Anyone anxious for Martinez to come back?

No, he has regressed this year and you are watching another team if you think otherwise. Football is a game of what are you doing for me lately and not what have you done. His best asset was running, and if it's absent, the offense loses a huge dimension.

66% passing. 9 TDs, 1 INT.

You gotta be kidding me.

• Fire 1

No, he has regressed this year and you are watching another team if you think otherwise. Football is a game of what are you doing for me lately and not what have you done. His best asset was running, and if it's absent, the offense loses a huge dimension.

Regressed in what ways? Please elaborate.

There's no way in the world Taylor has regressed this year. Maybe used his acceleration less if he had ankle/toe problems prior to being shut down but I didn't notice that either. I mean people have been claiming he's lost a step or never come back from that injury since his freshman year and he keeps ripping off 70 yard, 90 yard runs.

Knapplc fumbles also figure in

How many fumbles has Taylor lost this year? I'll give you a hint - it's less than two but more than zero.

Again, better than any other year in his career.

So let's review - better passing percentage, better TD/INT ratio, fewer fumbles and better QB rating than any time in his career.

Unless you were saying that you've fumbled this conversation, in which case I agree and I apologize for misunderstanding.

• Fire 1

I think that immediately we need to remove the long-passing game from the Tommy Armstrong playbook. Wait until he proves he can hit those targets consistently before we turn him loose again. Ohio State did it with Braxton Miller his first year.

Why didn't we see more Option with Tommy? The kid just seems to get Option football. But no, let's turn him into Joe Friggin' Montana out there. Beck's decisions leave me scratching my head. A lot.

This. Armstrong is capable of being a good passer. His HS tape shows that he has the skills. Today was a bad game throwing the ball, but most people agree that he'll get there as a passer. Now, until he does, why are we going all pass happy when TA runs the crap out of the option and when we're pounding the ball when (there were only glimpses of this unfortunately) we weren't stuck in predictable play calling? When Purdue didn't know what was coming, they were getting mauled and run over. When they knew we were going to do a toss off tackle, they shut it down. The play calling really contributed to much of the struggles on offense today. That said, we scored 40+. Not a bad day, but it really should've been a lot smoother than it was. Put Armstrong in too many spots to throw deep when high percentage passes would've been the way to go. I know he missed on a few short passes too, but they're called "high percentage" for a reason. He'll hit them more often than not. Then that can open up the field. Not making excuses for poor throws, as Beck isn't out there throwing the football, but the playcalling was suspect at times. Perhaps had this game been called differently, Armstrong would've had a better day and nobody (a bit much to hope for but at least not many) would be losing their sh#t on the board.

And how many of those has he lost and what affect did that have on the game?

Well it nearly cost us the opener with the 4th quarter turnover

No, our defense utterly collapsing and giving up 114 yards and two TDs in five total plays nearly cost us the home opener.

shouldjuststop.gif

• Fire 2

http://dataomaha.com...-slippery-slope

Turnovers exponentially hurt a team with as little margin for error as this day and age of football.

And how are we this year? Martinez has played a little over two and a half games. TA has played a lot in three games and a decent amount in a fourth. Who has more?

Your argument is lost on that basis. Tommy is a freshman, taylor has had the car keys for 4 years and has had his truckload share of turnovers during the span.

And how many of those has he lost and what affect did that have on the game?

Well it nearly cost us the opener with the 4th quarter turnover

No, our defense utterly collapsing and giving up 114 yards and two TDs in five total plays nearly cost us the home opener.

And our offensive juggernaut having 3 and outs played no hand either