Are We Hungry?

So, does Dirk actually try to be a doosh, or does it just come naturally?

I know I know. It's not a reporter's job to be a sunshine pumper, but rather, be honest. But in his case, more times than not, he seems to go out of his way to stir the turd.

Stir the turd? Is that actually a saying?

So, does Dirk actually try to be a doosh, or does it just come naturally?

I know I know. It's not a reporter's job to be a sunshine pumper, but rather, be honest. But in his case, more times than not, he seems to go out of his way to stir the turd.

Stir the turd? Is that actually a saying?

I said it, yes? So it must be.

Dirk is a tool.

I don't think anyone thinks we need to have the '09 defense along with last years offense to have a shot at a title. If we had '10 defense last year I think we would have had a shot. There is a ton of young talent playing on both sides of the ball. I dont see why its a big deal to think the offense & the defense could click at the same time.

Dirk is fairly correct in his assessment, it is the presentation that is bad. Dirk always wants to twist the knife a little when he writes stuff. I am sure he would call objectivity, I would call it being a d!ck just to be a d$ck.

Heck yeah this team can take the legends division. IMO they have the best chance of running the table of any team left. They will have to show up and play every week though. I think Minnesota got their attention on Saturday, so I don't think that will be a problem.

It is going to be a meat grinder. Non of the teams they are playing are super great, but most are decent to good. If they don't show up to play they could lose some along the way. Lots of 5-2 and 4-3 teams in that group.

Dirk is fairly correct in his assessment, it is the presentation that is bad. Dirk always wants to twist the knife a little when he writes stuff. I am sure he would call objectivity, I would call it being a d!ck just to be a d$ck.

Heck yeah this team can take the legends division. IMO they have the best chance of running the table of any team left. They will have to show up and play every week though. I think Minnesota got their attention on Saturday, so I don't think that will be a problem.

It is going to be a meat grinder. Non of the teams they are playing are super great, but most are decent to good. If they don't show up to play they could lose some along the way. Lots of 5-2 and 4-3 teams in that group.

Looking at our schedule before the season, I predicted we'd lose to Northwestern, Michigan, and one other surprise team (was thinking UCLA or Michigan St or Penn State here). So I thought our team would be 9-3 heading into the big 10 championship, where I predicted we'd lose to Ohio St and they would go on to play in a NC, placing us in the Rose Bowl.

But looking at how the rest of the big 10 has done and looking at how we have played. I really think we have the ability and talent to be 6-0 right now. That UCLA loss was a fluke, and if Taylor Martinez had'nt of gotten hurt and if our defense had had just a little more mental experience (i.e. if Pelini would have played the young guys more last year to get them further ahead mentally), I really think we could have and should have won that game.

Looking forward... Minnesota is better than they were in previous years, but Northwestern is also much worse than they were suppose to be, so I think we can take both of those teams and I think each will be easier than UCLA was for us, especially considering our defense has gotten A LOT better and Taylor Martinez should be healthy. Michigan really hasn't played all that well this year so far. They haven't been a team that has shown they are someone we should think we will most likely lose to. In fact, I'd say that game will be a lot more even than I would have thought it would have been before the season. Michigan State showed glimpses of an offense but then that fell apart last week and they struggled significantly and even though their defense has been stout... with our fast paced offense and weapons all over the field, I think we can handle them. Penn State has an NFL pocket passing QB which we have historically handled much better than mobile QB's and I think our personel will match up reasonably well with theirs so I really think we have a shot there as well. And well Iowa, we should take that one for sure unless our team's morale is down due to stupid losses leading up to this game.

So I really think when all is said and done, barring any major injuries, and if Taylor Martinez is healthy, I really think there is no reason we can't finish the season out at 10-2. (I account for one loss in there somewhere).

Honestly, I think it's more likely than not we go 11-1.

^This.......

I am sticking by this....

I want my regular season prediction to be accurate. MUAHAHAHHAA!!!

Oh....and the Huskers to do well of course...

I mean, I see no team left on our reg. season schedule that truly frightens me. Michigan? The team that almost lost to UConn and Akron? Michigan State? The team that has the offense of an 8th grade middle school team. Penn State? They have no depth.

12-1 can still make the national championship

LET'S DO THIS

We just need the SEC to keep destroying itself and FSU to stumble.

I don't know if FSU will stumble... the Miami game will be huge. That is always a fun series. FSU looks pretty good. If they blow out Miami, they'll probably start getting a handful of votes for #1.

Mami is treading water as an undefeated, some really lucky breaks. They always play FSU tough though. So if they can beat FSU then lose a couple after that it would be great. Plus UCLA could do us a solid on Aaturday and knock off Oregon. And Baylor and TTU play eachother so one of them loses before they noth have to play the heavies of the Big 12. Not seeing much opportunity for anyone to finish undefeated.