Anyone anxious for Martinez to come back?

I think it's good that we tried that in a game like this. Obviously he's way overshooting receivers, but what bothers me more is my misjudgment of our receiver's ability to get the ball. You always tend to exaggerate the ability of your own guys but I think I was way off...these guys are nothing special compared to the players on any other top conference team.....certainly no Biletnikoffs out there. I think you're right that we need to run a more ball-controlled and manageable offense that fits what we can do well. Armstrong is capable of throwing over the top but I doubt you want that to be the main plan. Really the same applies no matter the quarterback.

Go home hayseed, you're drunk. He left the WR's out to dry a few times, and he did it last week too.

I want T-mart to play because I've been looking forward to his senior season and 4 years of it being 'his' team. Is that so wrong? I do think TA might be more of a natural thrower though. That doesn't mean better right now, just that with the same amount of effort and practice as Taylor has put in, he might wind up a better thrower.

I want T-mart to play because I've been looking forward to his senior season and 4 years of it being 'his' team. Is that so wrong? I do think TA might be more of a natural thrower though. That doesn't mean better right now, just that with the same amount of effort and practice as Taylor has put in, he might wind up a better thrower.

I actually agree 100%. Easily a more natural thrower, just has to get the jitters out.

I actually agree 100%. Easily a more natural thrower, just has to get the jitters out.

He's a better thrower, but not a better passer at this point. Like throwing a baseball and pitching.

To me he has looked much calmer than Green/Martinez did in their younger days and that is a promising thing. The jitters are real. I can't imagine being starting QB for DONU is a light load.

He's a better thrower, but not a better passer at this point. Like throwing a baseball and pitching.

That's what I meant when I said if he puts in the same amount of effort and practice as Taylor has. There's a lot to build on with some hard work.

Tommy throws a beautiful long ball and our offense is set up perfectly for that, especially off the playaction. Plus, on those throws, it's low risk, high reward.

On several occasions today he threw to the wrong route, he overthrew his targets significantly allowing the safety a play on the ball, he threw the ball into heavy traffic resulting in at least one major collision between WRs that could have resulted in injury. That's not low risk.

Having a pretty arc on your pass does not equate to a "beautiful long ball." Jammal Lord threw a pass that looked really nice in the air, but the run game was where he was effective.

Tommy throws a beautiful long ball and our offense is set up perfectly for that, especially off the playaction. Plus, on those throws, it's low risk, high reward.

On several occasions today he threw to the wrong route, he overthrew his targets significantly allowing the safety a play on the ball, he threw the ball into heavy traffic resulting in at least one major collision between WRs that could have resulted in injury. That's not low risk.

Having a pretty arc on your pass does not equate to a "beautiful long ball." Jammal Lord threw a pass that looked really nice in the air, but the run game was where he was effective.

I would contend that if he wasn't going to be prone to making a lot of mistakes like that as a freshman, he would be playing for Alabama or something.

What I mean by low risk is even if it's intercepted, at least it's a long punt and the field position isn't that bad. We ought to run more probably, but we do need to throw sometimes with Tommy in there and I think I'd rather save that mainly for the long throws which the runs set up. We can take the mistakes, even if they happen frequently, if we have a strong run game to fall back on and if the rewards are when the strike connects, it's a scoring drive.

Not ideal, but I also think you have to keep doing it to allow Tommy to work on it. And I think it's true that Tommy does throw pretty darn well....it's other areas like decision making and being in sync with his receivers that needs work. So overall, it's not great but it doesn't strike me as something where we need to put limits on him.

Also, wasn't the collision with Burtch on a RK3 throw?

What I mean by low risk is even if it's intercepted, at least it's a long punt and the field position isn't that bad. We ought to run more probably, but we do need to throw sometimes with Tommy in there and I think I'd rather save that mainly for the long throws which the runs set up. We can take the mistakes, even if they happen frequently, if we have a strong run game to fall back on and if the rewards are when the strike connects, it's a scoring drive.

Not ideal, but I also think you have to keep doing it to allow Tommy to work on it. And I think it's true that Tommy does throw pretty darn well....it's other areas like decision making and being in sync with his receivers that needs work. So overall, it's not great but it doesn't strike me as something where we need to put limits on him.

Also, wasn't the collision with Burtch on a RK3 throw?

Yeah, RKIII floated one out there sidearm that was a poor choice, but he made up for it many times over.