What Are The Chances We'll Laugh About This?

Add in a LB who can emerge with their tackling and I'm right there with you.

His name is Michale Rose, have you not heard or seen him play? Kid is the real deal, and someone who I have personally been waiting to emerge! I know he got majority of the reps at Mike, anyone know if he was projected as the starter? I think he gets it over Bando, but I would be fine with either.

GBR!!!

It seems to me that if your whole defense is dependent on one player making every play, you have a problem. These are kids, not professionals. Maybe to much dependent on scheme, rather than god given talent? I hope this kid is the real deal, but it looks to wide spread for one kid to turn it around. I remember when we had an All American at every level, and it was the same problems. I remember at the end of the year last year, Bo saying the kids redshirted would have made a difference. Was it true or coach speak. We have more problems than one player, and that goes for both sides of the ball.

It seems to me that if your whole defense is dependent on one player making every play, you have a problem. These are kids, not professionals. Maybe to much dependent on scheme, rather than god given talent? I hope this kid is the real deal, but it looks to wide spread for one kid to turn it around. I remember when we had an All American at every level, and it was the same problems. I remember at the end of the year last year, Bo saying the kids redshirted would have made a difference. Was it true or coach speak. We have more problems than one player, and that goes for both sides of the ball.

We do need to continue upgrading our talent. As has been mentioned (once or twice) recruiting has become a heavy focus the past couple of seasons and remains that way. When you combine Pelini's defense with good talent, you get in the record books......Bullocks for INTs, David and Ruud for tackles.....and of course the things Suh did.

It is very similar Sker. We are falling rapidly, our defense is even worse than Cosgrove, and I think actually facing weaker competition. Callahan was too loyal to Cosgrove, I am not sure Pelini is to loyal to Pap, or if Pelini is truly running the defense. My guess the latter. Our losses have been much worse, our game preparation, adjustments seem worse. I see a lot of the lost, no answers looks on the coaches and kids faces, very similar to the Clownahan years.

I think he has 5 games to get it fixed. If not, he is gone.

The fans have lost faith, you can tell by looking at this board this morning. Way down on posts, comments, positive or negative. I am hoping that most are there for the game. Have to be positive!!!

I will watch the game, as I always do, but I do not have the excitement, the belief I will see a well played game, with a plan, corrections and fight to the end. That is sad, being an old man and a fan since I was 6 years old. I have raced through my life waiting for Falls, supporting the Huskers. Sad it just does not seem as important as it once did. I wonder how many feel that way. If there are large numbers, maybe it is time for a change. I really do not know, but I just cannot swallow we are on LB away from being Nebraska. I am terrified that Tommy will fail, and all this negativity that we have for Taylor will transfer instantly to him. The kid is not ready as it appears most on this team aren't.

It is very similar Sker. We are falling rapidly, our defense is even worse than Cosgrove, and I think actually facing weaker competition.

I guess the weaker competition rebuttal can always be thrown in to suit one's agenda when Pelini hasn't had anything below a 9 win season or missed a bowl. I don't even care about the Cosgrove comparisons.....I really truly don't.

The Huskers have officially lost it.

Bo Pelini won't be here next year.

He may not survive the weekend.

Wouldn't it be funny if Tommy Armstrong was the fresh blood and pride-salvaging cover to get Nebraska to the CCG? Another 10 - 4 season, maybe even 11 - 3, with a bowl win? What if this was the turnaround point? Would we look back at the posts this past week and laugh?

Wait. Are you laughing right now?

Because it could happen. Seriously. I think.

What if it was RKIII?