Student section

Apathy

We really bitching about the only people in the stadium that stand up all game, get dressed like crazy, cheer and shout on every play reguardless of the score or opponent? Talking about the fact that we get lower prices? How about you pay my $4,000 tution bill and $500 In books. f#*k we should get tickets for free. We support the school financially and otherwise that majority of fans do not. Next time maybe you should bitch at the grandma yelling at you to sit down two rows above you instead of students who didn't show up to an 11 am game when there was a massive cold front which included a 25 degree change in a day. On top of that a lackluster team recently. I've been to 5 away games and I'll tell you that memorial stadium is not near as loud or intimidating as much smaller stadiums. That's not the students fault. A sellout steak with a bunch non cheering, complaining blue hairs bragging about having 50 yard line tickets because they've been in the family is as good as gone to me. How about we nut up and stop complaining about everything that can possibly be brought up.

• Fire 5

We really bitching about the only people in the stadium that stand up all game, get dressed like crazy, cheer and shout on every play reguardless of the score or opponent? Talking about the fact that we get lower prices? How about you pay my $4,000 tution bill and $500 In books. f#*k we should get tickets for free. We support the school financially and otherwise that majority of fans do not. Next time maybe you should bitch at the grandma yelling at you to sit down two rows above you instead of students who didn't show up to an 11 am game when there was a massive cold front which included a 25 degree change in a day. On top of that a lackluster team recently. I've been to 5 away games and I'll tell you that memorial stadium is not near as loud or intimidating as much smaller stadiums. That's not the students fault. A sellout steak with a bunch non cheering, complaining blue hairs bragging about having 50 yard line tickets because they've been in the family is as good as gone to me. How about we nut up and stop complaining about everything that can possibly be brought up.

Uh oh. I can see the reaction now.

You really want to bring tuition into it?? Tuition is for your education not your privelege to buy tix to husker games. Tuition had best be an investment in your future otherwise you are way overpaying and should not have went to college.

• Fire 1

Only $4,000 tuition? Damn, I should have stayed at UNL all four years.

I love these students vs. every other fan debates we have every single year. Just admit the majority of students would rather go to the bars or house parties to drink and watch the game. Its fine, I left the Idaho St. game early to go downtown last season. Lets not sit here and act like the majority of students had really important things to do at 11 am and that's the reason they didn't go to the game.

At least they would be full. It's an eyesore to have that huge empty space at the top of South stadium.

If they weren't jammed 90 rows up in the farthest corner of the stadium I bet more students would be inclined to actually go to games.

Exactly the problem:

Entitlement.

Just stop.

1380845_446282908821911_152947457_n.jpg

Hey, I can see myself sitting up in that sections with my 2 brothers, son, daughter, nephew, and daughter's boyfriend. :rolleyes: Somebody needs to relax and not get so worked up about this. This type of thing has been happening for ever.

I would assume A LOT of fans have to make donations for their season tickets? Isn't that supporting the university financially?

I would assume A LOT of fans have to make donations for their season tickets? Isn't that supporting the university financially?

Yup. It is the one sentence that just ruins the rest of the argument, which was otherwise pretty solid.

I have been to every home game for quite a few years. This was not a "students packing down into lower rows" issue. There were 5-10 rows across all 3 sections that were empty from the beginning and got worse later into the game. I saw it live, and it was the worst I believe I've ever seen in it in the many years I've been going to games. I sit in the North endzone and have pretty good view.

The one thing that bothers me is I would think the students would want to support their peers playing the game and I would think their peers playing the game would want them to show up in force.

I'm in favor of putting the student section right behind the visitors' bench. I don't like hiding them in a corner, especially when that's done so that the university can squeeze more money out of a few more season ticket holders. So I'd like to see them be given better seats and asked to play more of a role in gameday. I think that's the first step toward getting them more involved and that it would increase the volume in the stadium. The last time I attended a game, the atmosphere resembled a canasta game at 10 a.m. on a Wednesday morning at the local Old Country Buffet.