Student section

Apathy

I went to the game and a major issue are the greeks. Most sorority girls are only there to be seen and leave as soon as they can, frat guys are usually more interested in drinking especially for a game like this. As soon as the homecoming king/queen were announced it was like a stampede of students leaving and no one really gives a crap about the homecoming king/queen except greeks...

Boy things really have changed. I was in a frat and we didn't give two sh#ts about homecoming king & queen? That is just lame.

If he is specifically talking about this game, I am sure it appeared that everyone stayed just for homecoming king/queen then left. In reality, that is right about when the sun went behind the clouds, wind came up and got colder than anyone cared to be in.

I'm guessing that had more to do with people leaving at that moment than anything happening at halftime.

Not to mention that I think this generation of students does not exactly have their hopes and dreams pinned on Husker football. These kids grew up with the Frank Solich and Callahan era... not exactly the same pedigree as the 70s, 80s and 90s where NU was consistently in the title hunt.

Thus Bo's comments about f'ing fairweather fans????

btw- I agree with the assessment, but I just couldn't resist.

As far as Bo's comments go, he was spot on a few times... however I think that in itself is a totally different conversation.

I just think that too many of us 20 somethings and under missed out on really getting to grow up with Nebraska football being so relevant nationally. Scott Frost got booed off the field for less than what most losses at home have been recently. Our expectations are different. Not necessarily cynical in nature, but consistent with the Nebraska football we've grown up with.