CBS Sports has us in the Rose Bowl

ADS

Actually, they have us losing to Michigan. Michigan loses to tOSU for final game and gets rematch in the Championship and loses there. Since bowls rarely pick losing teams in championship, they think Nebraska gets the pick with 2 losses (same as what Michigan would have).

You have to watch the video on the top right in order to hear why they pick what they do.

Missed that part. Thanks.

NU wants no part of either Stanford or Oregon... those would both be really, really ugly

Same thing everyone said about Georgia last year. I'm not saying we would win, but I garuantee it would be a good game.

Georgia wanted no part of that matchup, they were sleep walking the first 3 quarters. The matchup I want to see is Nebraska vs. A&M ..........lets see what a defensive guru has for Johnny Football

I don't understand the sleep walking argument. This is D1 football, not hs.

Yep you would think it was more on a HS level but I remember Nebraska beating Washington then turning around and losing to Washington in a bowl and was told by the tradition coalition it was because Nebraska didn't want that matchup. Sort of like Wisconsin last year, beat them early and then came CCG which appeared one of the teams didn't want to be there.

It's funny but in most sports, you play up to, or down to your competition. Georgia probably wasn't real happy being 1 play from a title game to playing in a Capital One Bowl in front of 59k

You have Louisville, Ohio State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson, Bama, Stanford and Oregon in the hunt. Big is ranked number 4 or 5 as far as conferences at this point. Louisville, should go undefeated, eh. Baylor is considered the most dynamic, even higher than Oregon now. Nothing proven of course, but Oklahoma or Baylor should have a loss. Bama looks like it will cruise through to me. Florida State/Clemson, one is going to have atleast one loss. But all finishing undefeated would be ahead of Ohio State except Louisville is my guess. Ohio State has to pray that Michigan is undefeated in conference play or Nebraska. Not much of poll boost by beating either one us at this time. Could change.

I do not see Ohio State getting in no matter how they play. Most of the talking heads have written them off as being cream of crappy barrel. I think Oregon or Stanford will be undefeated and have played a far tougher schedule. Again the same with Clemson/Florida State. Okie and Baylor who knows. Louisville is out of the picture unless everyone has one loss. Very hard for Ohio State to overcome the weak schedule against at least 3 of the those groups. Bama even with one loss will go is my guess, due to supposed strength of conference.

You have Louisville, Ohio State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson, Bama, Stanford and Oregon in the hunt. Big is ranked number 4 or 5 as far as conferences at this point. Louisville, should go undefeated, eh. Baylor is considered the most dynamic, even higher than Oregon now. Nothing proven of course, but Oklahoma or Baylor should have a loss. Bama looks like it will cruise through to me. Florida State/Clemson, one is going to have atleast one loss. But all finishing undefeated would be ahead of Ohio State except Louisville is my guess. Ohio State has to pray that Michigan is undefeated in conference play or Nebraska. Not much of poll boost by beating either one us at this time. Could change.

I do not see Ohio State getting in no matter how they play. Most of the talking heads have written them off as being cream of crappy barrel. I think Oregon or Stanford will be undefeated and have played a far tougher schedule. Again the same with Clemson/Florida State. Okie and Baylor who knows. Louisville is out of the picture unless everyone has one loss. Very hard for Ohio State to overcome the weak schedule against at least 3 of the those groups. Bama even with one loss will go is my guess, due to supposed strength of conference.

This is what I was getting at. I do not see either Baylor or OU finishing the season undefeated. The Big 12 doesn't have much of a shot at all of sending a representative to the NC game. Ohio State barely beat Northwestern who by all rights may very well finish the season unranked. They play Wisconsin and very well could lose that game, and if we beat them they'll be unranked. Regardless of who wins the SEC and if they have a loss or not, I think their champion is almost in for sure. The other spot will go to Oregon or Stanford if they finish undefeated or Florida State or Clemson if they finish undefeated. I don't see Ohio State ahead of any of those four teams if one of the four go undefeated. The best chance Ohio State has at winning the NC is by not making it to the NC game, going to the Rose Bowl, smacking Oregon/UCLA/Stanford around, and then hoping for a 2003 type split NC.

There are so many teams, still undefeated at this point, that I am hoping for BCS catastrophe this year. Like 5-6 undefeated to finish the year.

I would really enjoy the chaos, and so many teams have great schedules. It could happen.

You could have an undefeated Clemson or FSU, undefeated Oregon or Stanford, undefeated Alabama, undefeated Louisville, undefeated Ohio State, undefeated Oklahoma or Baylor. Would be awesome. 6 teams possibly. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but next year BSC 4 team playoff. So it's not going to be a lingering argument. This year would be more interesting for playoffs though.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but next year BSC 4 team playoff. So it's not going to be a lingering argument. This year would be more interesting for playoffs though.

I've always hoped for chaos to push toward a playoff so we're finally getting there (next year). It's extremely unlikely that we'll ever have more than four undefeated teams but then the argument will shift to which one loss teams deserve to get in over other one loss teams.

I've long said 8 teams is the right number. It gets all the undefeated and 99% of the time all the one loss teams in, so you're not penalized for having one bad game or a really tough schedule. There will still be arguments but I'd much rather have an argument over which team is #8 than which team is #2 (or #4 starting next year).

• Fire 1

I've long said 8 teams is the right number. It gets all the undefeated and 99% of the time all the one loss teams in, so you're not penalized for having one bad game or a really tough schedule. There will still be arguments but I'd much rather have an argument over which team is #8 than which team is #2 (or #4 starting next year).

i agree. but i would like a 16 team playoff. that way you could have AQ for winning your conference and some at-large bids. but i think it should be at least 10 teams, no more than 2 teams from a conference, and the top 2 seeds get a bye. imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but next year BSC 4 team playoff. So it's not going to be a lingering argument. This year would be more interesting for playoffs though.

I've always hoped for chaos to push toward a playoff so we're finally getting there (next year). It's extremely unlikely that we'll ever have more than four undefeated teams but then the argument will shift to which one loss teams deserve to get in over other one loss teams.

I just +1'd you. I agree completely about 8 teams. That's more entertaining because it's a real tournament playoff. Great points about penalizing teams in your examples.

i agree. but i would like a 16 team playoff. that way you could have AQ for winning your conference and some at-large bids. but i think it should be at least 10 teams, no more than 2 teams from a conference, and the top 2 seeds get a bye. imo.

Two things against 16 teams: gets really hard to work in more playoff games around finals and holidays without going too far into the spring semester plus that much more travel for teams and fans. And I still want to reward a great regular season. One main argument always given against a playoff is that it devalues the regular seaons. I don't see how having mostly zero or one loss teams in a playoff devalues the regular season. Is a team going to take a game off because they can afford a loss? Not going to happen. That being said, you should have to win basically all your games to get in.

8 teams would be conference winners as long as you finish in the Top 12 (or something to that effect) plus enough others to fill out the bracket - no more than two per conference.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my idea keeps the bowl system in place, just like the new playoff will. The eight teams will go to the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange so all the other bowls can select teams at the end of the regular season. The quarterfinal games will be hosted by the higher seed one or two weeks after the CCGs. The winners will be paired in two current BCS bowls and the losers will be paired in the others with the Bowls rotating. NCG one week later. Everyone's happy.