Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

I am also sorry to say this, but I don't see how TA is much better than TM, besides passing. Saturday is kind of hard to say TA is a bad passer, because of the wind, but they both have qualities the other doesn't. TA's speed is just unspeakable in most QB's, while TA is, just a better definition of a "dual threat QB". TA can read defenses, makes (most of the time) correct check downs, and is an absolute nightmare for defenses to prepare against. I honestly wouldn't mind see TM/TA interchanges.

I'm not even sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph. I think you may want to go back and change some TA's to TM's or something.

Lol fixed mixed up twice :(

Lay off the sauce Nick.

I'm not going to quote all that nonsense but please enhance point out to me specific plays where TA has displayed insufficient abilities as a pocket passer. I agree Husker 99 comment was bullsh#t, but I also refuse to blindly give credit to one and not give credit to another. I consider TA to be one hell of a pocket passer and also a great display of being comfortable in the pocket. Now to your point, RK is very good at this as well, but I haven't seen anything that suggest to me he is better than TA. I would go a step further and say both are probably a step above Taylor as far as pocket presence goes.

Now again, this is no knock on Taylor, but why aren't people just willing to accept that we are asking completely different things of one versus the other when running the offense. Why is it that people will claim a dominating greatness with Taylor's running ability, but won't acknowledge the fact that that is his strength? Taylor is a runner. If he wasn't he would be out there slinging the rock right now because we wouldn't ask him to f'ing run. Don't confuse your loyalties people. Taylor is a great runner. So acknowledge him that. Stop trying to claim he is f'ing all world at everything else, because he f'ing isn't!

what coment was that?

I'm not going to get involved in your nonsense at this point.

I think both sides of this argument are doing a disservice to Taylor by just refusing to admit his strengths and weaknesses. As a runner, one of the best and fastest guys we have seen on the field here at Nebraska. He runs the zone read option like a f'ing wizard and when he takes off north and south you know he's GONE! he has the stats, and he's earned them. Props to the young man for all his hard work and passion for Husker football.

It's the refusal to admit his weak points is the part that makes Taylor's supporters look stupid. The kid isn't great at everything. So what! Just f'ing say it. He didn't go to all these qb camps and coaches because he is f'ing Peyton f'ing Manning. He put in work to try to get better for a reason.

It's almost just as stupid as the people that don't want to acknowledge anything the kid has done, which is also f'ing moronic. TA is better at some things than TM. TM is better than TA at some things. Neither is a f'ing God of everything. It's this blind commitment to one or the other that has people acting stupid. I hope some of you are ready to give TA some credit, he's the future of this offense....for fux sake.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois.

it's ok you don't understand basic football concepts. No Tmart would have done worse have you not been paying attention since week1 where we almost lost.

By what fault of Taylor's did we almost lose?

Don't compare week 1 Nebraska with week 5 and 6 Nebraska. No way a fair comparison.

I'm going to venture to say I know a thing or two about football.

Don't let your anti-Martinez agenda cloud your judgement here.

Well he did throw the pick late in the game that led to Wyoming almost making a full comeback. Yes i can compare week 1 to week 5 and 6 because he is a seasoned qb. I'm not anti-Martinez just that let the best qb play. I've seen enough of Tmart to know it's the old song and dance everytime. He makes freshman mistakes still. Opposing teams know how to plan for Tmart because he is so predictable. Bo has already admitted he should've played the younger guys. What i see in TA is someone who can run the offense much better and he is better fit for what we want to run. Tmart was just a gap stop because Bo was too afraid to use another qb.

No. Just no. A lot of things that are just wrong above.

If Taylor was so predictable Chris Borland wouldn't describe him as "a nightmare to gameplan for and play against."

I think our future with TA is bright, but I in no way trust him taking snaps in The Big House. Taylor will read defenses a lot better. Sorry. It's the case.

If Taylor was so predictable Chris Borland wouldn't describe him as "a nightmare to gameplan for and play against."

I think our future with TA is bright, but I in no way trust him taking snaps in The Big House. Taylor will read defenses a lot better. Sorry. It's the case.

