Coaches and AP Polls

I counted something like 11-12 top 25 teams defeated by underdogs this week. Honestly, it looks like the pollsters did exactly what I would have done: Throw darts at a board in the dark to come up with the ranks.

Hopefully things get more settled moving forward. If anyone has cause for concern, I think it is Mizzou. If I were a Tiger fan, I think I would be mortally afraid of what is likely to happen the rest of the season. From 25 to 14 to 5 in three weeks? That has to be one of the largest leaps in polling history.

SEC bias was way too evident this week. How does Auburn beat TAMU and is ranked two spots lower in the USA Today/Coaches Poll? The fact that two 2 loss teams are in the Top 15 invalidates this weeks rankings. Here is how both polls should look:

1. Alabama

2/3. FSU/Oregon

4. Ohio St.

5/6/7. Baylor/Miami/Mizzou

8/9/10. T.Tech/Clemson/Stanford

11. - 25. ???

• Fire 1

I counted something like 11-12 top 25 teams defeated by underdogs this week. Honestly, it looks like the pollsters did exactly what I would have done: Throw darts at a board in the dark to come up with the ranks.

Hopefully things get more settled moving forward. If anyone has cause for concern, I think it is Mizzou. If I were a Tiger fan, I think I would be mortally afraid of what is likely to happen the rest of the season. From 25 to 14 to 5 in three weeks? That has to be one of the largest leaps in polling history.

It's the SEC.......don't you know ?? :rolleyes:

Well, in general, I LOVE chaos. And that's what it seems for now. Given that Nebraska has to win out to get any respect, including a possible CCG, I think we're in the best place we can be for now.

I had been quite concerned about our youngsters and losing Taylor next year, but those concerns are receding. I think we are very well positioned for the next few years. If this year is as bad as we see for three or four years, I think we have great things to anticipate.

Well, in general, I LOVE chaos. And that's what it seems for now. Given that Nebraska has to win out to get any respect, including a possible CCG, I think we're in the best place we can be for now.

I had been quite concerned about our youngsters and losing Taylor next year, but those concerns are receding. I think we are very well positioned for the next few years. If this year is as bad as we see for three or four years, I think we have great things to anticipate.

And honestly, this year could still be a very, very good year.

We've done nothing to make the media forget that we gave up 600 yards in three straight games, got blown out in one of them, then followed that up with 38 unanswered points scored by UCLA.

We followed that UCLA loss up with 200+ yards given up to the SDSU running back. Since then we've played far better but only against two very weak teams.

We have to do something to catch the media's attention before they rank us higher. They're not impressed with anything we've done so far, and you can't really blame them.

I'll just add that we haven't done anything to impress anyone in more than a decade. Every time we get on a big stage where the voters are watching we wind up getting pummeled. That's not a way to build respect. Nor is playing this ridiculous cupcake schedule. We need big time wins against big time competition to get the respect we want.