Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

Exactly what has happened in this thread and every other thread in the football forum.

It really is stale. Bo Pelini could find the cure for cancer and some posters here would still be upset that he didn't find the cure to cancer and AIDS

Did Bo find those cures? Or are we pretending he did something he didn't again?

Why did you use the word again? Do you really believe that Bo hasn't done anything positive while he's been our head coach?

• Fire 1

Exactly what has happened in this thread and every other thread in the football forum.

It really is stale. Bo Pelini could find the cure for cancer and some posters here would still be upset that he didn't find the cure to cancer and AIDS

Why did you use the word again? Do you really believe that Bo hasn't done anything positive while he's been our head coach?

Yes he has. However, I think it's a little much that the last page of this thread has been pointing to a defeat of a pretty average Michigan team as some sort of progressive sign when there are many more red flags to glean from the 2013 season.

Not to mention a win like that would have been expected from every NU coach/team since Devaney.

• Fire 1

Any time you beat a blue blood at home is a big deal. Michigan is as rich or richer than our beloved Huskers on history and tradition. A very loyal fan base, most likely more money to throw at the program.

The games against Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State are what the game is about. I would love to see us play team like that every week. The poor kids most likely could not take it, but man it would be fun for the fans. Heart attacks, so what. I have had two, no big deal.

This is ludicrous and makes way too much sense!!!!!!

:

Wait, so you really are saying Michigan didn't suck?

:funnyhahah

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

The Michigan win was awesome, downplaying it is just proof of emo bitterness.

• Fire 1

Was wondering how long this was going to take to hit. A poster on rivals was on the flight with them a few weeks ago when they left Arkansas. They had a pretty good conversation and basically they are 100% to NU but they have some worry because of our fan bases negativity towards loses, and if we only win 9 games they are worried that the admin will do something stupid and fire Bo. They love Bo and his dad wants him to play for Bo. So if Bo gets fired they have a backup plan. Just being smart and i have zero problem with it. Guess they know Terry Joseph very well.

If Bo gets fired we will have bigger problems than one RB. We'll lose a lot of the class no matter. So I wouldn't read to much into it.

I think this belongs here. From Kendall Bussey Jr recruitment thread.

Gee, a highly touted recruit more worried about the fan bases pissy attitude towards its coaches win loss record than the actual record itslef. Who wouldve thunk being negative on a daily basis would ACTUALLY have an impact.

• Fire 2

I think that is the main problem with fans on this site. All and I mean all is the wins and losses. In honesty that is not what this is about, or at least to me. Sure no one wants to lose, but how you play the game is by far the most important aspect for me.

As I see it, another great feather in his cap. He has done so much for the academic side, steadfast, determined is what he has instilled in these kids in the class room. I must say I am truly amazed by his work. I have become more of a supporter of Bo because of how he develops the kids into responsible young men. Could we be better in football, would it make even happier, of course, but this is the toughest part of the job for 99% of coaches. He has it in spades.

I can deal with Bo is an Ahole, when I can throw those, the most important results back in their face.

Play the game right, win what we can, a little better side line appeal, and he can stay forever.

Don't get Bo Pelini confused with people who actually develop students in the class room. What is Bo a f'ing tutor now? The Bo Pelini known in the state of Nebraska goes like this,"A 9-4 asshat who berates the media, who berates his own fanbase, a man who cannot wait to leave Nebraska, then turns around and expects...wait...feels entitled to love from media and fans.".

I don't care how the rest of the board feels about Bo, but brothers, expect another 9-4, at best, 10-3 season, against a soft schedule. Perhaps I have set my expectations too high for Nebraska Football.

And the legend grows...

Was wondering how long this was going to take to hit. A poster on rivals was on the flight with them a few weeks ago when they left Arkansas. They had a pretty good conversation and basically they are 100% to NU but they have some worry because of our fan bases negativity towards loses, and if we only win 9 games they are worried that the admin will do something stupid and fire Bo. They love Bo and his dad wants him to play for Bo. So if Bo gets fired they have a backup plan. Just being smart and i have zero problem with it. Guess they know Terry Joseph very well.

If Bo gets fired we will have bigger problems than one RB. We'll lose a lot of the class no matter. So I wouldn't read to much into it.

Gee, a highly touted recruit more worried about the fan bases pissy attitude towards its coaches win loss record than the actual record itslef. Who wouldve thunk being negative on a daily basis would ACTUALLY have an impact.

I was thinking about sharing this story here as well. This is a good example of how a negative or restless fan base (or at least the national perception of one) can hurt many facets of a program. Heck, look at what happened at Tennessee. An unhappy fan base signs a petition to out Cuonzo Martin from his HC position, because of a slow start to the season, in the same year he takes them to the Sweet Sixteen. End result, Tennessee loses a good HC to Cal is left scrabbling to find a replacement (landing on Donnie Tyndall).

It's the off-season. We should have the ability to look back and appreciate Bo's accomplishments. Loosen the noose a little here, and just be fans.

• Fire 2

Yes he has. However, I think it's a little much that the last page of this thread has been pointing to a defeat of a pretty average Michigan team as some sort of progressive sign when there are many more red flags to glean from the 2013 season.

Not to mention a win like that would have been expected from every NU coach/team since Devaney.

What is so different about Michigan's history - other than significantly higher-rated recruiting classes - that they would not have totally expected to beat the thrid-place team in their division at home? I mean, by any Michigan coach since Schembeckler anyway?

The Michigan game was one of the greatest victories in our program's storied history, made even more remarkable by the fact that Bo Pelini is the worst coach and one of the biggest jerks ever. There's no need to hyperbolize any of that though.

• Fire 4

I don't think this situation is unique to Nebraska. It's the same at nearly all top tier, BCS caliber programs. If players are worried about fan reaction to a sub-par season, they should commit to Bowling Green or Tulane where expectations aren't high.

All players wish they could have the exposure Nebraska/Florida State/Ohio State gives you while simultaneously having to deal with the fan reaction to loss's like they do at Middle-Tennessee State. It comes with the territory.