Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

The GPA alone is reason enough to keep Bo around, people take that for granted unfortunately. Side question:

AnYone know how were coming along concerning getting back in the AAU?

When they change their requirements and count Ag research, we'll be back in. Until then, no breath holding.

bth_cat-holding-breath.jpg

The GPA alone is reason enough to keep Bo around, people take that for granted unfortunately. Side question:

AnYone know how were coming along concerning getting back in the AAU?

When they change their requirements and count Ag research, we'll be back in. Until then, no breath holding.

When those whole conversations were going around I believe it was mentioned that UNMC doesn't count either for AAU considerations. Is that true?

Lets not have this turn into a fire Bo thread. I just thought it would be good to remind people of the good things that have happened under Coach Pelini's regime.

-Ohio State Comeback/Biggest Point Margin comeback in NU history

-Upholds Zach Darlington's scholarship regardless of his playing future

-Excellent GPA and Graduation Rate

-Strict no nonsense off field drama: Ernest Suttles, Quentin Castille etc.

-Nick Pasquale tribute decal and gold/blue baloons for UCLA game

-Shows he can have a good relationship with team: Harlem Shake video, Cell Phone prank etc.

-Penn State pre-game prayer in aftermath of Sandusky scandal and JoePa firing

-Jack Hoffman Spring Game Touchdown and resulting.ESPY Award for Jack

Was Bo the mastermind behind all of these, perhaps not. But it all happened under his watch. Lets try to remember these things when you feel he is being to agressive on the sideline.

Please share what Ive left out.

I do not want to make this thread an anti-Pelini thing... but I must correct one of your points..

you put excellent GPA and graduation rate... not so. Under Pelini the graduation rates have plummeted. NU is 9th in the conference in graduation rate and have fallen precipitously with time. NU is nowhere near as good academically for football players as was the case when Bo arrived.

Don't bother these guys with facts, the fact is we have played a gawd awful schedule under Pelini so the positives are few and far between

Lets not have this turn into a fire Bo thread. I just thought it would be good to remind people of the good things that have happened under Coach Pelini's regime.

-Ohio State Comeback/Biggest Point Margin comeback in NU history

-Upholds Zach Darlington's scholarship regardless of his playing future

-Excellent GPA and Graduation Rate

-Strict no nonsense off field drama: Ernest Suttles, Quentin Castille etc.

-Nick Pasquale tribute decal and gold/blue baloons for UCLA game

-Shows he can have a good relationship with team: Harlem Shake video, Cell Phone prank etc.

-Penn State pre-game prayer in aftermath of Sandusky scandal and JoePa firing

-Jack Hoffman Spring Game Touchdown and resulting.ESPY Award for Jack

Was Bo the mastermind behind all of these, perhaps not. But it all happened under his watch. Lets try to remember these things when you feel he is being to agressive on the sideline.

Please share what Ive left out.

I know you mentioned the Jack thing but I want to emphasize that whole thing was Bo's idea if the story I heard was true. Not something the SID dreamed up or even Rex. They were talking about doing something different for the players and Bo said, "what about Jack?" And it took off from there.

Bo has surprised me with his leadership I have to admit. After the Calahan nightmare I was worried we were going to get a one or two dimensional guy. Football, maybe a good recruiter, everything else left up to the assistants. Bo has gone way beyond my expectations with community and standing by his players, inspiring them to be better. Better players and better Men.

• Fire 1