Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

I think that is the main problem with fans on this site. All and I mean all is the wins and losses. In honesty that is not what this is about, or at least to me. Sure no one wants to lose, but how you play the game is by far the most important aspect for me.

As I see it, another great feather in his cap. He has done so much for the academic side, steadfast, determined is what he has instilled in these kids in the class room. I must say I am truly amazed by his work. I have become more of a supporter of Bo because of how he develops the kids into responsible young men. Could we be better in football, would it make even happier, of course, but this is the toughest part of the job for 99% of coaches. He has it in spades.

I can deal with Bo is an Ahole, when I can throw those, the most important results back in their face.

Play the game right, win what we can, a little better side line appeal, and he can stay forever.

• Fire 1

How is stating Michigan sucked downplaying the win? Did Michigan not suck or something?

I don't see anything wrong with beating sucky teams.

Yeah, Michigan is tough to beat in the Big House. Sucky or not. A bit like NU basketball this year. We could beat anyone at home, but road games were dicey. Beat Ohio State at home one week, then lose to Penn State on the road a few days later.

Any time you beat a blue blood at home is a big deal. Michigan is as rich or richer than our beloved Huskers on history and tradition. A very loyal fan base, most likely more money to throw at the program.

The games against Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State are what the game is about. I would love to see us play team like that every week. The poor kids most likely could not take it, but man it would be fun for the fans. Heart attacks, so what. I have had two, no big deal.

• Fire 1

How is stating Michigan sucked downplaying the win? Did Michigan not suck or something?

I don't see anything wrong with beating sucky teams.

Who knew if Michigan sucked. At that point Nebraska sucked in the eyes of many. We had a freshman QB who hardly had any time to prove who or what he was all about and headed into a "Big House" where the home team hadn't been beaten in quite some time, that freshman QB made a heck of a play on a good ole' Nebraska option pitch. Nobody expected us to win that game. If you've watched Nebraska football in recent years, usually the games Nebraska isn't expected to win....they lose. This one, we made the play, and we made it in crunch time. That builds character. Not only that, but beating Michigan in thier house is always sweet, whether they suck or not. In hindsight it's easy to say they sucked, but please, I hardly remember anyone feeling really great heading into that game at the time.

This thread is about giving Bo credit where it's due. I'll acknowledge his faults, and give credit when it is due. In this case it is due.

I think that is the main problem with fans on this site. All and I mean all is the wins and losses. In honesty that is not what this is about, or at least to me. Sure no one wants to lose, but how you play the game is by far the most important aspect for me.

As I see it, another great feather in his cap. He has done so much for the academic side, steadfast, determined is what he has instilled in these kids in the class room. I must say I am truly amazed by his work. I have become more of a supporter of Bo because of how he develops the kids into responsible young men. Could we be better in football, would it make even happier, of course, but this is the toughest part of the job for 99% of coaches. He has it in spades.

I can deal with Bo is an Ahole, when I can throw those, the most important results back in their face.

Play the game right, win what we can, a little better side line appeal, and he can stay forever.

Don't get Bo Pelini confused with people who actually develop students in the class room. What is Bo a f'ing tutor now? The Bo Pelini known in the state of Nebraska goes like this,"A 9-4 asshat who berates the media, who berates his own fanbase, a man who cannot wait to leave Nebraska, then turns around and expects...wait...feels entitled to love from media and fans.".

I don't care how the rest of the board feels about Bo, but brothers, expect another 9-4, at best, 10-3 season, against a soft schedule. Perhaps I have set my expectations too high for Nebraska Football.

• Fire 1

Don't get Bo Pelini confused with people who actually develop students in the class room. What is Bo a f'ing tutor now? The Bo Pelini known in the state of Nebraska goes like this,"A 9-4 asshat who berates the media, who berates his own fanbase, a man who cannot wait to leave Nebraska, then turns around and expects...wait...feels entitled to love from media and fans.".

I don't care how the rest of the board feels about Bo, but brothers, expect another 9-4, at best, 10-3 season, against a soft schedule. Perhaps I have set my expectations too high for Nebraska Football.

Your expectations aren't too high. You view on the program is pretty rotten. But your expectations are probably fine.

Again all about wins and losses.

Never expected a MNC under Coach Osborne, never expected CC under him either. Grew to think it was normal.

I give Bo credit where it is due. He has surpassed my expectations on the academic side. I truly expected disaster, kids in trouble all the time. But nothing could be farther from the truth.

You can follow Nebraska because of its win/loss record like most do. I follow it because I love the state, the program and the people in it.

It would really be a sad day for me if all I cared about is how many wins we had or didn't have. I guess as you grow older you see things differently. I hope some of you do someday, as it makes it far more enjoyable to be a fan I think

Yes he is responsible for the academics, actually goes to classes to see if his players are attending. Runs a tight ship. Normally with that type of follow through you develop all skills, not just academic.

I have never been a huge Bo fan, most likely the his worst detractor since he has been here. But I have seen many positives that to me are far more important than his win/loss record.

College football is recruiting, no matter what some think. We are not in the elite of recruiting and have not been for quite awhile, if ever. You do not win MNC with out strong recruiting, proven over the last 14 years without question. So to expect MNC and regular CC is to say the least an entitled attitude. I hope for wins, hope to see CC teams, but I do not demand them, or expect them.

If you can give me 9 quality wins every single year, and 4 losses that we fought every second and displayed that we should be on the same field with elite teams, I will be very happy. My guess is that I will be a much happier fan of Nebraska than those that think we should win every game, every year. Some on here remind me of Bama fans that are throwing Saben under the bus because he lost two games this year. ENTITLED!!!

• Fire 4

Your expectations aren't too high. You view on the program is pretty rotten. But your expectations are probably fine.

Erm, no. A four loss season would likely mean losses to MSU, Wisconsin, a pick em of horrible between Fresno, Miami, Iowa, Northwestern and the lower tier bowl game.

So basically a loss against any team with a pulse and 4th in the B1G.

That expectation has never been good enough for any coach since Devaney.

Exactly what has happened in this thread and every other thread in the football forum.

It really is stale. Bo Pelini could find the cure for cancer and some posters here would still be upset that he didn't find the cure to cancer and AIDS

Did Bo find those cures? Or are we pretending he did something he didn't again?

• Fire 3