\\ Purdue Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

Thank goodness. Now that people who know little to nothing about football have agreed to ignore me, I can discuss things with some more knowledgable folks.

The idiot officials did not look at the fact that SJB led with his shoulder- not his helmet. That is what they teach them to do. If the receiver then lowers his helmet in an attempt to get an advantage, it is not the fault of the defender (who was leading with his shoulder as SJB was doing).

And for anyone...ANYONE... who thinks this is not a bad rule, they put the language of the rule on the screen and it said something to the affect that when the officials are in doubt they have to make the call. What other rule in college football tells the refs to call something they don't see. And I don't care if then, by rule, that makes the call legitimate. It is a bad interpretation, bucause a good official would use discretion and make the correct call, which is no call at all.

No but some are being pretentious "rules guys" and acting like they're better than the rest of us because they have such a "higher understanding" of rules. The rest of us are trying to watch some football and being prevented from doing that by the guys in black and white.

I don't think you have much ground to stand on with your posts about blowing the NCAA...

Go read any of tschus posts back from the time of the penalty. You can't act like you're better than everyone else like that, especially when 95% of the posters on this board saw the same thing I saw, which is not what you and tschu saw, and not expect to get some crap about it.