

Completely agree.

Man that is way too positive for this crowd.

lol......please accept this as my written apology

Watching Wisconsin and Ohio state. Both teams are far better than us. It's not talent, but it is coaching.

For example , penalties and fumbles are an issue for us. Something the staff has been working hard on during the off season. This problem never seems to go away. Lets be honest, we have systemic problems ranging from conditioning to teaching fundamentals. Don't get me wrong. We have some good coaches. It's the leadership that is the main problem.

There are other teams that have the same problems. Looks at Texas and USC. Talent is there, but coaching sucks. Same thing here. If we can ever get a good head coach again things will turn around. Honestly, I've been pretty depressed since UCLA. I'm resigned that we need a major change.

Wisconsin didnt get its first penalty until the 4th quarter

The most glaring difference I saw was the amt of pressure and penetration the D-llines on these teams got compared to ours

Actually they got that penalty in the first half on the muffed punt by OSU where their gunner was 2 inches too far off the line of scrimmage...

I also agree....coaching. I wasn't impressed with the SEC defenses (save alabama)....I mean Georgia gives up 3rd and 23 by sitting in a deep zone...

This really concerns me. I can imagine opposing coaches taking video to a recruit and showing the DTs playing patty cake, and then asking if they think they will get to the NFL playing contain instead of making plays. It is easier to get to the NFL from a good team. A poorly ranked defense will not produce draft picks, and I am sure this is being used against us.

This really concerns me. I can imagine opposing coaches taking video to a recruit and showing the DTs playing patty cake, and then asking if they think they will get to the NFL playing contain instead of making plays. It is easier to get to the NFL from a good team. A poorly ranked defense will not produce draft picks, and I am sure this is being used against us.

Yet our last two recruiting classes seem to be pretty good.

Time will tell, but three years ago the defense wasn't that bad. it has been getting worse every year.

Time will tell, but three years ago the defense wasn't that bad. it has been getting worse every year.

If Ankrah and Randle are the best upperclassmen we have on the DL, we definitely whiffed on some recruiting three, four, and five years ago.

Ankrah was a highly touted recruit coming out of high school. His size and speed back then impressed me. I thought he was going to be a beast. I think if he had committed elsewhere and been utilized properly in a real defense, a defense that allows their DL to rush and bring pressure, Ankrah would have been a good one.

Ankrah was a highly touted recruit coming out of high school. His size and speed back then impressed me. I thought he was going to be a beast. I think if he had committed elsewhere and been utilized properly in a real defense, a defense that allows their DL to rush and bring pressure, Ankrah would have been a good one.

And how many recruits left the program? I wonder if some of them left because of the passive system Bo runs.

And how many recruits left the program? I wonder if some of them left because of the passive system Bo runs.

There are some who have left. Chase Rome comes to mind......but those who have left haven't exactly set the college football world on fire at another school. With good recruiting, someone like Ankrah would have been part of our depth, but not a starter.