Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

I will give you Mizzou, Arizona, Oklie Light and MSU....there is no way to tell about UM because shoelace was just starting to make our defense look stupid when he got hurt. It was still way too close with zero threat at the QB position for anyone to say that if they played Gardner that it wouldn't have made a difference.

OU in 2009 was missing their entire offense and PSU in 2012 was nothing special as they just went through hell that week. If anything, we should have blown them out instead of just squeaking that game out.

Making our defense look stupid? How so? Because they were actually starting to string together a drive, which took them all half to get to, which was aided by a questionable penalty on 3rd down to begin with?

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

The walk on program invigorated.

Callahan brought in roughly the same amount of walk-ons as Bo has. The biggest helper for Bo is that UNO no longer has a program. So some of the kids that would have taken scholarships there are now walking on at NU. So we are getting better walk-ons. That is my theory anyways.

It also has to do with having an appreciation for how to use the Walkons to make your program better. I never thought callyclown ever understood that.

I think Bo has done a lot of great things for this program, and most have been mentioned. For me he has made the image of clean program front and center, graduation rates going up, and for the most parts, keeping the kids out of trouble.

I have seen improvement in him the last couple of years,,, well we have the Iowa PC, but other than that, he has made a great change in his demeanor.

Still not his biggest fan, but I want to see what he does this year. I think we ma see great improvement.

I think Bo has done a lot of great things for this program, and most have been mentioned. For me he has made the image of clean program front and center, graduation rates going up, and for the most parts, keeping the kids out of trouble.

I have seen improvement in him the last couple of years,,, well we have the Iowa PC, but other than that, he has made a great change in his demeanor.

Still not his biggest fan, but I want to see what he does this year. I think we ma see great improvement.

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately, and while Bo hasn't brought the championships we all would like, his .700 + winning percentage tells me that he certainly isn't a failure. Mix in all of the obstacles he has had to overcome, and quite honestly, the job he has done is quite remarkable. We've actually been fortunate to have been as successful as we have since he got here. Now, only if HP would get out of the way, we may be able to take the next step back to the elite status we want.

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately, and while Bo hasn't brought the championships we all would like, his .700 + winning percentage tells me that he certainly isn't a failure. Mix in all of the obstacles he has had to overcome, and quite honestly, the job he has done is quite remarkable. We've actually been fortunate to have been as successful as we have since he got here. Now, only if HP would get out of the way, we may be able to take the next step back to the elite status we want.

HP referring to Havey Perleman or Husker Pedia ?? :unsure:

While Bo is a pretty average head coach and has done some good things along with the bad and since he looks up to Pete Carroll maybe he should take a page out of his book and not worry about a play that goes bad and start gameplanning around it. show some poise and then his players will see that not everything gets to him and maybe the players will start stepping up more.

While Bo is a pretty average head coach and has done some good things along with the bad and since he looks up to Pete Carroll maybe he should take a page out of his book and not worry about a play that goes bad and start gameplanning around it. show some poise and then his players will see that not everything gets to him and maybe the players will start stepping up more.

Cuz we've shown zero capability in the past to overcome negative plays and starts to games.......

• Fire 1

Cuz we've shown zero capability in the past to overcome negative plays and starts to games.......

i am talking about Bo getting pissy on the sidelines. How many times have we overcome negative plays and starts in a championship type environment?

i am talking about Bo getting pissy on the sidelines. How many times have we overcome negative plays and starts in a championship type environment?

After you insinuate that we''ve not been capable, you then move the goalposts to "championship only" environments to support your point? And with that said, what did Bo do temper wise to shake the team up against Texas and Oklahoma?

Now, I'm not totally disagreeing with you. God knows I think sometimes Bo's tendancy to be a rollercoaster of emotions definitely is reflected at times through the team's play, whether it be week to week, quarter to quarter, even play to play. But let's not act like it's so prevalent of an issue that it's the first and foremost pressing cause to our troubles, cuz it's not.

• Fire 1

After you insinuate that we''ve not been capable, you then move the goalposts to "championship only" environments to support your point? And with that said, what did Bo do temper wise to shake the team up against Texas and Oklahoma?

Now, I'm not totally disagreeing with you. God knows I think sometimes Bo's tendancy to be a rollercoaster of emotions definitely is reflected at times through the team's play, whether it be week to week, quarter to quarter, even play to play. But let's not act like it's so prevalent of an issue that it's the first and foremost pressing cause to our troubles, cuz it's not.

well the reason why the goalposts were moved is because a lot of those teams we come back from we should have never been in the position of being down. not with the team we had.

Harvey.

Harvey.

I meant it as sarcasm, but obviously didn't come out that way.

Thanks for taking time to respond though.