Do we really want to play in the CCG?

Hayseed

I've heard this asked by radio sports guys a few times ...kind of like a rhetorical question where they're scrunching up their face and assuming we'd get destroyed if we made it there.....like maybe it's better if we just stay away.

I say OF COURSE we want to play in the championship game. If we make it there I'm assuming we've already beaten Michigan, Iowa , and Michigan State.......if we can do that then we can certainly give Ohio State a run for their money and possibly upset them.

I hear a bunch of fans talking like they're ready to throw in the towel. We've seen some pretty good flashes from our guys and I feel like we should either get behind them 100% or go mow the yard;...we don't need the negativity hanging around and festering.

This post has been edited. You can also include a win or loss against Penn State to formulate your opinion if you would like to.

Edited by Hayseed

We'd get curbstomped. Better to lose a close one against State and win the others and hopefully land in a bowl in which we can be competitive. I'm not sure where all the confidence comes from given the quality of our competition thus far. It's just not there man. Maybe next year.

I suggest you stay away from anybody you hear talking like this. You might catch their pathetic attitude. Nebraska will be fine in any endeavor. That includes CC games and/or coaching changes. As long as there is a commitment to excellence we will always compete for the best in everything.

Where do people come up with this crap?

I've heard this asked by radio sports guys a few times ...kind of like a rhetorical question where they're scrunching up their face and assuming we'd get destroyed if we made it there.....like maybe it's better if we just stay away.

I say OF COURSE we want to play in the championship game. If we make it there I'm assuming we've already beaten Michigan, Iowa State, and Michigan State.......if we can do that then we can certainly give Ohio State a run for their money and possibly upset them.

I hear a bunch of fans talking like they're ready to throw in the towel. We've seen some pretty good flashes from our guys and I feel like we should either get behind them 100% or go mow the yard;...we don't need the negativity hanging around and festering.

Didn't realize we played ISU this year :facepalm:

I suggest you stay away from anybody you hear talking like this ^. You might catch their pathetic attitude. Nebraska will be fine in any endeavor. That includes CC games and/or coaching changes. As long as there is a commit net to excellence we will always compete for the best in everything.

Where do people come up with this crap?

Where? Probably getting embarrassed all the time on national TV. Seriously, it's no different than people saying to play TA for the future. I think next year we have a chance of being good. This year we don't. It's not that hard to see really is it? What's the record of the team's we've managed to beat again?

I say OF COURSE we want to play in the championship game. If we make it there I'm assuming we've already beaten Michigan, Iowa State, and Michigan State.......if we can do that then we can certainly give Ohio State a run for their money and possibly upset them.

Didn't realize we played ISU this year :facepalm:

We don't. It's Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, and Iowa. Everyone wants Bo to win a conference title and a bowl (including me). The only way that happens is if they get to the CCG (simple logic, but true).