Content – Encouraged – Disappointed - Outraged

TAKODA

Content- If the offense can prove it can be productive against a conference opponent without taylor martinez. And for the defense to show some sign of inprovement. EspeciLly up the middle.

Encouraged- just to see if the defense really did impove during the bye week.

Both of these involve a win

Dissapointed- if our defense fails stopping the run and our offense craps themselves. Involving a loss at home in Memorial.

A win is required to have any hope of this season being successful. A win is required IMHO for Bo to keep his job. Being concerned, as most of us are about Illinois is not something any of us expected after 6 seasons. And again being in season six, when are we supposed to expect wins?

When are we supposed to see improvement, what is the turning point, have we gotten to the point, where we do not expect or require excellence.

I do not think it is fair to judge the season off of this game, but if we struggle with Illinois, it will indicate just how tough the season is going to be. This in a conference that is being rated the 4th to 5th best conference. Struggling with what most consider a mid pack finisher at best is not a good indication of where we are at. I know youth, but every team has roster problems, not just us.

Every game can turn into a bad game, fumbles, interceptions, dropped passes, but the key for me will be to see them play from the start to the end, with emotion. Finish plays, no Olinemen just standing around while the play is still going. The defense develop and killer attitude, taking what we want or at least every effort trying to.

A win is win to some. They're not to me. Play well, hard and to the end. Make adjustments as they are needed, not when time fits in. The O needs to step up this game, they have the experience, the time is now. Put the game out of reach, and do not let off the gas, play 4th string but keep tying to amass points, yards.

We are watching more of an NFL team than a college team it seems to me. All about the odds of this or that happening. I want reckless abandon, flying to the ball, every play could be your last, leave it on the field. We just do not see that in the NFL and we do not see at Nebraska anymore.

Progress on both sides of the ball. And a W. that's all I need. I'm not expecting miracles, but I expect this defense to look like they have learned a thing or two over the last couple weeks. Period.

Offensively, I'm on the Tommy Armstrong bandwagon so I think this offense is gonna light sh#t up! Beck can be multiple or he can simplify, either way I think Tommy can take the reins and make it look good. I'd prefer we stick to what works though. Similar to the last game we saw him.

I find myself disagreeing with a lot of things you say. I really do. But when it comes to Tommy Armstrong, I've been on the same page as you. I just have this funny thing that there's more to this Martinez injury than what's being put out there, and the the Taylor era really has come to an end. I believe 100% that those thoughts will be reaffirmed for many by 3 pm Saturday.

And to clarify, it's not that I'm hoping for this (ok, maybe a little bit of me is, but it's a very little) but it just appears Armstrong is ready. Nothing against Taylor. He has all the respect in the world from me. He's busted his ass for us and played hurt and used up his summers to work on his skill, but that also doesnt mean there is no room for honesty.

Progress on both sides of the ball. And a W. that's all I need. I'm not expecting miracles, but I expect this defense to look like they have learned a thing or two over the last couple weeks. Period.

Offensively, I'm on the Tommy Armstrong bandwagon so I think this offense is gonna light sh#t up! Beck can be multiple or he can simplify, either way I think Tommy can take the reins and make it look good. I'd prefer we stick to what works though. Similar to the last game we saw him.

I find myself disagreeing with a lot of things you say. I really do. But when it comes to Tommy Armstrong, I've been on the same page as you. I just have this funny thing that there's more to this Martinez injury than what's being put out there, and the the Taylor era really has come to an end. I believe 100% that those thoughts will be reaffirmed for many by 3 pm Saturday.

And to clarify, it's not that I'm hoping for this (ok, maybe a little bit of me is, but it's a very little) but it just appears Armstrong is ready. Nothing against Taylor. He has all the respect in the world from me. He's busted his ass for us and played hurt and used up his summers to work on his skill, but that also doesnt mean there is no room for honesty.

Intriguing!

I have heard others say this as well (More to the story) and even a few announcers have alluded to something amiss?

Although I have no idea exactly what is being implied by others, it makes me wonder if Bo has backed off his loyalty to TM because the final straw was tossed in the UCLA game? I don't know what the heck that means but it makes me wonder if there is something going on and causes speculation by undefined remarks?

Content: Win in blowout, 1 turnover or less, no silly penalties, no 3 and outs (first team). Control the line line of scrimmage on both sides of ball. Defense plays aggressively, limits Illinois to 17 or less points. Punt return efficiently- no more drives starting inside the 10. No returns against of over 25 yards. I see the progress from last week on all sides of the ball and the potential to be a good team. I know it when I see it.

Encouraged: 1 fumble or less, 2 turnovers total or less. Smooth and consistent, no back to back drives of less than 2 first downs (unless we score), D gets pretty consistent pressure, defense doesnt look confused and just getting into alignment when other team is snapping the ball, tackle well, take good angles. Progress on defense, consistency on offense and competency in special teams.

I find myself disagreeing with a lot of things you say. I really do.

You can disagree all you want, many people here do. It just means that you are wrong right along with them. I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on and I have been repeatedly proven right on many many different things.

Intriguing!

I have heard others say this as well (More to the story) and even a few announcers have alluded to something amiss?

Although I have no idea exactly what is being implied by others, it makes me wonder if Bo has backed off his loyalty to TM because the final straw was tossed in the UCLA game? I don't know what the heck that means but it makes me wonder if there is something going on and causes speculation by undefined remarks?

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if Bo and Beck got pissed with TM for not telling them about the turf toe injury. That could be why they are being strong-handed with TM and not letting him practice/play until he's 100%.

Intriguing!

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if Bo and Beck got pissed with TM for not telling them about the turf toe injury. That could be why they are being strong-handed with TM and not letting him practice/play until he's 100%.

Not sure :dunno

That has more merit than the crap I have heard bouncing around out there!

Mr. Accountability; the fire that burns inside you may light the path on which you travel.

Ha, take that Confucius! eyeswear2allthatsholy

To clarify what I said, it's not a disrespect on NU. With today's video game like production on offenses, a young Husker defense with some early season issues, along with Illinois having a team with a mobile QB that is playing his best this year, a quick RB, a power RB, and some decent receivers, playing with fun and confidence, the likelihood that they will move the ball and score 20+ points is very possible. Wow that was a mouthful haha