Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

TM obviously has more knowledge of the offense

Not obvious, especially in the case of Ron Kellogg. He has been out on the field more than Kellogg or Armstrong, but time spent playing quarterback doesn't equate to knowledge acquired in playing the position.

People can do a job for 50 years and have no clue on how or why they are doing it a certain way, or even if they are doing it right. As an example, I recently showed an office person how to save a Word document to her My Documents folder. She has had a computer on her desk since Windows '98.

i wish tmart well but the worst thing that can happen to our offensive is him coming back. we would have to change the offense again in the middle of the season. it's hard enough to change it once.

That makes absolutely no sense. TM and TA run extremely similar offenses, the only differences really being TA runs the option better, TM obviously has more knowledge of the offense and we've been limited a bit because of TM's injury. RKIII is the only one that really changes what the offense does because of his pocket passer abilities. A healthy TA and TM run almost identical offenses.

Dislike TM all you want but be realistic about your observations. That comment is flat out wrong.

You know what i saw yesterday. I wasn't fearful that our qb would throw an interception and the tide would turn. Once we had them down they stayed down, there was no comeback or close win. No they don't run the same offense. With Tmart we try to pass more. We need to run more option. We have a good 3 back rotation we need to utilize them more. Tmart keeps making the same mistake year after year and he's a senior. he should learn from his mistakes and he doesn't. It's not that i dislike Tmart but when we have a better option and our offense runs better that's the qb that needs to play. No my comment is not flat wrong. I am being realistic. so what Tmart played the first 3 games and then late in the season you going to put him back in? that would take time for him to readjust. Meanwhile TA would have gotten in a groove and he's only going to get better. You go with the best option to win and right now that isn't Tmart.

Almost every discussion about the QB involves your dislike of TM. Jokes.

You have two games against bottom feeder defenses to support a baseless claim that TA is the best option for Nebraska to win at QB. He hasn't even played a full game yet nor played a defense worth anything, yet somehow that's enough evidence to suggest he's better than TM? That completely disregards the 30+ starts Martinez has, the dozens of great plays he has made and his overall knowledge of the offense.

Look, TA is a great player given what we've seen so far, but these claims supporting TA are based mostly on hopes and dreams and barely substantiated by anything of statistical significance. A healthy TM is significantly more likely to be successful, and there's mountains of evidence to support this over TA.

Furthermore, the reason TM has passed more this year is because of injury. A healthy TM and TA run almost identical offenses with a balance of run and pass. First game of the year we ran 74% of the time, yesterday, we ran 71% of the time. Statistically speaking, we passed more with TA/RKII.

But this all moot considering TA, again, has yet to play a full game and has played two awful defenses. I love his abilities and can't wait to see him play as our starter, but well-reasoned, substantiated evidence is in TM's favor.

I think TM is the best option still down the road. Must we forget who lead us to comebacks last year?

i wish tmart well but the worst thing that can happen to our offensive is him coming back. we would have to change the offense again in the middle of the season. it's hard enough to change it once.

That makes absolutely no sense. TM and TA run extremely similar offenses, the only differences really being TA runs the option better, TM obviously has more knowledge of the offense and we've been limited a bit because of TM's injury. RKIII is the only one that really changes what the offense does because of his pocket passer abilities. A healthy TA and TM run almost identical offenses.

Dislike TM all you want but be realistic about your observations. That comment is flat out wrong.

You know what i saw yesterday. I wasn't fearful that our qb would throw an interception and the tide would turn. Once we had them down they stayed down, there was no comeback or close win. No they don't run the same offense. With Tmart we try to pass more. We need to run more option. We have a good 3 back rotation we need to utilize them more. Tmart keeps making the same mistake year after year and he's a senior. he should learn from his mistakes and he doesn't. It's not that i dislike Tmart but when we have a better option and our offense runs better that's the qb that needs to play. No my comment is not flat wrong. I am being realistic. so what Tmart played the first 3 games and then late in the season you going to put him back in? that would take time for him to readjust. Meanwhile TA would have gotten in a groove and he's only going to get better. You go with the best option to win and right now that isn't Tmart.

