Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

So thats where were at as a fan base? Screw the recruits feelings, I need to tell a bunch of people online how big of an asshat I think our coach is in May.

I dont care if Michigan finished 7-6, enjoy the friggin win. You want Bo to be better? This is an accomplishment, but nooooooo its not good enough! He should have shut them out 45-0 and stolen their recruits on the way out of town. Nevermind the undefeated at home record they were boasting. Gimme a break.

You guys are seriously trying to hype up a victory over a 7-6 Michigan team that nearly lost to Akron at home and Connecticut on the road?

And what of it? It's tough to win week in and week out in college football. Look at what you just said as an example. Michigan almost lost to those two crap teams. Would you rather win by one point of lose by one point? I'll take the 'W' all day and I don't care who it is over. Beating Michigan in one of the most recognized stadiums in CFB will always be a good thing.

Was wondering how long this was going to take to hit. A poster on rivals was on the flight with them a few weeks ago when they left Arkansas. They had a pretty good conversation and basically they are 100% to NU but they have some worry because of our fan bases negativity towards loses, and if we only win 9 games they are worried that the admin will do something stupid and fire Bo. They love Bo and his dad wants him to play for Bo. So if Bo gets fired they have a backup plan. Just being smart and i have zero problem with it. Guess they know Terry Joseph very well.

If Bo gets fired we will have bigger problems than one RB. We'll lose a lot of the class no matter. So I wouldn't read to much into it.

I think this belongs here. From Kendall Bussey Jr recruitment thread.

Gee, a highly touted recruit more worried about the fan bases pissy attitude towards its coaches win loss record than the actual record itslef. Who wouldve thunk being negative on a daily basis would ACTUALLY have an impact.

I don't think this situation is unique to Nebraska. It's the same at nearly all top tier, BCS caliber programs. If players are worried about fan reaction to a sub-par season, they should commit to Bowling Green or Tulane where expectations aren't high.

All players wish they could have the exposure Nebraska/Florida State/Ohio State gives you while simultaneously having to deal with the fan reaction to loss's like they do at Middle-Tennessee State. It comes with the territory.

I don't see national media types talk about fan expectations being unrealistic at other programs.

So thats where were at as a fan base? Screw the recruits feelings, I need to tell a bunch of people online how big of an asshat I think our coach is in May.

I dont care if Michigan finished 7-6, enjoy the friggin win. You want Bo to be better? This is an accomplishment, but nooooooo its not good enough! He should have shut them out 45-0 and stolen their recruits on the way out of town. Nevermind the undefeated at home record they were boasting. Gimme a break.

That should be the attitude Bo has though. He doesn't. Look at how aggressive Franklin is being about recruiting already at PSU.

• Fire 1

That should be the attitude Bo has though. He doesn't. Look at how aggressive Franklin is being about recruiting already at PSU.

Yeah, I'm sure he loves losing games and having mediocre recruiting classes. So much so that he's gonna try to tank this years class and he's working on a gameplan to lose 4 games.

• Fire 1

However, I think it's a little much that the last page of this thread has been pointing to a defeat of a pretty average Michigan team as some sort of progressive sign when there are many more red flags to glean from the 2013 season.

Yeah, it's completely insane that a thread about positive achievements would dare to look at signs of progress. Bring out the red flags!!

• Fire 2

I think That lttle quote right there should tell ya a little something about your current fandom. Franklin has yet to even coach a fall camp but you give more benefit of the doubt to him than the guy that coaches the team you follow. Dont like what Bo has done in his first 6 years? Fine. Good thing there is a new shiny season coming up in just a few months.

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

The Michigan win was awesome, downplaying it is just proof of emo bitterness.

Yeah but, pointing out Michigan sucked isn't downplaying it. It's taking it for what it's worth, seeing the forest for the trees, examining all the information and drawing a reasonable conclusion, ect. ect.

I could see how someone would think that, though, if they viewed beating a poor Michigan team as kind of the football equivalent of curing cancer.

• Fire 2

Tapdancing cripes.......it was only a matter of time until this thread got Polo'skrd. Thanks everyone for trying to shed a little optimism. But you know emos, the only way they can be kind of happy is to piss on everyone elses good time.

Yeah but, pointing out Michigan sucked isn't downplaying it. It's taking it for what it's worth, seeing the forest for the trees, examining all the information and drawing reasonable conclusion, ect. ect.

I could see how someone would think that, though, if they viewed beating a poor Michigan team as kind of the football equivalent of curing cancer.

If only there was another Nebraska coach that beat a middling Michigan team at the end of their season and had a decent recruiting class. That way we could gauge accomplishments or something....

• Fire 1

Yeah but, pointing out Michigan sucked isn't downplaying it. It's taking it for what it's worth, seeing the forest for the trees, examining all the information and drawing reasonable conclusion, ect. ect.

NO the football equivelant would be going 15-0, winning the playoff and conference, and beating both tOSU and Bama so badly Saban and Meyer retire from the game forever and get dude married to eachother.

If only there was another Nebraska coach that beat a middling Michigan team at the end of their season and had a decent recruiting class. That way we could gauge accomplishments or something....

attack-minus-1.png

HAR! Golly gee, you sure showed all us optimists! A Callahan comparison dripping with sarcasm, thats fresh.

• Fire 5

NO the football equivelant would be going 15-0, winning the playoff and conference, and beating both tOSU and Bama so badly Saban and Meyer retire from the game forever and get dude married to eachother.

Yeah, if we beat a team of that quality, and people tried to say that team sucked, then it would just be an attempt at downplaying the victory.

Since the team we beat did suck, I'm not sure what the problem is. It's okay to beat bad teams. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's preferable to losing to bad teams.

• Fire 1

in the words of the great jimmy mcnulty, what the f#ck did i do?