\\ Purdue Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

Shame on the refs for upholding the ejection. Can that be appealed? That's probably the least dirty hit I've ever seen.

I support football's efforts to make the game safer but they have to clean up with the rules & the refs.

It can both be

A) not dirty and

B) targeting

simultaneously.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Yes it "can be" that play was NOT. He lowered his shoulder as he is supposed to do. If the receiver also lowers his helmet at that moment it is not the defenders fault. That is a bad rule and that was a bad interpretation of the rule.

Guys it's an obvious targeting call, WTF are you watching?

Sorry but SJB is gone and rightfully so

How bout you come back when you're done blowing the NCAA?

I still want to know how the ball came flying out if it was helmet to helmet

Many of us have the same question. Thus my anger at a certain poster's pretentious attitude about it.

I want to know what game you're watching.

Yes it "can be" that play was NOT. He lowered his shoulder as he is supposed to do. If the receiver also lowers his shoulder it is not the defenders fault. That is a bad rule and that was a bad interpretation of the rule.

Again, it doesn't matter. Head down and out in front, helmet to helmet contact (in this case helmet to the bottom of the facemask). It doesn't matter what the offensive player does in that case. If helmet to helmet contact is made, it's an ejection.

Edit - Meaning, as I said before, if his head is up, the ejection is reversed.

Shame on the refs for upholding the ejection. Can that be appealed? That's probably the least dirty hit I've ever seen.

I support football's efforts to make the game safer but they have to clean up with the rules & the refs.

It can both be

A) not dirty and

B) targeting

simultaneously.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Yes it "can be" that play was NOT. He lowered his shoulder as he is supposed to do. If the receiver also lowers his helmet at that moment it is not the defenders fault. That is a bad rule and that was a bad interpretation of the rule.

I agree the booth should have over turned this the offensive player put his head down in an effort to go forward, the dangerous play calls need to start to be share when the runner looks down.

Guys it's an obvious targeting call, WTF are you watching?

Sorry but SJB is gone and rightfully so

How bout you come back when you're done blowing the NCAA?

I still want to know how the ball came flying out if it was helmet to helmet

Many of us have the same question. Thus my anger at a certain poster's pretentious attitude about it.

I want to know what game you're watching.

The same one everyone else is watching. Look, I know you're struggling to find things to bash Nebraska about today, but don't throw SJB under the bus to satisfy your own sick needs.

I really don't get why they are alternating back-and-forth between Tommy and RKIII. If you have decided that Tommy is the #2, then let him play. If he is not the #2, then start RKIII. I am still underwhelmed by Tim Beck.

I wonder if it has to do with RKIII knowing the passing plays better than TA and his accuracy being better. TA seems to struggle on the passing plays (over shoots the rcvr, miscommunication, etc). With RKIII in maybe Beck feels they can move the ball better in the air

Yes it "can be" that play was NOT. He lowered his shoulder as he is supposed to do. If the receiver also lowers his shoulder it is not the defenders fault. That is a bad rule and that was a bad interpretation of the rule.

Again, it doesn't matter. Head down and out in front, helmet to helmet contact (in this case helmet to the bottom of the facemask). It doesn't matter what the offensive player does in that case. If helmet to helmet contact is made, it's an ejection.

Edit - Meaning, as I said before, if his head is up, the ejection is reversed.

It is a bad rule and a bad interpretation of the rule. The defensive player can only do so much. That is why the rule is bad...thus making my point correct. As usual.

I really don't get why they are alternating back-and-forth between Tommy and RKIII. If you have decided that Tommy is the #2, then let him play. If he is not the #2, then start RKIII. I am still underwhelmed by Tim Beck.

Agreed. Neither guy is able to get in a rhythm, and the play calling gets too predictable when RKIII is in. Just stick with Tommy.

• Fire 1