Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

His defense basically made Melvin Gordon a heisman candidate and millionaire in a matter of 3 quarters.

Is your contention that Melvin Gordon wasn't highly regarded before that game?

Yes. But 408 yards later he was squarely in the heisman race and shot up draft boards. Hown as a so called Husker fan can you even try to defend such a sh**ty performance?

Because I don't take things like a bad performance personally. Not even a 40-15 shellacking by Kansas (a first loss to them in forever) or a 70-10 shelling against Texas Tech.

Stuff happens. It amuses me that the "pound my chest or hang my head" Husker fans still feel like those games are personal insults or shameful to them.

And anyone who doesn't realize Melvin Gordon was a pre season everything is apparently just a stupid fan.

• Fire 3

His defense basically made Melvin Gordon a heisman candidate and millionaire in a matter of 3 quarters.

Yes. But 408 yards later he was squarely in the heisman race and shot up draft boards. Hown as a so called Husker fan can you even try to defend such a sh**ty performance?

He also defends the 2001 Rose Bowl, just saying.

What about the 01 CU game? That was infinitely worse IMO. Miami was a really good team and had us out-athleted all over the field.

That CU game was like the Wisc CCG. Chris Brown (8.3 ypc) and Bobby Purify (7.7 ypc) ran that same g.d. play and we had no way to stop it.

Oh Colorado was easily more embarassing, that game alone is why we never should have played against the Canes (Basically an NFL squad).

Because I don't take things like a bad performance personally. Not even a 40-15 shellacking by Kansas (a first loss to them in forever) or a 70-10 shelling against Texas Tech.

Stuff happens. It amuses me that the "pound my chest or hang my head" Husker fans still feel like those games are personal insults or shameful to them.

And anyone who doesn't realize Melvin Gordon was a pre season everything is apparently just a stupid fan.

Nobody is saying Melvin Gordon wasn't special.

But the dude mercifully only put 408 yards up against us by himself. I say mercifully because it could have easily been 600+ if they wanted to.

Surely you see the.......no, nevermind....you don't.

• Fire 3

Gordon should never have been allowed to rush for 408 yards against Nebraska. That was a nasty combination of his talent, bad coaching and bad execution.

It's kind of how I always felt about Helu's performance against Missouri in 2010. He should never have been able to run for more than 300, and while a lot of that is due to his talent, a lot of it was also thanks to Missouri just having one hell of a bad day.

• Fire 1

But the dude mercifully only put 408 yards up against us by himself. I say mercifully because it could have easily been 600+ if they wanted to.

"Us"?

That's funny.

• Fire 2

"Us"?

That's funny.

No, it's not. It's a pretty standard word used by fans to describe the Huskers.

Congrats on being the first Husker fan to try to spin it into something negative. Oh and nice job avoiding admitting that 408 yards was an embarassment.

• Fire 2

Gordon should never have been allowed to rush for 408 yards against Nebraska. That was a nasty combination of his talent, bad coaching and bad execution.

It's kind of how I always felt about Helu's performance against Missouri in 2010. He should never have been able to run for more than 300, and while a lot of that is due to his talent, a lot of it was also thanks to Missouri just having one hell of a bad day.

That Wisconsin game was the point I quit supporting Pelini.

The way he followed our DB around just screaming and yelling and cussing all the way to bench the kid just wanted out of there. That's NOT coaching, it's just being an a-hole.

I liked Pelini and defended him every season and always thought we were close to turning corner so many times. Pelini had many many good achievements but it was time to go.

I actually LIKE watching HCMR in front of the media, it's so refreshing.

• Fire 5

The way he followed our DB around just screaming and yelling and cussing all the way to bench the kid just wanted out of there. That's NOT coaching, it's just being an a-hole.

I liked Pelini and defended him every season and always thought we were close to turning corner so many times. Pelini had many many good achievements but it was time to go.

That game was my turning point, as well. That was somewhat of a last straw in a long list of attempts to get the program over the edge.

• Fire 2

Same here

It's okay guys we shouldn't care about our favorite team getting absolutely mauled by one single player. We should all be like cm Husker and hold our head high and accept the fact that 9 wins is enough and retire to our lazy boys bitching about not running the wing T offense and not having enough boys from Minden on the team.

• Fire 7