Almost every discussion about the QB involves your dislike of TM. Jokes.

You have two games against bottom feeder defenses to support a baseless claim that TA is the best option for Nebraska to win at QB. He hasn't even played a full game yet nor played a defense worth anything, yet somehow that's enough evidence to suggest he's better than TM? That completely disregards the 30+ starts Martinez has, the dozens of great plays he has made and his overall knowledge of the offense.

Look, TA is a great player given what we've seen so far, but these claims supporting TA are based mostly on hopes and dreams and barely substantiated by anything of statistical significance. A healthy TM is significantly more likely to be successful, and there's mountains of evidence to support this over TA.

Furthermore, the reason TM has passed more this year is because of injury. A healthy TM and TA run almost identical offenses with a balance of run and pass. First game of the year we ran 74% of the time, yesterday, we ran 71% of the time. Statistically speaking, we passed more with TA/RKII.

But this all moot considering TA, again, has yet to play a full game and has played two awful defenses. I love his abilities and can't wait to see him play as our starter, but well-reasoned, substantiated evidence is in TM's favor.

I think TM is the best option still down the road. Must we forget who lead us to comebacks last year?

Must we forgot who put us in those situations for the comebacks. With Tmart it's a double-edged sword.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois.

it's ok you don't understand basic football concepts. No Tmart would have done worse have you not been paying attention since week1 where we almost lost.

By what fault of Taylor's did we almost lose?

Don't compare week 1 Nebraska with week 5 and 6 Nebraska. No way a fair comparison.

I'm going to venture to say I know a thing or two about football.

Don't let your anti-Martinez agenda cloud your judgement here.

TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois

Before I hold you to that comment, you've seen both of them pitch the ball on the option play, right?...

Was the option that big of a part of our offense last season???

I'm not going to quote all that nonsense but please enhance point out to me specific plays where TA has displayed insufficient abilities as a pocket passer. I agree Husker 99 comment was bullsh#t, but I also refuse to blindly give credit to one and not give credit to another. I consider TA to be one hell of a pocket passer and also a great display of being comfortable in the pocket. Now to your point, RK is very good at this as well, but I haven't seen anything that suggest to me he is better than TA. I would go a step further and say both are probably a step above Taylor as far as pocket presence goes.

Now again, this is no knock on Taylor, but why aren't people just willing to accept that we are asking completely different things of one versus the other when running the offense. Why is it that people will claim a dominating greatness with Taylor's running ability, but won't acknowledge the fact that that is his strength? Taylor is a runner. If he wasn't he would be out there slinging the rock right now because we wouldn't ask him to f'ing run. Don't confuse your loyalties people. Taylor is a great runner. So acknowledge him that. Stop trying to claim he is f'ing all world at everything else, because he f'ing isn't!

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. TA has done nothing that TM couldn't do against SDSU and Illinois.

it's ok you don't understand basic football concepts. No Tmart would have done worse have you not been paying attention since week1 where we almost lost.

By what fault of Taylor's did we almost lose?

Don't compare week 1 Nebraska with week 5 and 6 Nebraska. No way a fair comparison.

I'm going to venture to say I know a thing or two about football.

Don't let your anti-Martinez agenda cloud your judgement here.

Well he did throw the pick late in the game that led to Wyoming almost making a full comeback. Yes i can compare week 1 to week 5 and 6 because he is a seasoned qb. I'm not anti-Martinez just that let the best qb play. I've seen enough of Tmart to know it's the old song and dance everytime. He makes freshman mistakes still. Opposing teams know how to plan for Tmart because he is so predictable. Bo has already admitted he should've played the younger guys. What i see in TA is someone who can run the offense much better and he is better fit for what we want to run. Tmart was just a gap stop because Bo was too afraid to use another qb.

I'm not going to quote all that nonsense but please enhance point out to me specific plays where TA has displayed insufficient abilities as a pocket passer. I agree Husker 99 comment was bullsh#t, but I also refuse to blindly give credit to one and not give credit to another. I consider TA to be one hell of a pocket passer and also a great display of being comfortable in the pocket. Now to your point, RK is very good at this as well, but I haven't seen anything that suggest to me he is better than TA. I would go a step further and say both are probably a step above Taylor as far as pocket presence goes.

