Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

Pelini's outbursts and facial expressions were very traumatizing. Not sure if we'll ever get over it without counseling.

My son is 12 years old, and he still makes me check for Bo Pelini under his bed or in his closet before he can sleep at night.

I think it's amusing when Pelini defenders think Pelini detractors took his actions personally, or were in any way shocked and traumatized by his outbursts.

Most of us just thought the guy was acting like a dick.

In all seriousness, I also have a 12 year old son. He'd been watching a lot of Nebraska games with me in 2014, and finally said: "Dad, I know how much you love Nebraska football, but I really don't like that coach."

You know why Shawn Eichorst really fired Bo Pelini?

Yes. For the children.

I'm more of a hyperbole/mischaracterization debunker than a Pelini defender, but feel free to keep mischaracterizing me if that helps to amuse you. I don't think it was necessary to fire him, but I understand why some reasons were given. I don't miss his antics, and I don't think all Pelini detractors were affected personally, but some sure do act like they were. Some are so affected they become delusional. Hell, I still come across people who honestly believe contact was made when he swung his hat at the official.

:facepalm: . Whether it did or didn't hit the ref, you're OK with a coach doing that? Ho-Lee Sheet.

Wow. The delirium is contagious. I did not say I was OK with it, but yet you purport that I did. Facepalm, indeed.

Are there other things I did not say that you'd like to discuss?

• Fire 1

Pelini's outbursts and facial expressions were very traumatizing. Not sure if we'll ever get over it without counseling.

My son is 12 years old, and he still makes me check for Bo Pelini under his bed or in his closet before he can sleep at night.

I think it's amusing when Pelini defenders think Pelini detractors took his actions personally, or were in any way shocked and traumatized by his outbursts.

Most of us just thought the guy was acting like a dick.

In all seriousness, I also have a 12 year old son. He'd been watching a lot of Nebraska games with me in 2014, and finally said: "Dad, I know how much you love Nebraska football, but I really don't like that coach."

You know why Shawn Eichorst really fired Bo Pelini?

Yes. For the children.

I'm more of a hyperbole/mischaracterization debunker than a Pelini defender, but feel free to keep mischaracterizing me if that helps to amuse you. I don't think it was necessary to fire him, but I understand why some reasons were given. I don't miss his antics, and I don't think all Pelini detractors were affected personally, but some sure do act like they were. Some are so affected they become delusional. Hell, I still come across people who honestly believe contact was made when he swung his hat at the official.

:facepalm: . Whether it did or didn't hit the ref, you're OK with a coach doing that? Ho-Lee Sheet. Throwing a tantrum as 40-something year old and swinging your hat at the ref is embarrassing af. Actually, looking back I kind of wish he would have caught the official in the face with it, could have fired that jagoff the next day instead of waiting a year.

You wanted an innocent person to become injured simply for your disdain of another? Possibly permanently injured? Holy sh#t! You are one sadistic and sociopathic SOB! You need professional help! See how that works?

• Fire 1

You can get away with that when you're Nick Saban and playing for the national title virtually every year.

Nick Saban isn't nearly the raving lunatic Bo Pelini is. Jim Harbaugh would be a better comparison.

Ehhhhh I don't know. Saban loses his marbles. A lot. He's even been flagged for unsportsmanlike on the sidelines in the past. End of this video...

And this photo.

-d8b6b4eac115b4ad.JPG

There is one important difference between Bo and Saban. I specifically watched this in an Alabama game.

Saban got mad at a player and yelled at him. The yelling lasted maybe one or two sentences and then he walked away and went back to managing the game and coaching everyone else.

Bo on the other hand, once he gets worked up and mad, he stays mad and continues to yell at everyone in the vicinity. By that time, people are trying to just block him out and do their jobs. He becomes completely ineffective on the side lines other than a distraction.

I literally saw Saban get mad once, yell at a player, turn around and had a totally different attitude almost instantly with everyone else.

Great point. When Bo lost it, he completely lost it. He became so irate he was no longer coaching or maybe even aware if where he was. And it happened pretty often. It seems clear he has some serious psychological issues that impede his ability to be an effective coach. He's also far too stubborn to ever admit he has a problem or get some help. So he'll never change and what you see is what you'll get.

For as tyrannical and abusive as Bo supposedly was, his players and coaches were quite loyal to him (look at any number of reports, for example, about the 2003 team, the LSU squad that begged him to stay on for an NC, and many since then, like Suh, David and even Martinez, who was the target some infamous ire).

Oh right, right, that was because they were all suffering from battered wives syndrome... even guys like Ron Brown who had been around the block more than a few times and had a great relationship with Bo.

• Fire 1

For as tyrannical and abusive as Bo supposedly was, his players and coaches were quite loyal to him (look at any number of reports, for example, about the 2003 team, the LSU squad that begged him to stay on for an NC, and many since then, like Suh, David and even Martinez, who was the target some infamous ire).

Oh right, right, that was because they were all suffering from battered wives syndrome... even guys like Ron Brown who had been around the block more than a few times and had a great relationship with Bo.

You must be buff as hell, goal posts aren't light.

Mishandled so poorly.

That's funny.

His injury was mishandled poorly..

I mean, surely.....SURELY, you can agree with that?

(Opens folding chair, opens popcorn...)

CM has a point, actually. That statement, literally, doesn't make any sense. Mishandled poorly is somewhat of a double negative in that it suggests something was handled well.

Probably right up to the point where Brown's face caught a nice loogie from Pelini. No way you're coming back from that one, Brown looked like he wanted to kill him.

Also, not all players were loyal. Stafford flat out hatted him. However, the Stafford argument on the sideline was one of the more humorous events during the Pelini era.