Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

For as tyrannical and abusive as Bo supposedly was, his players and coaches were quite loyal to him (look at any number of reports, for example, about the 2003 team, the LSU squad that begged him to stay on for an NC, and many since then, like Suh, David and even Martinez, who was the target some infamous ire).

Oh right, right, that was because they were all suffering from battered wives syndrome... even guys like Ron Brown who had been around the block more than a few times and had a great relationship with Bo.

Probably right up to the point where Brown's face caught a nice loogie from Pelini. No way you're coming back from that one, Brown looked like he wanted to kill him.

Also, not all players were loyal. Stafford flat out hatted him. However, the Stafford argument on the sideline was one of the more humorous events during the Pelini era.

I understand the human desire to pillory someone, but it's simply amazing how people just make sh#t up, even when the people involved have refuted such lies directly:

"People are making something out of nothing," Stafford said. "Me and Bo both, we know what's going on. We know we're good. That's all that really matters.We're one big family. Family members fight. I fight with my dad. I fight with my mom. It's nothing. I love Bo, that's why I came here."

And apparently Ron Brown recovered enough to join Bo at YSU before he went to join Gill at Liberty for more religious than professional reasons.

• Fire 2

For as tyrannical and abusive as Bo supposedly was, his players and coaches were quite loyal to him (look at any number of reports, for example, about the 2003 team, the LSU squad that begged him to stay on for an NC, and many since then, like Suh, David and even Martinez, who was the target some infamous ire).

Oh right, right, that was because they were all suffering from battered wives syndrome... even guys like Ron Brown who had been around the block more than a few times and had a great relationship with Bo.

Probably right up to the point where Brown's face caught a nice loogie from Pelini. No way you're coming back from that one, Brown looked like he wanted to kill him.

Also, not all players were loyal. Stafford flat out hatted him. However, the Stafford argument on the sideline was one of the more humorous events during the Pelini era.

So he hated him so much that he followed him to YSU? I know he left shortly after being hired but that was take a job with another close friend and at a Christian University.

Ha, wow. Just now seeing this.

Sorry about the improper grammar cm husker, truly. I feel super bad that I used the same improper terminology as the post before me and it confused you so much that you completely avoided the question.

Again, sorry.

It didn't confuse me. It amused me.

So no need to apologize.

• Fire 1

Ha, wow. Just now seeing this.

Sorry about the improper grammar cm husker, truly. I feel super bad that I used the same improper terminology as the post before me and it confused you so much that you completely avoided the question.

Again, sorry.

It didn't confuse me. It amused me.

So no need to apologize.

Any chance you can answer now?

Don't worry about the grammar fellas, while seemingly awkward " poorly mishandled" is entirely proper usage. To wit: could one ever mishandle something well?

If that's the intent, then yes.

Not to be a grammar nazi, but "poorly mishandled" is improper. It literally means 'handled well' because it is a double negative, of sorts.

The grammatically correct way to make the statement is "poorly handled." The only way "poorly mishandled" makes sense is if you are suggesting you told someone to intentionally mishandle a situation and they did a poor job of messing it up.

:cop: