Coaches and AP Polls

We've done nothing to make the media forget that we gave up 600 yards in three straight games, got blown out in one of them, then followed that up with 38 unanswered points scored by UCLA.

We followed that UCLA loss up with 200+ yards given up to the SDSU running back. Since then we've played far better but only against two very weak teams.

We have to do something to catch the media's attention before they rank us higher. They're not impressed with anything we've done so far, and you can't really blame them.

• Fire 4

We've done nothing to make the media forget that we gave up 600 yards in three straight games, got blown out in one of them, then followed that up with 38 unanswered points scored by UCLA.

We followed that UCLA loss up with 200+ yards given up to the SDSU running back. Since then we've played far better but only against two very weak teams.

We have to do something to catch the media's attention before they rank us higher. They're not impressed with anything we've done so far, and you can't really blame them.

Dang that hurts, but you are dead on Knappic

We'll have more movement when we start playing again. I think the yardage given up is more of a thing for those on this board who care about it. There is plenty of yardage.....and points.....being given up by other teams. Michigan and Texas A&M come immediately to mind.

This is the cold hard truth. Fact is, the time to prove something is going to start right off the bat in November and that streak of games following will be when Nebraska can show they belong with the big dogs or if they are just another mediocre Big Ten team.

That six game win streak was impressive last year but if we want to turn heads it will have to be a bit more dominant than it was last season.

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect.

i agree with what you said. it is just hard not to get upset at the rankings. louisville does not play a ranked team and lost to ucf (who is now ranked 21st). wiscy has two losses, respectable losses but not a single respectable win. then there is mich. who has largely looked like hot garbage, but beat a bad nd.

but it really does not matter. neb. just needs to win and everything will take care of itself. the best we can hope for is a rose bowl appearance, which would have most likely been the case if we had beaten UCLA.

i agree with what you said. it is just hard not to get upset at the rankings. louisville does not play a ranked team and lost to ucf (who is now ranked 21st). wiscy has two losses, respectable losses but not a single respectable win. then there is mich. who has largely looked like hot garbage, but beat a bad nd.

but it really does not matter. neb. just needs to win and everything will take care of itself. the best we can hope for is a rose bowl appearance, which would have most likely been the case if we had beaten UCLA.

Winning or losing to UCLA has no bearing on NU going to the Rose Bowl.

Unless you're considering an At-Large bid. Which was a big reason I wanted the ucla game. Losing to them hurt our chances, considering most don't expect us to run the table.

i know that. what i was saying was that even if we beat UCLA and won out, i do not think we would have gotten to the mnc.

Sadly this. The dumbasses on ESPN kept on yammering on about how a 1 loss LSU would make it in over a 13-0 OSU yesterday before LSU shat the bed.

Thank God playoffs are starting next year, and the SEC train is finally going to run out of steam.