Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

@OWHbigred: #Huskers have had 1st or 2nd round pick in 4 of last 5 drafts after @HUSKER_SJB went to N.O. http://t.co/sUqb1rIEMw http://t.co/bd8kvNhwPZ

Adds a little extra ammo to the NFL sales pitch that the coaches use on their DB recruits. If he can turn a wide receiver with zero prior experience into a 2nd round pick at CB after just two seasons, his already strong credibility in DB development just got even stronger

Giving LSU a serious run for their money for the title of DBU

Each student-athlete receiving athletically related financial aid earns one retention point for staying in school and one eligibility point for being academically eligible. A team’s total points are divided by the points possible and then multiplied by one thousand to equal the team’s Academic Progress Rate score.

Example: A Division I Football Bowl Subdivision team awards the full complement of 85 grants-in-aid. If 80 student-athletes remain in school and academically eligible, three remain in school but are academically ineligible and two drop out academically ineligible, the team earns 163 of 170 possible points for that term. Divide 163 by 170 and multiply by 1,000 to determine that the team’s Academic Progress Rate for that term is 959.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_Progress_Rate

Alabama scored a 975 so juniors who leave for the draft must not count against it? Theirs would be a ton lower if it did.

• 6 months later...

Bo Pelini compiled a 67-27 record as Nebraska's head coach. In that time he never won fewer than 9 games. His stigmata was always losing 4 games per year. On November 30th 2014 he was terminated as head coach after posting a 9-3 regular season record.

As a coach he did good things during his time in Lincoln. As a person he had his moments of weakness but he was still a good person that always tried to help people and players.

Many highlight reel plays, comeback victories and memorable moments have happened over the last 7 seasons. Good luck on your next gig Bo, Husker Nation appreciates your service bringing us back from the Callahan years and helping us in the transition to the Big Ten.

Lock it up.

• 1 year later...

Hey! I didn't get an ice cream from mike!

What the hell?!

Does he not want me to be his friend anymore?

I'm tellin'!

You wanna talk Bo, do it here.

I started this thread in the hopes of showcasing the positives of his tenure while he was still here.

His acts of humanitarianism are pretty well documented and most are posted in here. The guy is no saint though. He had many moments of weakness where he let his anget get the best of him, yet I never took it personally. I don't even really care what he said on the tape, provate conversations like that may hold truths but don't properly portray someones true feelings either.

His charitable work and his dedication to the Hoffman family are hard to match and anyone that wants to downplay those things is just looking for a reason to tear the man down.

It was the 2014 Wisconsin game when I finally folded my hand. I felt let down. Bo was the guy hired to replace an awful blemish of a coach. 2007 was the year I became a "fanatic" as they say, I went all in on Bo when he was hired. When people would say his efforts weren't enough I gladly stood up and told them to be patient or that they were being too negative.

In the end the writing on the wall was clear. He wasn't happy here anymore, hell he wasn't very happy in 2011 but he came back from that. He didn't like his superiors and he felt the fan base had turned on him. He was burnt out here, the job he had is an unforgiving one.

Now, you want to sit there and continue this nonsense? Do it here.