Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

i don't think people care much about graduation rate - it's not even part of Pelini's bonus structure in his contract if I'm not mistaken. What they care about is APR, and we're 4th in the B1G behind Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Ohio State - which are all top 10 in the nation. (the B1G is #1 conference btw).

Northwestern 996 (1st in nation)

Wisconsin 985 (T-4th in nation)

Ohio State 982 (T-7th in nation)

Nebraska 972

Here is the progress..

04-05: 932

05-06: 935

06-07: 941

07-08: 950

08-09: 950

09-10: 958

10-11: 966

11-12: 972

Going through a conference change (on relatively short notice) that played based on two different philosophies and required different types of personel, and still finding a way to win 9 and 10 games against the toughest possible schedule in those first two years.

Brilliantly said. Nobody wants to admit what a feat this was. Very dificult situation handled admirably.

I think that 2008 was his best coaching job, espically the bowl win over Clemson. That IMO is by far his biggest win as HC at NU.

Going through a conference change (on relatively short notice) that played based on two different philosophies and required different types of personel, and still finding a way to win 9 and 10 games against the toughest possible schedule in those first two years.

Absolutely.

Rebuilding recruiting in-roads that took 30 years to build and were torn to the ground in 04-07. And really not taking that long to do so.

The recruting was better in 2004-2007 than it was under Frank. Bill just didn't get the talent to show on the field, and that is why what Bo did in 2008 was so impressive.

Brilliantly said. Nobody wants to admit what a feat this was. Very dificult situation handled admirably.

I think that 2008 was his best coaching job, espically the bowl win over Clemson. That IMO is by far his biggest win as HC at NU.

It was a big win for him no doubt. I dunno about biggest but definitely top 5 in terms of impact.

It was a big win for him no doubt. I dunno about biggest but definitely top 5 in terms of impact.

The reason that I say that is because of the difference in team speed was very noticeable and not in our favor. We had no business even being within two TD's of that team, but we not only played them tough, we won it. Plus it is just about the only win over a big name team that doesn't have an asterisk due to the opponent missing their starting QB.

The reason that I say that is because of the difference in team speed was very noticeable and not in our favor. We had no business even being within two TD's of that team, but we not only played them tough, we won it. Plus it is just about the only win over a big name team that doesn't have an asterisk due to the opponent missing their starting QB.

Mizzou 2010

Michigan State 2011

Michigan was just flat stupid to not play Gardener last year but it wouldnt have mattered.

Mizzou 2010

Michigan State 2011

Michigan was just flat stupid to not play Gardener last year but it wouldnt have mattered.

I will give you Mizzou, Arizona, Oklie Light and MSU....there is no way to tell about UM because shoelace was just starting to make our defense look stupid when he got hurt. It was still way too close with zero threat at the QB position for anyone to say that if they played Gardner that it wouldn't have made a difference.

OU in 2009 was missing their entire offense and PSU in 2012 was nothing special as they just went through hell that week. If anything, we should have blown them out instead of just squeaking that game out.

I will give you Mizzou, Arizona, Oklie Light and MSU....there is no way to tell about UM because shoelace was just starting to make our defense look stupid when he got hurt. It was still way too close with zero threat at the QB position for anyone to say that if they played Gardner that it wouldn't have made a difference.

OU in 2009 was missing their entire offense and PSU in 2012 was nothing special as they just went through hell that week. If anything, we should have blown them out instead of just squeaking that game out.

And I'm sure you make the same excuses for Bo and the Huskers in the 2010 losses to aTm, OU and Washington, right?

Mizzou 2010

Michigan State 2011

PSU in 12 was a year removed from the scandal and was a true solid unit.

And I'm sure you make the same excuses for Bo and the Huskers in the 2010 losses to aTm, OU and Washington, right?

No that's different Bo was being outcoached and outclassed :sarcasm

aTm was officiating, but the OU game was on Bo for playing TMart with a bad wheel. Without his wheel, he is worthless. Lee should have finished the game once we were up by a big margin. The Washington game was hard to get anyone up for becuase they had just beaten that team and that loss was more on Barney's pathetic OL than TMart IMO.

aTm was officiating, but the OU game was on Bo for playing TMart with a bad wheel. Without his wheel, he is worthless. Lee should have finished the game once we were up by a big margin. The Washington game was hard to get anyone up for becuase they had just beaten that team and that loss was more on Barney's pathetic OL than TMart IMO.

I think you have it backwards. For OU I dont feel there was a backup that we couldve played, Lee was hurt as well and Cody Green Im not convinced he wasnt dinged up too. Washington in Bowl was all on coaches. If I had to nit pick at my main man Bo thats the game. No excuse for that debacle, really shouldnt have gone down like that.