Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

You can get away with that when you're Nick Saban and playing for the national title virtually every year.

Nick Saban isn't nearly the raving lunatic Bo Pelini is. Jim Harbaugh would be a better comparison.

Ehhhhh I don't know. Saban loses his marbles. A lot. He's even been flagged for unsportsmanlike on the sidelines in the past. End of this video...

And this photo.

-d8b6b4eac115b4ad.JPG

In a way, I would argue it's trying to compare things with far too varying variables. One of the most successful college coaches of all time versus a head coach that was fired and developed a reputation based off of one particularly bad loss.

Saban could completely lose his head and it probably wouldn't get a blurb, or it would be a minor mention. Pelini would somewhat lose his head and it would become a big talker. That's because people sought it out with Pelini, not the same with Saban.

I would definitely argue Saban and Pelini have had similarly adventurous blowups. Pelini may have the "worst" with the TMart situation, but even that got blown up because they lost that game. The story wouldn't have been as big of a deal had they won that A&M game. But, in my opinion, I would certainly argue Saban can be as big of a lunatic, if not worse at times, than Pelini was. Saban also treats area reporters like garbage.

Pelini's outbursts and facial expressions were very traumatizing. Not sure if we'll ever get over it without counseling.

My son is 12 years old, and he still makes me check for Bo Pelini under his bed or in his closet before he can sleep at night.

I think it's amusing when Pelini defenders think Pelini detractors took his actions personally, or were in any way shocked and traumatized by his outbursts.

Most of us just thought the guy was acting like a dick.

In all seriousness, I also have a 12 year old son. He'd been watching a lot of Nebraska games with me in 2014, and finally said: "Dad, I know how much you love Nebraska football, but I really don't like that coach."

You know why Shawn Eichorst really fired Bo Pelini?

Yes. For the children.

• Fire 5

Pelini's outbursts and facial expressions were very traumatizing. Not sure if we'll ever get over it without counseling.

My son is 12 years old, and he still makes me check for Bo Pelini under his bed or in his closet before he can sleep at night.

I think it's amusing when Pelini defenders think Pelini detractors took his actions personally, or were in any way shocked and traumatized by his outbursts.

In all seriousness, I also have a 12 year old son. He'd been watching a lot of Nebraska games with me in 2014, and finally said: "Dad, I know how much you love Nebraska football, but I really don't like that coach."

Yes. For the children.

I'm more of a hyperbole/mischaracterization debunker than a Pelini defender, but feel free to keep mischaracterizing me if that helps to amuse you. I don't think it was necessary to fire him, but I understand why some reasons were given. I don't miss his antics, and I don't think all Pelini detractors were affected personally, but some sure do act like they were. Some are so affected they become delusional. Hell, I still come across people who honestly believe contact was made when he swung his hat at the official.

I'm more of a hyperbole/mischaracterization debunker . . .

Umm . . .

• Fire 2

I'm more of a hyperbole/mischaracterization debunker . . .

Umm . . .

That was sarcasm/mocking.

There's a difference.

I think.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Is there anyone who wanted Bo to stay considering only the results in games and recruiting?

Me, not a chance. I wanted him gone, the sooner the better. Bo, Beck and JP. That trio is not even close to measuring up to the pay and expected performance of NU football.

You can get away with that when you're Nick Saban and playing for the national title virtually every year.

Nick Saban isn't nearly the raving lunatic Bo Pelini is. Jim Harbaugh would be a better comparison.

Ehhhhh I don't know. Saban loses his marbles. A lot. He's even been flagged for unsportsmanlike on the sidelines in the past. End of this video...

And this photo.

-d8b6b4eac115b4ad.JPG

There is one important difference between Bo and Saban. I specifically watched this in an Alabama game.

Saban got mad at a player and yelled at him. The yelling lasted maybe one or two sentences and then he walked away and went back to managing the game and coaching everyone else.

Bo on the other hand, once he gets worked up and mad, he stays mad and continues to yell at everyone in the vicinity. By that time, people are trying to just block him out and do their jobs. He becomes completely ineffective on the side lines other than a distraction.

I literally saw Saban get mad once, yell at a player, turn around and had a totally different attitude almost instantly with everyone else.

• Fire 3

Yes. For the children.

I find it amusing that the folks who defend Pelini and ignore his sideline antics are the same ones who criticized Callahan for "Slash Gate" and the "F'in Hillbillies" comment as unbecoming of the "Nebraska Way." :)

• Fire 2

Pelini's outbursts and facial expressions were very traumatizing. Not sure if we'll ever get over it without counseling.My son is 12 years old, and he still makes me check for Bo Pelini under his bed or in his closet before he can sleep at night.

I think it's amusing when Pelini defenders think Pelini detractors took his actions personally, or were in any way shocked and traumatized by his outbursts. Most of us just thought the guy was acting like a dick. In all seriousness, I also have a 12 year old son. He'd been watching a lot of Nebraska games with me in 2014, and finally said: "Dad, I know how much you love Nebraska football, but I really don't like that coach." You know why Shawn Eichorst really fired Bo Pelini? Yes. For the children.
I find it amusing that the folks who defend Pelini and ignore his sideline antics are the same ones who criticized Callahan for "Slash Gate" and the "F'in Hillbillies" comment as unbecoming of the "Nebraska Way." :)

That seems awkward. Who is doing that?

• Fire 1

Yes. For the children.

I'm more of a hyperbole/mischaracterization debunker than a Pelini defender, but feel free to keep mischaracterizing me if that helps to amuse you. I don't think it was necessary to fire him, but I understand why some reasons were given. I don't miss his antics, and I don't think all Pelini detractors were affected personally, but some sure do act like they were. Some are so affected they become delusional. Hell, I still come across people who honestly believe contact was made when he swung his hat at the official.

:facepalm: . Whether it did or didn't hit the ref, you're OK with a coach doing that? Ho-Lee Sheet. Throwing a tantrum as 40-something year old and swinging your hat at the ref is embarrassing af. Actually, looking back I kind of wish he would have caught the official in the face with it, could have fired that jagoff the next day instead of waiting a year.

• Fire 2