Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

I am happy to see a lot of people admit that it was on the field results, in this case the wisky game, that caused people to want a change.

I wonder if people will want Riley fired also, despite his nice guy persona, if he has similar on field results.

I hope not. Unless we have a serious and real upgrade lined up.

On field results?

Are you calling out the players?

Or Pelini?

I am happy to see a lot of people admit that it was on the field results, in this case the wisky game, that caused people to want a change.

I wonder if people will want Riley fired also, despite his nice guy persona, if he has similar on field results.

I hope not. Unless we have a serious and real upgrade lined up.

It wasn't just results, 9 games is nothing to sneeze at. As Husker fans, we want more. That much is true.

It was the results not getting any better, it was the recruiting not getting any better (that's not me saying the players sucked), it was all thr drama piled up during his tenure, it was him clashing with the university and the fans, it was getting embarassed time and time again.

Take those things away and he is still here based on results. You say he needed 7-10 years. He got 7, I'm sure you think 2015 was going to be HIS year. I thought that every year after 2009 and it never happened. When everything was lined up to take that step, something would knock us down again.

For the record, I began to sour on Bo after the 2012 season. I wasn't upset that he was kept, but I wouldn't have been mad had he been let go. We were already starting to see some cracks (Texas 10, Wash 10, Wisc 11, Mich 11, UCLA 12, OSU 12) and the Wisconsin CCG was a total debacle by staff and players. Also at that time I learned of Bo throwing his name into a lot of P5 jobs (Miami, Ohio St, Penn St, Arkansas, Tennessee) as well as the "Cornhusker basement issue".

I actually was surprised that he was kept after the 2013 season (tape #1, losing to UCLA, Iowa, and Mich St at home by multiple TDs, the Iowa hat fling, and the Iowa press conference).

I do think the best case scenario for all involved would have been if he had been able to get one of the other jobs he was trying to get. That would have saved NU a bunch of $$$ and wouldn't have splintered the fan base as much.

• Fire 2

For the record, I began to sour on Bo after the 2012 season. I wasn't upset that he was kept, but I wouldn't have been mad had he been let go. We were already starting to see some cracks (Texas 10, Wash 10, Wisc 11, Mich 11, UCLA 12, OSU 12) and the Wisconsin CCG was a total debacle by staff and players. Also at that time I learned of Bo throwing his name into a lot of P5 jobs (Miami, Ohio St, Penn St, Arkansas, Tennessee) as well as the "Cornhusker basement issue".

I actually was surprised that he was kept after the 2013 season (tape #1, losing to UCLA, Iowa, and Mich St at home by multiple TDs, the Iowa hat fling, and the Iowa press conference).

I do think the best case scenario for all involved would have been if he had been able to get one of the other jobs he was trying to get. That would have saved NU a bunch of $$$ and wouldn't have splintered the fan base as much.

Good post. On board with all of it. Seems I've read here and elsewhere that bopo had some power supporters still in '13. And SE was so new. Oh well one more year of him didn't kill the program.

Neither.

I'm simply happy that people are admitting that wanting him fired wasn't really about his personality and was mostly all about his team's performance, which they deemed inadequate.

Why on earth couldn't it be a combination of both?

Especially since that was the case?

As I recall, virtually everyone thought his prickly nature would have been mitigated by more wins and fewer blowouts.

You are trying to suggest that others are finally coming around to your way of thinking, using a false premise.

This is why I'm not so keen on your posts.

• Fire 1

Considering the injuries of 2013, that may have been Bo's best coaching job during his tenure.

Our 2013 schedule contained 2 (end of season) ranked teams, and we lost both of them at home by scores of 41-21 (UCLA) and 41-28 (Mich St). Toss in a 21 point loss to a mediocre Iowa at home and 2013 doesn't look that great to me. But what do I know?

• Fire 5

Considering the injuries of 2013, that may have been Bo's best coaching job during his tenure.

Our 2013 schedule contained 2 (end of season) ranked teams, and we lost both of them at home by scores of 41-21 (UCLA) and 41-28 (Mich St). Toss in a 21 point loss to a mediocre Iowa at home and 2013 doesn't look that great to me. But what do I know?

Clearly you just don't understand the process, lmao.

I can't believe were still rehashing Bo getting fired but I guess it is the off-season.

Bo would probably still be the coach at NU, chugging along with 9 wins, if he wasn't a massive raging a-hole. You can get away with that when you're Nick Saban and playing for the national title virtually every year. You can't get away with it if you're struggling to win your division. We have no idea how many seasons a mythical nice guy Bo would have lasted but he certainly would have gotten more time than was given.

• Fire 1