CBS Sports has us in the Rose Bowl

ADS

2013: 16 teams in the Top-25 undefeated after Week 7 (14 BCS).

2012: 14 teams in the Top-25 undefeated after Week 7 (13 BCS). End of the season = ONE undefeated BCS team.

2011: 13 teams in the Top-25 undefeated after Week 7 (12 BCS). End of the season = ONE undefeated BCS team.

2010: 13 teams in the Top-25 undefeated after Week 7 (10 BCS). End of the season = TWO undefeated BCS teams.

Chaos is going to happen, it always does. If tOSU takes care of business, odds are they will be in the MNC.

• Fire 2

NU wants no part of either Stanford or Oregon... those would both be really, really ugly

Same thing everyone said about Georgia last year. I'm not saying we would win, but I garuantee it would be a good game.

Georgia wanted no part of that matchup, they were sleep walking the first 3 quarters. The matchup I want to see is Nebraska vs. A&M ..........lets see what a defensive guru has for Johnny Football

So if the scenarios were flipped and Nebraska was in Georgia's situation last year would you allow the same excuse for us as you did for Georgia? Didn't think so.

Interesting side note here. I recently heard some thoughts about conference scheduling. Something about the power houses in the Big 12 normally schedule the tougher games from the middle towards end of season. That way you have several teams in the top 15 and higher when they begin playing each other. And when you lose, you essentially are moving backwards. Keep wining until you do lose, and you are in a great spot. As oppose to the Huskers for example. Lose early and you have to play it out and battle to get back into the top 25, and then hopefully move your way up. I don't know if this has any legs to it. Just interesting enough. Especially if you lose 2 games you still remain in top 25. But if you lose one early, it's a battle to make your way back to top 25, lose again and you are back out. Could also misrepresent how good a team really is and the bowl picture.

Two things against 16 teams: gets really hard to work in more playoff games around finals and holidays without going too far into the spring semester plus that much more travel for teams and fans. And I still want to reward a great regular season. One main argument always given against a playoff is that it devalues the regular seaons. I don't see how having mostly zero or one loss teams in a playoff devalues the regular season. Is a team going to take a game off because they can afford a loss? Not going to happen. That being said, you should have to win basically all your games to get in.

the regular season will still matter even with 16 teams. but, 16 might be a lot because there are not going to be 16 teams that could realistically compete with the top 5.

however, how you would schedule it is still have bowl games. have the first playoff game the first weekend of bowl season. have the bowl games during the week with the next playoff game the next saturday. do that for a month. the last game would be the championship game on the last saturday (or schedule it so it is on new year's day).

Two things against 16 teams: gets really hard to work in more playoff games around finals and holidays without going too far into the spring semester plus that much more travel for teams and fans. And I still want to reward a great regular season. One main argument always given against a playoff is that it devalues the regular seaons. I don't see how having mostly zero or one loss teams in a playoff devalues the regular season. Is a team going to take a game off because they can afford a loss? Not going to happen. That being said, you should have to win basically all your games to get in.

the regular season will still matter even with 16 teams. but, 16 might be a lot because there are not going to be 16 teams that could realistically compete with the top 5.

however, how you would schedule it is still have bowl games. have the first playoff game the first weekend of bowl season. have the bowl games during the week with the next playoff game the next saturday. do that for a month. the last game would be the championship game on the last saturday (or schedule it so it is on new year's day).

I didn't say the regular season wouldn't matter, but I'd like to keep as much emphasis on it as possible while still allowing room for one slip-up.

That schedule would work from a time-taken-up standpoint but that's a lot of traveling during a short period of time with holidays to contend with. I just think that's a little to much for that time of year.

8 would be fun. 16 Would water it down a bit. Im good with 4 for now. Lets see how it shakes out for a couple years. No doubt we get to 8 someday.

Which is why we were all reall upset about the UCLA loss. Getting to the BCS title gane was hard enough unless you are an SEC team. Now that we go to 4 next year it makes it that much tougher to win a National Title. Everyone was hoping we could make it this year to get one last "easy" shot at it.

That schedule would work from a time-taken-up standpoint but that's a lot of traveling during a short period of time with holidays to contend with. I just think that's a little to much for that time of year.

fcs schools manage.

No. They start their playoff before Thanksgiving, play through mid-December then take three weeks off before the Championship game in January. At least that was the schedule last year. I can't find a schedule for this year.

fcs schools manage.

No. They start their playoff before Thanksgiving, play through mid-December then take three weeks off before the Championship game in January. At least that was the schedule last year. I can't find a schedule for this year.

that is how they manage. but i will concede. although i think fbs could make a 16 team playoff work if they wanted to. i still think 10 is best (after this discussion), with top 2 teams getting byes.

If we get to 16 teams the first round should be the conference championships. Win your league, or else

if you got to 16 teams i think you would have to do away with conference championship games.

a, it is a time issue.

b, if there are at large bids, a team might be better off being second in their division and skipping the conference championship.

If we eliminate CCGs then why move towards bigger conferences? I say incorporate the games into playoff. League has two divisional champs playing for a spot in 2nd round. If another team is worthy even though they lost title game there can be an at large spot or two plus at least one spot for one of the most deserving conf champ of a smaller league.