Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

You guys are seriously trying to hype up a victory over a 7-6 Michigan team that nearly lost to Akron at home and Connecticut on the road blew out a Top 15 team coming off a national championship game appearance and took undefeated and #3 ranked Ohio State to the wire?

Interesting what people choose to focus on.....

• Fire 1

Hell, isn't any win a positive achievement? Every win is one more in the win column and is undoubtedly preferred to one more in the loss column. Some wins mean more than others--2011 Michigan State, 2010 Missouri, 2010 Oklahoma State come to mind. But every win is, in essence, a positive achievement.

The unfortunate thing--and this is really just human nature--is that negatives hang in our head longer and are more salient than wins. We have a higher ability to remember anything with a negative connotation than we are anything with a positive connotation. Negatives are also more important in our head than positives. So it's understandable that the losses stick out more.

I think That lttle quote right there should tell ya a little something about your current fandom. Franklin has yet to even coach a fall camp but you give more benefit of the doubt to him than the guy that coaches the team you follow. Dont like what Bo has done in his first 6 years? Fine. Good thing there is a new shiny season coming up in just a few months.

Part of that benefit of the doubt is that there is doubt with PSU's new coach. We/they don't know what Franklin is capable of at PSU because we don't have . . . oh, I don't know . . . 6 or so years of results with which to base our opinion on.

There are Husker supporters who, no matter what Nebraska does, will disapprove of Bo Pelini.

Maybe . . . but I'd bet that this number/percentage is incredibly small.

I don't know any doubters who would disapprove of Bo if he started winning conference titles . . . or god forbid . . . winning even more than that.

This is the year though. Get excited everyone! Things are different! There won't be any excuses! :P

I thought there weren't any excuses anyways.

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

The Michigan win was awesome, downplaying it is just proof of emo bitterness.

It was a good win, and I'd rather win than lose to them, obviously. But a last second win over a 7-6 team isn't a program defining victory by any means.

Or maybe it is a program defining win for Bo. In which case... :/

Nobody said this or even alluded to it. Once again, something that was never said is being created into a strawman that's now being attacked, refuted, and claimed as a victory by the same characters.

It's my fault. I might have in a way led people to make those conclusions.

The Michigan win @ Michigan was a positive achievement. Was it as positive as other achievements such as winning a conference title? No, and you'll get no argument from me on that. It's not an achievement that, when you examine everything surrounding the win, is something that you would proclaim to be the #1 ACHIEVEMENT OF THE BO PELINI ERA.

But it's a positive achievement, nevertheless.

Nobody said this or even alluded to it. Once again, something that was never said is being created into a strawman that's now being attacked, refuted, and claimed as a victory by the same characters.

kind of like this:

There are Husker supporters who, no matter what Nebraska does, will disapprove of Bo Pelini. I guess it's fine--every single person has their detractors; not one person is adored by all. But if you want to see the forest for the trees, you can't possibly state that Bo hasn't done anything positive. Sure, things haven't been as excellent as they should have been. They certainly haven't been as God awful as some of the language here is making it out to be.

• Fire 2

Approximately two minutes ahead of you that:

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

The Michigan win was awesome, downplaying it is just proof of emo bitterness.

It was a good win, and I'd rather win than lose to them, obviously. But a last second win over a 7-6 team isn't a program defining victory by any means.

Or maybe it is a program defining win for Bo. In which case... :/

It's my fault. I might have in a way led people to make those conclusions.

The Michigan win @ Michigan was a positive achievement. Was it as positive as other achievements such as winning a conference title? No, and you'll get no argument from me on that. It's not an achievement that, when you examine everything surrounding the win, is something that you wouldn't proclaim to be the #1 ACHIEVEMENT OF THE BO PELINI ERA.

But it's a positive achievement, nevertheless.

kind of like this:

There are Husker supporters who, no matter what Nebraska does, will disapprove of Bo Pelini. I guess it's fine--every single person has their detractors; not one person is adored by all. But if you want to see the forest for the trees, you can't possibly state that Bo hasn't done anything positive. Sure, things haven't been as excellent as they should have been. They certainly haven't been as God awful as some of the language here is making it out to be.

But that's different!

• Fire 1

kind of like this:

But that's different!

It is! Because I said it!

kind of like this:

Actually there's a poster here who has stated his wife feels exactly that way, so.......