Re-inactment of Devin Gardner's brain the last two weeks

Until we beat MSU and then someone says they were playing poorly lately and we wouldn't have been able to beat them at their finest...

Why do people feel the need to downplay a win?

Because, IIRC, we still haven't beat a ranked opponent this season. And the way we did it on offense left a lot to be desired.

Not all wins are created equal, and just because you win doesn't mean you stop looking for areas of improvement.

Yes, this was a good win...but much in the same way that NW was a good win. There's a lot to improve on, especially if the kids are wanting to go back to Indy...

Then say, "This was a good win, but I think this and this needs to be worked on," not "this was a good win, but that was only because the other team was terrible," or even "We got lucky to get a win against a terrible team." You are basically discrediting anything good that the team did in the game with those last two. Not saying that is what you say, but I think that is the point that Atbone is trying to make.

Until we beat MSU and then someone says they were playing poorly lately and we wouldn't have been able to beat them at their finest...

Why do people feel the need to downplay a win?

Because, IIRC, we still haven't beat a ranked opponent this season. And the way we did it on offense left a lot to be desired.

Not all wins are created equal, and just because you win doesn't mean you stop looking for areas of improvement.

Yes, this was a good win...but much in the same way that NW was a good win. There's a lot to improve on, especially if the kids are wanting to go back to Indy...

Then say, "This was a good win, but I think this and this needs to be worked on," not "this was a good win, but that was only because the other team was terrible," or even "We got lucky to get a win against a terrible team." You are basically discrediting anything good that the team did in the game with those last two. Not saying that is what you say, but I think that is the point that Atbone is trying to make.

When we lose we shouldn't have because the other team was terrible. When we win we should have won by more because the other team is terrible.

From a fan standpoint, this was a huge win. You removed 2 of 3 things a Michigan Man will attempt to use as justification of why Michigan is better than (insert team here)

1.) Hoke has never lost a game at home (not anymore)

2.) Michigan has a better head to head record (not anymore)

3.) All time winningest program (you just moved one closer)

They played 10 more years then us

We have 5 National championships not 8 made up ones

Your issue here is you're trying to apply logic to this. You can't do that against Michigan fans. You just have to beat what they're bragging about. For example:

Michigan leads Ohio State in the head to head by 14 games. During the early part of the series, Michigan was a Div. I football team. Ohio State was a club team for,wait for it, 14 years.

Do you think that really matters to them?

I guess I am one of those guys your talking about. We won some games last year, that I was not impressed with. Games that we got lucky, bad call, missed give me play. I look at how we play, what we are about. I said numerous times last year we were very lucky to win this or that game. A win is a win, but those type of wins affect the players. They know when they should win, when they played well enough to win. It stays with them. When they win with just luck, when the going gets tough and it is not going in their direction, that lucky win comes up, the questions are there.

Yesterday was a great win for me. We fought as an underdog, in one of the most storied stadiums in the country against the most winningest ( I know not a word) program in college football history, against one of the largest crowds in college football. They played every minute to win, no matter what they were dealt they played through it. That is the marking of a true winner, not a lucky winner. Last week we were lucky winners. This week we showed heart, a sense of growth, that will continue. A work and earn it attitude that paid off. That creates drive down the road, the belief they are for real, not lucky. This team did something no other team has been able to, nor will there be another ever do it, they ended a 19-0 home winning streak.

A huge game for this young team, a great game for Bo and staff. I embrace it as a major step in the right direction. I am very proud of the accomplishment, and my guess and hope is this will be the game that makes Nebraska,, Nebraska again.

• Fire 1

Poor Gardner has been completely ruined as a qb. He's so uncomfortable back there it's sad.

If I'm not mistaken he's a former WR turned QB. He looked horrible Saturday. Like really bad. He looked really lost back there and even I was thinking 'dude just get rid of the ball!' when he was back there running around albeit really slowly. I kept thinking to myself 'is this the best QB on their roster'?

Poor Gardner has been completely ruined as a qb. He's so uncomfortable back there it's sad.

If I'm not mistaken he's a former WR turned QB. He looked horrible Saturday. Like really bad. He looked really lost back there and even I was thinking 'dude just get rid of the ball!' when he was back there running around albeit really slowly. I kept thinking to myself 'is this the best QB on their roster'?

He was a QB turned WR turned QB

He was a QB turned WR turned QB

Good to know. That begs the question. Was he really that bad of a WR then?!!!

Michigan is a very inept team right now. They have been overrated in every sense of the word this year.

We're talking about a team that was the pick to win the division. Here's from Scout:

The schedule: It’s as good as could be reasonably asked for. There’s always going to be Ohio State to deal with from the Leaders, but there’s no Wisconsin and getting Indiana at home and a depleted Penn State isn’t bad. There’s no way all the tough games could be at home, but welcoming the Buckeyes, Notre Dame and Nebraska should be a big help. But it’s Michigan; it’s going to get every team’s best shot.

Getting past Central Michigan, Akron and a road trip to Connecticut shouldn’t be a problem, and hosting Minnesota and Indiana to go along with the away date in Happy Valley should mean 7-0, or at worst 6-1 with a loss to the Irish. Going on the road three times in four weeks – at Michigan State, at Northwestern and at Iowa with the Nebraska game thrown into the mix – comes after a needed off week.

Key game: Nov. 2 at Michigan State. Next year, the Ohio State game will really, really matter when the Wolverines and Buckeyes are together in the East division. This season, the Nebraska game will be big, but that’s at home and it comes after the battle with Michigan State, which should, at the very least, determine the front-runner for the Legends title. The Spartans will be stronger than they were last year, but so should the Wolverines.