Now again, this is no knock on Taylor, but why aren't people just willing to accept that we are asking completely different things of one versus the other when running the offense. Why is it that people will claim a dominating greatness with Taylor's running ability, but won't acknowledge the fact that that is his strength? Taylor is a runner. If he wasn't he would be out there slinging the rock right now because we wouldn't ask him to f'ing run. Don't confuse your loyalties people. Taylor is a great runner. So acknowledge him that. Stop trying to claim he is f'ing all world at everything else, because he f'ing isn't!

what coment was that?

Taylor looked fine at the volleyball game last night, he was flirting with his girlfriend/lady next to him the whole time ignoring the game. Let him keep doing that and Tommy can run the offense.

He had a boot on at the game.

And with the bold, give me a break. Who the hell cares?

Enhance, your speaking to a anti-Bo, anti-Martinez poster, nothing will ever make sense of this guy, except for his dislike for the two. Not ONCE have I ever seen him say something that didn't involve the two, or discrediting them.

I am also sorry to say this, but I don't see how Armstrong is much better than Martinez, besides passing. Saturday is kind of hard to say Armstrong is a bad passer, because of the wind, but they both have qualities the other doesn't. Martinez's speed is just unspeakable in most QB's, while Armstrong is, just a better definition of a "dual threat QB". Martinez can read defenses, makes (most of the time) correct check downs, and is an absolute nightmare for defenses to prepare against. I honestly wouldn't mind see TM/TA interchanges.

The one thing that Armstrong can do more of, that Martinez can't do, is use all our our threats to their capabilities. Martinez's pocket presence has been an abuse to our receivers, as he just isn't much of a 20+ yard passer, and when he does throw it long, its normally always short.

I am comfortable with either in the game, I just would prefer Martinez, ONLY if he is 100%. If not, no point in being a risk and a danger to your team.

Taylor looked fine at the volleyball game last night, he was flirting with his girlfriend/lady next to him the whole time ignoring the game. Let him keep doing that and Tommy can run the offense.

He had a boot on at the game.

And with the bold, give me a break. Who the hell cares?

Enhance, your speaking to a anti-Bo, anti-Martinez poster, nothing will ever make sense of this guy, except for his dislike for the two. Not ONCE have I ever seen him say something that didn't involve the two, or discrediting them.

I am also sorry to say this, but I don't see how TA is much better than TM, besides passing. Saturday is kind of hard to say TA is a bad passer, because of the wind, but they both have qualities the other doesn't. TA's speed is just unspeakable in most QB's, while TA is, just a better definition of a "dual threat QB". TA can read defenses, makes (most of the time) correct check downs, and is an absolute nightmare for defenses to prepare against. I honestly wouldn't mind see TM/TA interchanges.

I'm not even sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph. I think you may want to go back and change some TA's to TM's or something.

I am also sorry to say this, but I don't see how TA is much better than TM, besides passing. Saturday is kind of hard to say TA is a bad passer, because of the wind, but they both have qualities the other doesn't. TA's speed is just unspeakable in most QB's, while TA is, just a better definition of a "dual threat QB". TA can read defenses, makes (most of the time) correct check downs, and is an absolute nightmare for defenses to prepare against. I honestly wouldn't mind see TM/TA interchanges.

I'm not even sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph. I think you may want to go back and change some TA's to TM's or something.

Lol fixed. Mixed up twice :( This is what I get for watching the Bronco/Cowboy game at the same time.

I'd like to see TMart play the last few games. He's earned it. But I do think TA will eventually be a better quarterback. Although I am surprised at how slow he looked in the little bit of the game I saw yesterday. I guess it's probably just because TMart is so fast. We've got a lot of weapons on offense, I'd prefer to have more of a natural passer back there with serviceable legs to distribute the ball to all our weapons and keep the ball in our hands and off the turf. We'll have to see what happens once we start playing better competition.