Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

. . . but 99 would never be satisfied with Bo as coach.

How do you know?
Sorry, forgot a word. It seemed he would never be happy, no matter what Bo did. Now I guess winning a MNC could change that some, but then he would just be one of those fairweather fans.

Sorry, forgot a word. It seemed he would never be happy, no matter what Bo did. Now I guess winning a MNC could change that some, but then he would just be one of those fairweather fans.

because bo is bigger than the program? and we should be rooting for bo rather than the program.

i want the program to succeed regardless of coach. if bo can help the program succeed, then great. i have my doubts that i like to discuss. i guess that should be prohibited. as should pointing out that bo has been given a fair chance to succeed and he has not shown any progression lately.

How do you know?

Well that would disprove that whole "never satisfied with Bo as coach" bit, wouldn't it?

I hope that we get the chance to find out. You? What seems to get lost in the pissing match is people actually putting their predictions out there. Do you think that Bo will get it done this year? At least a conference championship? Or should should we already be looking ahead to 2015?

i want the program to succeed regardless of coach. if bo can help the program succeed, then great. i have my doubts that i like to discuss. i guess that should be prohibited. as should pointing out that bo has been given a fair chance to succeed and he has not shown any progression lately.

Exactly. I'm a Nebraska football fan.

If Bo can get us where we want to be, fantastic. If he can't, it's time for the next guy.

I hope that we get the chance to find out. You? What seems to get lost in the pissing match is people actually putting their predictions out there. Do you think that Bo will get it done this year? At least a conference championship? Or should should we already be looking ahead to 2015?

i am starting to think the disagreement lies between people who think bo is getting it done and those who do not. i think a lot of bo supporters think he is getting it done and anything more (10+ wins, ccg's, bcs bowl appearance, etc.) would just be extra.

i am starting to think the disagreement lies between people who think bo is getting it done and those who do not. i think a lot of bo supporters think he is getting it done and anything more (10+ wins, ccg's, bcs bowl appearance, etc.) would just be extra.

That's probably correct.

Isn't that who the argument has always been between: people who think Nebraska is doing well and people who think Nebraska isn't doing well?

Isn't that who the argument has always been between: people who think Nebraska is doing well and people who think Nebraska isn't doing well?

i always thought we were on the same page of expecting more. but some thought bo could produce those results and others did not. now i think it is between those who are satisfied with the current state of affairs and those who continue to expect more (like no blowouts, competitive every game, minimal upsets against us, etc.).

• Fire 1

i always thought we were on the same page of expecting more. but some thought bo could produce those results and others did not. now i think it is between those who are satisfied with the current state of affairs and those who continue to expect more (like no blowouts, competitive every game, minimal upsets against us, etc.).

And which side do you think I'm on? I ask purely out of curiosity.

Right.

How do you know?

Well that would disprove that whole "never satisfied with Bo as coach" bit, wouldn't it?

If anyone is not satisfied after winning a MNC, then they either are not really a fan of the team, or they feel the coach is a snake and is "cheating" to win. But that is the top of the top and won't happen very often (although I hope I am wrong :) ).

My prediction? I think we lose in the CCG (but at least competitive this time around), but, if Bo is still around in 2015, I do think we will win. He has the pieces in place, they are just mostly freshmen and sophomores. A couple more years in the system and I think we could be making some championship runs.

And just so it's out there, I'm fine if you are overly critical of Bo, as I am not at all satisfied with his body of work here, but I'm just tired of all the doom and gloom, and when there is a thread about something good that happened with the team, instantly Polo, 'sker, The Dude, or whoever comes in and posts some snide or irrelevant post to instantly downplay whatever that thread was about. This is why I haven't been on here as much. It's like reading a book that is all doom and gloom and doesn't seem like it will have a happy ending. Eventually you get to the point where you say, "What's the point?" That's where I, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other posters, have gotten to.

And which side do you think I'm on? I ask purely out of curiosity.

i am not a mind reader, but i get the impression that you expect more from the team, but think bo is doing a good job. i kind of think those are mutually exclusive, at least they should be after 6 years.