Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

you are just making a lot of assumptions based on opinions.

Ohhhhhh mmmmyyyyyyyyyyy Gawd.

This is coming from you?????????????

Wisconsin had a hell of a time dealing with Taylor the first time around as well as the CCG. Dear Lord. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois.

it's ok you don't understand basic football concepts. No Tmart would have done worse have you not been paying attention since week1 where we almost lost.

By what fault of Taylor's did we almost lose?

Don't compare week 1 Nebraska with week 5 and 6 Nebraska. No way a fair comparison.

I'm going to venture to say I know a thing or two about football.

Don't let your anti-Martinez agenda cloud your judgement here.

Well he did throw the pick late in the game that led to Wyoming almost making a full comeback. Yes i can compare week 1 to week 5 and 6 because he is a seasoned qb. I'm not anti-Martinez just that let the best qb play. I've seen enough of Tmart to know it's the old song and dance everytime. He makes freshman mistakes still. Opposing teams know how to plan for Tmart because he is so predictable. Bo has already admitted he should've played the younger guys. What i see in TA is someone who can run the offense much better and he is better fit for what we want to run. Tmart was just a gap stop because Bo was too afraid to use another qb.

No. Just no. A lot of things that are just wrong above.

If Taylor was so predictable Chris Borland wouldn't describe him as "a nightmare to gameplan for and play against."

I think our future with TA is bright, but I in no way trust him taking snaps in The Big House. Taylor will read defenses a lot better. Sorry. It's the case.

no they aren't. I didn't see Wisconsin in the CCG have a hard time locking Martinez down besides 1 long run. neither did Ohio St. Last time we were in the Big House we lost 45-17. No it's not the case you are just making a lot of assumptions based on opinions.

CCG- Still scored 31 points

Ohio St- Still scored 38 points

Michigan 2011- Were in that game into the fourth, with a worse team than we have currently, AND Martinez was a sophomore. He hadn't fixed his motion yet. His strides as a passer occurred the next offseason

Please just stop, you're embarrassing yourself and several of your posts have refuted your previous posts. Good day sir.

Wisconsin had a hell of a time dealing with Taylor the first time around as well as the CCG. Dear Lord. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

70-31 disagrees with you.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois.

it's ok you don't understand basic football concepts. No Tmart would have done worse have you not been paying attention since week1 where we almost lost.

Don't compare week 1 Nebraska with week 5 and 6 Nebraska. No way a fair comparison.

Well he did throw the pick late in the game that led to Wyoming almost making a full comeback. Yes i can compare week 1 to week 5 and 6 because he is a seasoned qb. I'm not anti-Martinez just that let the best qb play. I've seen enough of Tmart to know it's the old song and dance everytime. He makes freshman mistakes still. Opposing teams know how to plan for Tmart because he is so predictable. Bo has already admitted he should've played the younger guys. What i see in TA is someone who can run the offense much better and he is better fit for what we want to run. Tmart was just a gap stop because Bo was too afraid to use another qb.

If Taylor was so predictable Chris Borland wouldn't describe him as "a nightmare to gameplan for and play against."

I think our future with TA is bright, but I in no way trust him taking snaps in The Big House. Taylor will read defenses a lot better. Sorry. It's the case.

no they aren't. I didn't see Wisconsin in the CCG have a hard time locking Martinez down besides 1 long run. neither did Ohio St. Last time we were in the Big House we lost 45-17. No it's not the case you are just making a lot of assumptions based on opinions.

Michigan 2011- Were in that game into the fourth, with a worse team than we have currently, AND Martinez was a sophomore. He hadn't fixed his motion yet. His strides as a passer occurred the next offseason

Please just stop, you're embarrassing yourself and several of your posts have refuted your previous posts. Good day sir.

Martinez motion still not fixed. my posts haven't been refuted only those who think they have.

I'm not going to quote all that nonsense but please enhance point out to me specific plays where TA has displayed insufficient abilities as a pocket passer. I agree Husker 99 comment was bullsh#t, but I also refuse to blindly give credit to one and not give credit to another. I consider TA to be one hell of a pocket passer and also a great display of being comfortable in the pocket. Now to your point, RK is very good at this as well, but I haven't seen anything that suggest to me he is better than TA. I would go a step further and say both are probably a step above Taylor as far as pocket presence goes.

Now again, this is no knock on Taylor, but why aren't people just willing to accept that we are asking completely different things of one versus the other when running the offense. Why is it that people will claim a dominating greatness with Taylor's running ability, but won't acknowledge the fact that that is his strength? Taylor is a runner. If he wasn't he would be out there slinging the rock right now because we wouldn't ask him to f'ing run. Don't confuse your loyalties people. Taylor is a great runner. So acknowledge him that. Stop trying to claim he is f'ing all world at everything else, because he f'ing isn't!

