Impressive Day Offensively

Looking back at our drives from yesterday I think every time TA was in the game we scored except for when we went for it on 4th and goal. Pretty impressive to me.

I think TA was in there when Cross had that safety. Honestly though, after that safety, I was glad to see we didn't go into meltdown mode. Usually after something like that happens, the team quits. Something was different about the entire attitude and effort throughout the whole team yesterday. I liked it.

Looking back at our drives from yesterday I think every time TA was in the game we scored except for when we went for it on 4th and goal. Pretty impressive to me.

I think TA was in there when Cross had that safety. Honestly though, after that safety, I was glad to see we didn't go into meltdown mode. Usually after something like that happens, the team quits. Something was different about the entire attitude and effort throughout the whole team yesterday. I liked it.

I was thinking oh no here we go again Illinois is gonna score and the game will snowball from there. I agree I was very impressed with the attitude of the team. We were focused on winning but loved how it seemed like we were having fun. On the kick off unit our players were dancing around and noticed Ankrah would dance around before getting into his stance. I think our players are starting to play with swagger and having fun which will only make our team better.

Beck is calling the game for his QB. An inexperienced RSF, who is getting his feet wet. Play calling to allow him to distribute the ball to the play makers and let them make the plays. Design runs for him as well. When (if) Martinez is 100%, I would scale the play book back again. Really look at what works, run the crap out of them in practice ie 5 plays 20 times, not 20 plays 5 times. Give Martinez designed runs instead of the zone read (which looks like we do not run it as much), spread the ball and make the D beat us, not beat ourselves. We have enough playmakers and depth that if they stack the box, eat them alive with the passes and play action. Would still love to see some misdirection. Our speed on O would kill the D which comes in with its ears pinned back.

TA does look very poised and polished IMO. I know the announcers mentioned the high passes were from not setting his feet, alluded to his previous knee surgery as a possible reason. Some other issues might arise as chemistry and timing is off a little. I am sure he and RKIII split reps in practice as the staff is getting them both ready. If Martinez was not coming back for and indefinite time, I imagine that TA would look even better as he gets "use" to his guys tendencies, speed etc... He is doing a great job, IMO

I was thinking oh no here we go again Illinois is gonna score and the game will snowball from there. I agree I was very impressed with the attitude of the team. We were focused on winning but loved how it seemed like we were having fun. On the kick off unit our players were dancing around and noticed Ankrah would dance around before getting into his stance. I think our players are starting to play with swagger and having fun which will only make our team better.

Mentioned the bold as well. First time I have ever seen this. Also liked Martinez talking to TA prior to KO and some of the hand slapping going on between the guys (camaraderie)

Remember the type of teams Illinois has played before.

Or that it was their 15th straight Big 10 loss.

Last I checked, Illinois played a stronger non-con schedule than we did and almost beat Washington at a neutral site. The same Washington that had a Top 10 Stanford team on the ropes last night.

We had great play from our offensive line. Only bad thing I saw was the chop block(s) but even that looked impressive. Those linemen finally hit their stride with this game. Very few mistakes.

Great blocking downfield by our receivers as well. Enunwa is an offensive lineman trapped in a wide receiver's body.

Mentioned the bold as well. First time I have ever seen this. Also liked Martinez talking to TA prior to KO and some of the hand slapping going on between the guys (camaraderie)

I think at first they were dancing and jumping because it was cold but I thought it caught on towards the end of the game and they were doing it for fun. Ill be interested to see if they do this next week. I think if our team plays more loose we will play better as a team, as a team we have too much pressure to win and makes us play tentatively. This game was definitely a team win.

I'll be surprised if Illinois is better than a .500 team this year.

Yea, I said they would win their share of games this year but then I saw their schedule. Damn they got dealt a brutal gauntlet this year.

Still before the game the same people that are saying we might lose, are now discrediting the win because Illinois sucks? Whatever folks.