Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

Exactly what has happened in this thread and every other thread in the football forum.

It really is stale. Bo Pelini could find the cure for cancer and some posters here would still be upset that he didn't find the cure to cancer and AIDS

Wait, so you really are saying Michigan didn't suck?

:funnyhahah

That's quite a leap you made.

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

The Michigan win was awesome, downplaying it is just proof of emo bitterness.

in the words of the great jimmy mcnulty, what the f#ck did i do?

Maybe he hates Roger.

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

Committed the hell worthy trespass of saying something realistic.

• Fire 1

Maybe he hates Roger.

Actually Roger is the Reason I have a hard time disagreeing with him alot of the time. To be fair I already used the Polo'skrd line in another thread, simply Polo'd would have sufficed here though.

Teams like Michigan, Penn State and Georgia are in a similar boat as Nebraska. Big college football legacies that can't quite get over the hump and back into relevence.

I'm always happy to beat these teams, even when they are 6-5, or missing their star quarterback, or legendary coach. By all means, enjoy these wins. Put them in the positive column.

But don't make too much of them.

Especially if we are concurrently losing to teams we should beat, and generally looking overwhelmed against Top 10 (or 20) opposition.

And wouldn't it be a little weird to title a thread "positive achievements" and not allow a bit of debate? I mean, this is the Internet.

Bo bashing may get tiresome, but I'd suspect a "Bo Negative Achievements" thread would attract a few defenders, eh?

• Fire 3

It was a good win, and I'd rather win than lose to them, obviously. But a last second win over a 7-6 team isn't a program defining victory by any means.

Or maybe it is a program defining win for Bo. In which case... :/

I believe McNulty stayed in character too long, and actually screwed a prostitute during an undercover sting.

And wouldn't it be a little weird to title a thread "positive achievements" and not allow a bit of debate? I mean, this is the Internet.

exactly. no one is debating whether or not bo has positive achievements (opposed to those pesky "negative achievements"), but does this qualify as a positive achievement? i would say a win at the big house is just that, but like many others have said, it was not like beating a top ten team on the road. it was a tossup game that we came out the victors with a performance full of grit. i was very excited after we won that game, but some of the luster wore off after i saw how both teams finished the season.

Bo bashing may get tiresome, but I'd suspect a "Bo Negative Achievements" thread would attract a few defenders, eh?

i had this same thought.

Committed the hell worthy trespass of saying something realistic.

It ain't easy being a self proclaimed martyr.

• Fire 1

Karl Marx always proclaimed himself to be a Marxist; the Communist ideology that he's often associated with was never his intention. It's an unavoidable problem when communicating ideas: you know your intentions but your intentions don't really matter. How other people interpret your idea is the only thing that matters.

I never intended to call the Michigan win the football equivalent of curing cancer. That that specific post occurred in a time discussing beating Michigan makes it an easy misinterpretation to make. So here is what I meant with that post:

There are Husker supporters who, no matter what Nebraska does, will disapprove of Bo Pelini. I guess it's fine--every single person has their detractors; not one person is adored by all. But if you want to see the forest for the trees, you can't possibly state that Bo hasn't done anything positive. Sure, things haven't been as excellent as they should have been. They certainly haven't been as God awful as some of the language here is making it out to be.

• Fire 2

It was a good win, and I'd rather win than lose to them, obviously. But a last second win over a 7-6 team isn't a program defining victory by any means.

Or maybe it is a program defining win for Bo. In which case... :/

Nobody said this or even alluded to it. Once again, something that was never said is being created into a strawman that's now being attacked, refuted, and claimed as a victory by the same characters.

There are Husker supporters who, no matter what Nebraska does, will disapprove of Bo Pelini.

Maybe . . . but I'd bet that this number/percentage is incredibly small.

I don't know any doubters who would disapprove of Bo if he started winning conference titles . . . or god forbid . . . winning even more than that.

This is the year though. Get excited everyone! Things are different! There won't be any excuses! :P