Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

Gordon should never have been allowed to rush for 408 yards against Nebraska. That was a nasty combination of his talent, bad coaching and bad execution.

It's kind of how I always felt about Helu's performance against Missouri in 2010. He should never have been able to run for more than 300, and while a lot of that is due to his talent, a lot of it was also thanks to Missouri just having one hell of a bad day.

That Wisconsin game was the point I quit supporting Pelini.

The way he followed our DB around just screaming and yelling and cussing all the way to bench the kid just wanted out of there. That's NOT coaching, it's just being an a-hole.

I liked Pelini and defended him every season and always thought we were close to turning corner so many times. Pelini had many many good achievements but it was time to go.

I actually LIKE watching HCMR in front of the media, it's so refreshing.

Same here

Same here....I supported him all through his tenure here. I had argument after argument with people in real life or on this board and I recognized everything I could to give him more time.

Then.....that game happened. I lost total confidence in him being a leader. Him running around doing nothing but yelling at people instead of gathering the troops...sorry, that's not a leader. It was clear people stopped listening to his yelling.

Making the decision based on evidence that a coach should be fired is much different than a fan feeling personally embarrassed by what occurred on an athletic field and wanting revenge for said embarrassment.

The latter is just plain weird.

Not surprising it's a mentality shared by those who also felt personally "hated" by the head coach.

• Fire 2

Making the decision based on evidence that a coach should be fired is much different than a fan feeling personally embarrassed by what occurred on an athletic field and wanting revenge for said embarrassment.

The latter is just plain weird.

Not surprising it's a mentality shared by those who also felt personally "hated" by the head coach.

Coming from the guy who is constantly dogging on Riley and comparing him to Callahan. Sounds like maybe you were a little hurt by the Callahan era and still hold some sort of grudge because Frank was fired and so was Bo.
  • Fire 7

Gordon should never have been allowed to rush for 408 yards against Nebraska. That was a nasty combination of his talent, bad coaching and bad execution.

It's kind of how I always felt about Helu's performance against Missouri in 2010. He should never have been able to run for more than 300, and while a lot of that is due to his talent, a lot of it was also thanks to Missouri just having one hell of a bad day.

Yeah. That, and failure to make game time adjustments. I always thought Bo was a better coach Sunday through Friday, than on Saturday afternoons. It seemed like he became so unhinged during games that he couldn't adjust to what other teams were doing sometimes. I'm talking about defense, since the DC under Bo was just a puppet position.

Yeah. That, and failure to make game time adjustments. I always thought Bo was a better coach Sunday through Friday, than on Saturday afternoons. It seemed like he became so unhinged during games that he couldn't adjust to what other teams were doing sometimes. I'm talking about defense, since the DC under Bo was just a puppet position.

Personally, I think that's what we should have realized we were getting by hiring a first time HC who most feel had a ton of upside.

I think each year his sideline demeanor and overall control improved. I think relative to other 1st time HCs, Bo was amonth the top 10% in terms of game time coaching. For example, not one of Callahan's teams ever came back when trailing at half (90% certain on that staff). Conversely, several of Bo's did, which indicates he made adjustments and manufactured wins as well as most.

I also disagree that DC was a puppet position under BO, at least anymore than under TO, Frank, and to a lesser degree Tenopir's, position was as a puppet. Being the eye in the sky and making most of the calls as a coordinator is immensely important, even if the HC has a hands on approach to negating/altering such calls.

• Fire 2

I think each year his sideline demeanor and overall control improved.

I have seen you say this multiple times and its just not true. He was still a raving lunatic this past year at YSU and cost his team a chance for an upset against NDSU because he couldn't control himself.

• Fire 7

I have seen you say this multiple times and its just not true. He was still a raving lunatic this past year at YSU and cost his team a chance for an upset against NDSU because he couldn't control himself.

That is an inconsistent sample -- too many changed constraints/variables. It could easily be spun either way.
  • Fire 1

That is an inconsistent sample -- too many changed constraints/variables. It could easily be spun either way.

:popcorn:

Wut?

You want apples and oranges to go with that popcorn?

Wut?

You want apples and oranges to go with that popcorn?

just watching the show and waiting for an explanation about how that WASN'T an epic meltdown at YSU