Illinois game on ESPNU...

funhusker

Pretty sure this is the first time we've ever been on ESPNU.

I'm guessing it's also a rare occurrence for B1G schools.

There's a B1G game on ESPNU quite frequently. The SEC also gets at least one game on ESPNU every weekend. More people have ESPNU than BTN so this is better. And also, it's much better being on ESPNU than ESPN2 at noon because we don't have to have Beth Mowins doing play by play. :D

Pretty sure this is the first time we've ever been on ESPNU.

I'm guessing it's also a rare occurrence for B1G schools.

A demotion of sorts? Isnt ESPN U reserved for MAC schools 90% of the time?

Nope. Michigan State and Indiana have had games already this season on ESPNU. Virginia Tech was on last weekend. Also, the SEC have games every Saturday on the network. Not a demotion by any means. It I recall, ESPNU is in close to 80 million homes. Much bigger audience will be able to watch than would be able to on BTN.

I simply don't get all the butthurt about the game being on ESPNU. To me, the ESPN channels are all interchangeable, there is no difference between them.

As has already been said, ESPNU is not in HD on Dish. Really sucks to watch a game in SD. On a big screen it looks especially worse. Sorry this has to be said 3 times for you to get it.

Then get a better satellite provider or pony up for the sports package. I have read the posts, but there are things that you can control to ensure you have the games on the quality of TV that you like.

I simply don't get all the butthurt about the game being on ESPNU. To me, the ESPN channels are all interchangeable, there is no difference between them.

The more 'fringe' ESPN channels have the less impressive crews and thus a less impressive product. This includes commentators, camera men, producers, etc.

It's quibbling, sure, but there is most certainly a difference. Not that I care - I'm just glad to be able to always watch.

The more 'fringe' ESPN channels have the less impressive crews and thus a less impressive product. This includes commentators, camera men, producers, etc.

It's quibbling, sure, but there is most certainly a difference. Not that I care - I'm just glad to be able to always watch.

I can understand that, a bit. But, as the years go on, I don't really notice a difference between any of the ESPN channels, time slots, or whatever. The game is on TV, and that's always nice.