Players tired?!!?!?

we used to be the best at S&C.........now we suck...WTF?

Yea i don't understand that. 4 or 5 years ago we praised Dobson for the S&C program. Now we call him out and want him fired, I can only think that Dobson isn't used to the typical physicality that the Big Ten puts on our guys.

You realize he was at Iowa before he was here right?

Better start using Oregon as our goal conditioning wise, they are all about speed & endurance first.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9630732/oregon-ducks-use-speed-school-train-fastest-offense-espn-magazine

Indeed, the key to Oregon's ascendance might lie less in the telegenic speed of its scatbacks than in the largely overlooked speed of its tackles and guards. In 2009 Radcliffe published "Trench Warriors," an online article in which he delineated his philosophy for training linemen. He panned exercises performed in a sitting or prone position -- the big man's traditional weight-room staples -- in favor of "any drill that involves projection of the hips." Other Radcliffe notes: Stride length can be improved more readily than stride frequency; stride length is largely a function of hip flexibility; speed and strength are most productive when speed is superior to strength; get fast first, then build endurance.

Is it me or are more players leaving the game tired???? I don't think it's a Nebraska thing, but Abdullah ran 2 plays in a row and needed a breather in the 4th qtr........we needed him, he can't come out.....he needs to suck it up.

If I wrong say so.......but guys who are playing one way are subbing themselves out too often.

Ar u talking about after that nice run where he wouldve had a td if he didnt go out of bounds? It looked to me like he hurt his knee when he stepped out of bounds, i remember worrying about it.

Bo was correct in noting that when the Minnesota runs ended in a rugby scrum, Minnesota moved the pile 3-4 more yards upfield. That was even before any of Nebraska players had time to get winded.

Abdullah coming out of the game and putting Imani or Newby in isn't a big deal as far as I'm concerned. He has talent behind him. We don't have that luxury on the offensive line.

Better start using Oregon as our goal conditioning wise, they are all about speed & endurance first.

http://espn.go.com/c...e-espn-magazine

Indeed, the key to Oregon's ascendance might lie less in the telegenic speed of its scatbacks than in the largely overlooked speed of its tackles and guards. In 2009 Radcliffe published "Trench Warriors," an online article in which he delineated his philosophy for training linemen. He panned exercises performed in a sitting or prone position -- the big man's traditional weight-room staples -- in favor of "any drill that involves projection of the hips." Other Radcliffe notes: Stride length can be improved more readily than stride frequency; stride length is largely a function of hip flexibility; speed and strength are most productive when speed is superior to strength; get fast first, then build endurance.

agree, whatever they are doing, their athletes are superior in speed and agility.

I think Beck has promise. I know we've piled on him, but we've also seen his system work very, very well. If he were given free reign of the offense, I think it would be pretty good... especially with this rumor about how didn't want to call plays for Martinez today.

The only promise I want from Beck is that he's leaving. He's just way too pass happy. 19 rushes and 30 passes. Didn't he know it was Martinez throwing the ball and that every time he does we flirt with disaster. Not a hit on Martinez just the fact of the matter. T_O_B

display_image.jpg?x=769709

One of the best in the game. 1-gap New England defense.

So, I'm wondering if there's too much hub-ub over how our DL 'look', especially the DTs.

Actually, this picture came with an accompanying article, and I'm not sure what the article is really trying to say, but I'll link it here: http://www.greggsmithfitness.com/blog/2010/12/ever-wonder-about-the-health-of-football-lineman-after-their-careers-are-over/