Bo and Paps

Here it is:

FYI I received a text from someone who is affiliated with the program that said, after the first quarter Bo had some interesting words for Pap. Saying "I can't believe I've been letting you call the plays for a ******* year". Then proceeded to grab his play sheet and called the plays the rest of the game while Papuchis just stood there for the rest of the game . I don't know if this is going to have any effect on our defense production, but I thought this was interesting to say the least.

He must have did it for UCLA, too.

skDLzpY.jpg

Pap signaling the plays Bo calls is a huge myth IMO. Paps doesn't have the title defensive coordinator to just signal plays.

Not a myth, at all.

From Sam McKewon at the beginning of this month ..

http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/130909016

NU spent much of Saturday night breaking in new communicators like David Santos, Josh Banderas and Corey Cooper. The relay of information from Pelini (who makes the call) to Papuchis (who signals it in) to the middle linebacker, to the safeties, and finally to the rest of the defense was a process that had to play itself out in front of a loud home crowd, which makes it harder to talk against a no-huddle offense.

The Fighting Illini through almost a season and a half have yet to beat one single B1G team.

If by a season and a half of Big Ten ball, you mean a season and one game. Yes.

No, the Illini haven't won a Big Ten game since 10-8-2011. We're talking about a team that won all of two games last year. That's why people aren't that impressed.

The Fighting Illini through almost a season and a half have yet to beat one single B1G team.

No, the Illini haven't won a Big Ten game since 10-8-2011. We're talking about a team that won all of two games last year. That's why people aren't that impressed.

They also gave Washington a pretty good game in Washington.....Washington also just went punch for punch with Stanford.

It really makes little difference who is calling the plays.

There are two things in management to remember. You are responsible for the people you have under you, doing or not doing their job. You are responsible for the end product.

No one else, no funny names or jokes. The buck stops in one place and only one place.

Not qualified to be a manager/head coach shows up quickly. Unorganized, out of control, poor hires, wrong loyalties.

Still think things were better for this game. Really have no idea what was said, or what could have been said. Not really important either way. The only good thing about this thread so far, is it has not turned into a bash Taylor Martinez thread.

They also gave Washington a pretty good game in Washington.....Washington also just went punch for punch with Stanford.

I didn't watch the Illini vs. Washington game, but a quick look at the box score shows the Huskies dominated. 615 yards to the Illini's 327. I know it's about points, but that looks like domination on paper. And that game was in Illinois.