I also think our future with Armstrong is bright, or should be for the case, but I am not sold on him just yet. He is still making mistakes, wrong reads and until we face a caliber defense, we won't know what Armstrong is truly capable of. Next year, we will have a great QB battle with Stanton as well.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois.

it's ok you don't understand basic football concepts. No Tmart would have done worse have you not been paying attention since week1 where we almost lost.

You are crazy. Taylor is not just a little bit better runner - he is far superior. It amazes me how people forgot everything he has done, and instead believe a person on the bench who has hardly played is better. He was a Hiesman candidate his freshman year, before he got hurt -- based largely on his running ability. Yeah, he doesn't know who to run.

Moreover, this whole thread is about wishing Taylor well and what do you do? Choice to use this forum to attack him. Nuff' said.

By what fault of Taylor's did we almost lose?

Don't compare week 1 Nebraska with week 5 and 6 Nebraska. No way a fair comparison.

I'm going to venture to say I know a thing or two about football.

Don't let your anti-Martinez agenda cloud your judgement here.

Well he did throw the pick late in the game that led to Wyoming almost making a full comeback. Yes i can compare week 1 to week 5 and 6 because he is a seasoned qb. I'm not anti-Martinez just that let the best qb play. I've seen enough of Tmart to know it's the old song and dance everytime. He makes freshman mistakes still. Opposing teams know how to plan for Tmart because he is so predictable. Bo has already admitted he should've played the younger guys. What i see in TA is someone who can run the offense much better and he is better fit for what we want to run. Tmart was just a gap stop because Bo was too afraid to use another qb.

no they aren't. I didn't see Wisconsin in the CCG have a hard time locking Martinez down besides 1 long run. neither did Ohio St. Last time we were in the Big House we lost 45-17. No it's not the case you are just making a lot of assumptions based on opinions.

You are crazy. Taylor is not just a little bit better runner - he is far superior. It amazes me how people forgot everything he has done, and instead believe a person on the bench who has hardly played is better. He was a Hiesman candidate his freshman year, before he got hurt -- based largely on his running ability. Yeah, he doesn't know who to run.

Moreover, this whole thread is about wishing Taylor well and what do you do? Choice to use this forum to attack him. Nuff' said.

Taylor doesn't have the same speed since he got injured. yeah cause no one ever on this board has ever gone off topic right? do you even read this board? cause that last comment tells me no.

I'm not going to quote all that nonsense but please enhance point out to me specific plays where TA has displayed insufficient abilities as a pocket passer. I agree Husker 99 comment was bullsh#t, but I also refuse to blindly give credit to one and not give credit to another. I consider TA to be one hell of a pocket passer and also a great display of being comfortable in the pocket. Now to your point, RK is very good at this as well, but I haven't seen anything that suggest to me he is better than TA. I would go a step further and say both are probably a step above Taylor as far as pocket presence goes.

Now again, this is no knock on Taylor, but why aren't people just willing to accept that we are asking completely different things of one versus the other when running the offense. Why is it that people will claim a dominating greatness with Taylor's running ability, but won't acknowledge the fact that that is his strength? Taylor is a runner. If he wasn't he would be out there slinging the rock right now because we wouldn't ask him to f'ing run. Don't confuse your loyalties people. Taylor is a great runner. So acknowledge him that. Stop trying to claim he is f'ing all world at everything else, because he f'ing isn't!

what coment was that?

I'm not going to get involved in your nonsense at this point.

I know it's hard to admit i'm right.

Taylor doesn't have the same speed since he got injured. yeah cause no one ever on this board has ever gone off topic right? do you even read this board? cause that last comment tells me no.

I'll clarify for you, as it appears as you need it. Taylor is much, much better when healthy. Ok? Got it?

I'll clarify for you, as it appears as you need it. Taylor is much, much better when healthy. Ok? Got it?

you keep drinking the kool-aid pal.

Maybe you should just go back to just reading the board.

maybe you need to quit drinking in the afternoon.