Baylor, NU and the future

TGHusker

27-22 is mediocre.

54-22 is not great, but it is not mediocre.

Depends who the W's and L's were vs.

To some extent, yes. But twice as many wins with as many losses is a totally different level of success.

One of 4-5 schools with 9 wins in the last five years is not mediocre. Three CCGs in four years is not mediocre. As I said, not great. Not even as good as we would like. But far from mediocre.

Eh.

I don't know. Bill gets a pass for the 5-6 year. He inherited a bare cupboard. Never mind the previous record, we all know what kind of talent Frank left Bill versus what kind of talent Bill left Bo (in case it needs rehashing, maybe a list of current Huskers in the NFL would suffice).

Obviously, in 2007, the team collapsed. Not a pass, but a failure and the reason why he's gone.

Collapse aside, 8-4, 9-5, borderline or second-tier Top 25 products, that's where we were then and it's where we are now. The difference between then and now is Bo a) didn't have to rebuild, b) hasn't yet suffered a season collapse.

If Callahan was really fielding a consistently just-shy-of-7 wins a year team that the 27-22 would suggest on average, that's a different story, and I'd agree: a clear step below where we are now.

It's not only about the record, but who you played as well. Callahan was 2-10 against teams that were ranked at the time, and one of those was over a somehow-ranked-#23 Iowa St. team that finished the season 7-5. Bo is 8-12 against ranked teams. No only is Callahan's record much worse, he was going against fewer ranked teams, indicating an easier schedule.

It is Bo's responsibility, but again, this would be a far different, and better, team with good coordinators. And this is what I've been saying for a long while now - if he can't get good coordinators in here and let them do their jobs, he needs to go. I'm not convinced he's incapable of doing that, though. Sometimes people need to be told, "Do it or you're fired." He's certainly at that point now after this season.

You mean like Michigan? It's working really well for them.

........and Clemson got the pleasure of being blown out on national tv at home by Florida State. Clemson's OC and DC are near the top in assistant pay.

27-22 is mediocre.

To some extent, yes. But twice as many wins with as many losses is a totally different level of success.

One of 4-5 schools with 9 wins in the last five years is not mediocre. Three CCGs in four years is not mediocre. As I said, not great. Not even as good as we would like. But far from mediocre.

Perhaps the results dont appear to be mediocre, but between resources and scheduling, 6 wins are just about a given. Its about the other games. And he's losing 4 of the 7-8 other games every year.

27-22 is mediocre.

Perhaps the results dont appear to be mediocre, but between resources and scheduling, 6 wins are just about a given. Its about the other games. And he's losing 4 of the 7-8 other games every year.

Ah....the old weak schedule spin. The old Big 8 is chuckling.

27-22 is mediocre.

Ah....the old weak schedule spin. The old Big 8 is chuckling.

All the big schools do it. 3 of the 4 non-con games are little more than gimmies, and you can expect 3 wins in conference off the bottom feeders. Going 3-5 in conference at a big program will get you fired no matter where it is, even some of the bottom feeders get fed up with that kinda record after awhile, just ask Purdue.

All the big schools do it. 3 of the 4 non-con games are little more than gimmies, and you can expect 3 wins in conference off the bottom feeders. Going 3-5 in conference at a big program will get you fired no matter where it is, even some of the bottom feeders get fed up with that kinda record after awhile, just ask Purdue.

pi7vh.jpg

• Fire 1

They're right there between Fort Worth and Austin.....all the Texas kids who were rejected by UT needed was a reason to believe and they seem to have found it. Also, the exit of teams from the Big 12 may have helped their recruiting when it comes to players who want to be seen by their friends and family.