Unsung Heroes

I think these two positions deserve a mention.

1. Special teams coverage. The Illinois guy was leading nation in return average....they shut him down. And everyone else so far this year. Much better than in the past.

2. Oline pass protection. We are tied for 2nd in nation in sacks (2 I believe). We bashed these guys a lot for this is past. Their hard work in off-season paying off.

1. Special teams coverage. The Illinois guy was leading nation in return average....they shut him down. And everyone else so far this year. Much better than in the past.

2. Oline pass protection. We are tied for 2nd in nation in sacks (2 I believe). We bashed these guys a lot for this is past. Their hard work in off-season paying off.

Can we contribute this to a position switch of a coach with a mustache? :D

Not only great kick coverage but great kicker (kicking off, anyway :o ). Pretty well out of the end zone all year unless kicking into the wind and even then he's pretty good.

I won't get into coaching speculation but I think a major contributor was the switch to two groups getting reps in practice at the beginning of last year. Lots more reps to go around has to help get people ready. We'll see if it hold up in November.

I won't get into coaching speculation but I think a major contributor was the switch to two groups getting reps in practice at the beginning of last year. Lots more reps to go around has to help get people ready. We'll see if it hold up in November.

We are playing some good numbers consistently. 3Tackles, 3Guards and 2Centers on the regular.

We are playing some good numbers consistently. 3Tackles, 3Guards and 2Centers on the regular.

Need to. Going to be a lot of new faces on the OL next season. Its really unfortunate about Alex Lewis. Kid could help us next year. Hope sh#t works itself out. But I suppose he made his choice. Not at all above second chances and it doesn't appear Bo is either.

Need to. Going to be a lot of new faces on the OL next season. Its really unfortunate about Alex Lewis. Kid could help us next year. Hope sh#t works itself out. But I suppose he made his choice. Not at all above second chances and it doesn't appear Bo is either.

We'll be fine I think. OT will be a question but hearing good things about Sterup and Finnin was the real deal, have high hopes for Knevel too. Cotton/Moudy/Price at Guard, Pelini/Kondolo at Center. Not sure where Reeves and Thurston ended up, but they are potential contributors though.

Reeves and Thurston will both be given a shot at center, however I think Pelini wins that spot and They both play guard. I need to see Flinn get a ton more game reps before I feel comfortable. Really hope Matt gets another year of eligibility back as he should. Sterup is probably our most athletic OT and that's due to his basketball background.

There is talent there no question. But very limited experience. I really hope we can get a lot of guys in the next few games. I don't want the OL to be like the DL this year; young, talented, but inexperienced.