Where did I say TA was an insufficient pocket passer? I believe I said he's played two awful defenses and we should temper what we think he can/can't do. I'm not trying to be a prick with this, either - I'm genuinely curious where I said TA has displayed insufficient abilities.

Look, I'll outline my argument like this - TA has played two awful defenses and looked really good. TM has 30+ starts and, despite his faults, has been a great QB for Nebraska IMHO. He's had plenty of great plays and great games to support this, even though yes, he is a turnover machine.

I believe there are significant, statistical, substantiated facts that suggest a healthy Taylor Martinez is Nebraska's best option at quarterback given his experience and athletic ability. I have nothing against TA and I've really enjoyed watching him play. But, again, it appears the many of the people opining for TA to start are basing their opinions mainly off of hopes, dreams and speculation. We need to temper our expectations about what he can and can't do because of it, imho.

There are some examples of plays in each of the above games that TA would not make that Taylor would.

Like I said, we've recruited the QB spot very well and our future is bright there. I think TA has a great shot to be better than Taylor is now. But Taylor Martinez is the best option at QB.

I've just refuted your points with video evidence.

70-31 disagrees with you.

If you think Taylor was the issue in that game you are out of your mind.

• Fire 3

I'm not going to quote all that nonsense but please enhance point out to me specific plays where TA has displayed insufficient abilities as a pocket passer. I agree Husker 99 comment was bullsh#t, but I also refuse to blindly give credit to one and not give credit to another. I consider TA to be one hell of a pocket passer and also a great display of being comfortable in the pocket. Now to your point, RK is very good at this as well, but I haven't seen anything that suggest to me he is better than TA. I would go a step further and say both are probably a step above Taylor as far as pocket presence goes.

Now again, this is no knock on Taylor, but why aren't people just willing to accept that we are asking completely different things of one versus the other when running the offense. Why is it that people will claim a dominating greatness with Taylor's running ability, but won't acknowledge the fact that that is his strength? Taylor is a runner. If he wasn't he would be out there slinging the rock right now because we wouldn't ask him to f'ing run. Don't confuse your loyalties people. Taylor is a great runner. So acknowledge him that. Stop trying to claim he is f'ing all world at everything else, because he f'ing isn't!

Where did I say TA was an insufficient pocket passer? I believe I said he's played two awful defenses and we should temper what we think he can/can't do. I'm not trying to be a prick with this, either - I'm genuinely curious where I said TA has displayed insufficient abilities.

Look, I'll outline my argument like this - TA has played two awful defenses and looked really good. TM has 30+ starts and, despite his faults, has been a great QB for Nebraska IMHO. He's had plenty of great plays and great games to support this, even though yes, he is a turnover machine.

I believe there are significant, statistical, substantiated facts that suggest a healthy Taylor Martinez is Nebraska's best option at quarterback given his experience and athletic ability. I have nothing against TA and I've really enjoyed watching him play. But, again, it appears the many of the people opining for TA to start are basing their opinions mainly off of hopes, dreams and speculation. We need to temper our expectations about what he can and can't do because of it, imho.

Maybe I misunderstood your point. It's all good. You're not saying anything I can really disagree with then.

Taylor Martinez vs. Wisconsin

Game One: 11/22, 176 Yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs

Game Two: 17/29, 181 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Game Three: 17/33, 184 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

• Fire 2

Where are the rushing numbers?

Martinez motion still not fixed. my posts haven't been refuted only those who think they have.

I never said he's Peyton Manning. You have contradicted yourself. Too lazy to go back and quote everything because you clearly cannot be reasoned with. Also, besides that point, way to douche up a thread that was supposed to be wishing someone well. I know I'm not the first to say it but you deserve all the crap coming your way for it. Not classy at all. There is clearly a "Martinez vs. Armstrong" thread. Go there.

He did well if I remember right (on tablet don't feel like looking it up)...like a TD and at least 50 yards each game. That said I don't think its fair to say we had "trouble" with him in our first game. We had effective game plans in all three games.

He did well if I remember right (on tablet don't feel like looking it up)...like a TD and at least 50 yards each game. That said I don't think its fair to say we had "trouble" with him in our first game. We had effective game plans in all three games.

Game One: 20 carries for 61 yards

Game Two: 13 carries for 107 yards

Game Three: 19 carries for 140 yards

The only time that he didn't exceed his season average for total yards from scrimmage would have been in 2011. In 2012 both games he exceeded his average total yards from scrimmage and by no less than 20 yards each time. If there is a player at Nebraska I'd say Wisconsin doesn't wanna play its Taylor Martinez.

• Fire 2