\\ Purdue Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

Yes it "can be" that play was NOT. He lowered his shoulder as he is supposed to do. If the receiver also lowers his shoulder it is not the defenders fault. That is a bad rule and that was a bad interpretation of the rule.

Again, it doesn't matter. Head down and out in front, helmet to helmet contact (in this case helmet to the bottom of the facemask). It doesn't matter what the offensive player does in that case. If helmet to helmet contact is made, it's an ejection.

Edit - Meaning, as I said before, if his head is up, the ejection is reversed.

This rule still SUCKS!! then what about the hit by clowney on michigans running back last year! It was flat out a great hit but you don't think his helmet came off because he hit him with his shoulder pads!

Any chance the O struggles we're seeing are the result of Beck/Bo trying to push the offensive envelope a bit this week for the third week starters TA/RKIII....opening the playbook a bit more to see what they can handle? Or are they just having a bad day. If just having a bad day, this is a good day for it.

Edit...can't see the game, just listening...

Guys it's an obvious targeting call, WTF are you watching?

Sorry but SJB is gone and rightfully so

How bout you come back when you're done blowing the NCAA?

I still want to know how the ball came flying out if it was helmet to helmet

Many of us have the same question. Thus my anger at a certain poster's pretentious attitude about it.

I want to know what game you're watching.

The game of FOOTBAL tschue....you're an excellent poster...but I have my qualms with these rules...you practice and go through pain day in and day out to get hits like that. These young men know what they are getting into when they play the game. You're pointing out the rules...I think the rules are BS....just pointing that out.

The call on SJB was bullsh#t. His head was dropped down below the shoulders and he OBVIOUSLY made an effort to not hit with his head. I was unable to watch the whole first half but it looked to me that Kellogg is having a pretty good game. As well as Armstrong, but Kellogg looks better than he has I think. Also, the D is looking good let's hope for a shutout.

Any chance the O struggles we're seeing are the result of Beck/Bo trying to push the offensive envelope a bit this week for the third week starters TA/RKIII....opening the playbook a bit more to see what they can handle? Or are they just having a bad day. If just having a bad day, this is a good day for it.

Edit...can't see the game, just listening...

it looks to me that purdue is really playing with some intensity today. it might be that they are playing better then anyone expected

Guys it's an obvious targeting call, WTF are you watching?

Sorry but SJB is gone and rightfully so

How bout you come back when you're done blowing the NCAA?

I still want to know how the ball came flying out if it was helmet to helmet

Many of us have the same question. Thus my anger at a certain poster's pretentious attitude about it.

I want to know what game you're watching.

The game of FOOTBAL tschue....you're an excellent poster...but I have my qualms with these rules...you practice and go through pain day in and day out to get hits like that. These young men know what they are getting into when they play the game. You're pointing out the rules...I think the rules are BS....just pointing that out.

There now, that's how we all get along..agree to disagree and communicate civil like......CONGRESS are you listening?

It is a bad rule and a bad interpretation of the rule. The defensive player can only do so much. That is why the rule is bad...thus making my point correct. As usual.

It's a bad rule, but it's the correct interpretation of the rule. So you're 50% right.

If you think I am only 50% right, then you are 50% incorrect. Now that you have been corrected you can move along.

It is a bad rule and a bad interpretation of the rule. The defensive player can only do so much. That is why the rule is bad...thus making my point correct. As usual.

It's a bad rule, but it's the correct interpretation of the rule. So you're 50% right.

If you think I am only 50% right, then you are 50% incorrect. Now that you have been corrected you can move along.

I will. Ignored.