Student section

Apathy

I would have LOVED it if they weren't in the stadium b/c they were out front of it picketing and boycotting 11am kicks. This is getting ridiculous!! If the B1G wants to be relevant then get more of your games in the afternoon and primetime. I'm getting really tired of these early games. It kills recruiting and makes it hard on fans not living within an hour of Lincoln.

The UCLA game contradicts the point I'm about to make, but until Nebraska stirs nationally relevant story lines, they're going to get crap TV slots, channels and play 11 a.m. games. They really don't have anyone to blame but themselves.

The game was also against ILLINOIS!!! They are a team who hasn't won a conference game since 2011. Do we expect these games to be the primetime game on ABC?

The SEC doesnt seem to have a hard time getting a sh#t game in primetime. This has much to do with the "This is how we(B1G) have always done it. Delaney and the conference has to push harder for better spots. sh#t, they have their own channel. There wasnt a late game on it last night.

This may indicate a problem that goes outside the stadium younger kids have no memory of the great husker heritage so perhaps this filters into recruiting and our national image. On one of the radio shows Friday they were a few hours in trying to give away three sets of tickets, it had to be a military person and they had to drive to the place and get the tickets but it still surprised me.

been discussed already. Not that big a deal. For one, they crowd closer and tighter together to the lower rows. Only so many student seats, so when they do that, obviously higher rows get left open. And I'm sure some dont make it anyway. There were quite a bit of empty seats up that high for the Michigan game last year too.

I was sitting above the student section in the new club seating and believe me, THEY WERE NOT CROWDED CLOSER AND TIGHTER IN THE LOWER ROWS!!!!!!! PATHETIC SHOWING< NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

You know, if I were a current student at UNL I probably wouldn't really bother going. I'd hang out with my friends wherever they wanted to do it, maybe catch the game on TV, and so on...

But I can get what Matt Davison is saying when he reacted very angrily and said, "That's just not how we do things here [in Nebraska]". The older generation surely feels a degree of Husker tradition hasn't been successfully passed down.

You know, if I were a current student at UNL I probably wouldn't really bother going. I'd hang out with my friends wherever they wanted to do it, maybe catch the game on TV, and so on...

But I can get what Matt Davison is saying when he reacted very angrily and said, "That's just not how we do things here [in Nebraska]". The older generation surely feels a degree of Husker tradition hasn't been successfully passed down.

I invite Matt Davison to go watch games at other universities then. Michigan didn't fill their stadium yesterday. That must not be how they do it at Michigan.

This is nothing new and it isn't only students I'm sure. Back when I was in college I remember games like Baylor being fairly vacant and lots of people would leave early all the time but especially at morning gAmes. I've never thought it was something I agreed with, and could hardly understand it myself, but to assume it's just "kids these days" I think is a bit short sighted

Well is how "we" do things to bitch at every little damn thing that goes wrong even when were winning handily and performing well over all? Had the opportunity to upgrade from a student ticket to club seats yesterday and my god I have never heard more bitching in my life. These coaches and players can't do a damn thing right in these people eyes. Take a timeout on D to straighten things up and slow down a drive that's gaining momentum? "We take more timeouts on D than any other team, what is Bo doing!" Have a good play called on offense in the endzone executed well only to have a missed catch? "(sarcastic) Good call Beck!" Affalava blows one coverage and still makes a tackle for a "minimal gain"? "Get him outta here!" Those are just the dumbest ones I can remember, and the Martinez hate is just ridiculous. Not that students don't bitch, but they're usually drunk or one of their friends has the common courtesy to tell them to shut up because they're an idiot.

This isn't directed at you zoogies, just something that got under my skin yesterday.

Yeah, I don't know :D I've never been to a game in the stadium and I think if I lived in Nebraska I'd probably still prefer to watch games in a quieter, more sane setting on the TV screen. So I'm certainly not going to direct any blame at the student body or the fans in general.

Not to turn this in a Bo-bashing direction, but I do feel if our head coach embraced the fans warmly, he would be able to heal some of the fractures and cray in the fanbase. Well, some of the fractures anyway. But I suppose it will really take about a 13 win season.

Nice one in the OOC thread by the way. And I would :P

It goes both ways. For students to get excited about the team again, the team needs to put a better product on the field and win something of significance.

But as of right now, the students at UNL taking those seats for granted and just not showing up is a joke. They either need to show up and fill those seats to the top row, or their seats should be cut by a thousand. I'm in the camp that thinks that the empty seats is embarrassing. It should not happen.

• Fire 2

It goes both ways. For students to get excited about the team again, the team needs to put a better product on the field and win something of significance.

But as of right now, the students at UNL taking those seats for granted and just not showing up is a joke. They either need to show up and fill those seats to the top row, or their seats should be cut by a thousand. I'm in the camp that thinks that the empty seats is embarrassing. It should not happen.

If you sell those seats to people who don't make noise or get the stadium rocking, then they are just as good empty. Money isn't everything. I honestly think the 11am start had the most to do with it. Games really shouldn't start until 1pm in the Midwest.

Going to games is great. I do think our crowd could be louder. My only gripe would be that they pack you in like sardines in a can. I just always make sure I spend the extra money and buy the cushioned seats for the stadium bench. It makes sure you get the space you are allotted. I've seen some poor people jammed in with 350 pound man titted fat bastards and that would just ruin the whole experience.

Overall though, I'd still rather be there than watching on tv. I love getting together and watching games on tv, but there's just a magic feeling to that atmosphere.

I wish that right around kickoff, all people trying to scalp tickets and unused student tickets were lopped together at a ticket office and anyone who just wanted to go to the game cheap could get those tickets. It's frustrating when ticket prices have got so high and you do go down looking for discount scalps, and then turn around to see so many empty seats.